OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
snooz

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G-nite Tina---sweet dreams. wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

I laid down after dinner last night for a short nap and slept 7 hours. I was zonked!!

We are supposed to have good weather all this weekend & I want me 'n Maxi outside enjoying it.

Maxi is a little freaked it is the anniversary of 9/11. He was 5 when the attacks occurred & he remembers that day very well. He got nervous tonight that they might try again. We talked about that for a long while before he felt confident enough to go to bed.

I always feel badly for the kids who were alive on 9/11 and remember it. When I was a kid, the danger was more distant. Oh, we practiced getting under our desks at school & people dug bomb shelters but Russia was far away and my nation hadn't been bombed in my lifetime. I just practiced the bomb drills like everybody else. But these kids today live with the memory of 9/11 and that is a whole other degree of upset. They know there is no school desk that can save you in a situation like that!

So, when he gets upset about it as he does from time to time, I just try to speak soothingly -- reassuringly and clearly, calmly. He responds well to that, fortunately!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hopped out of bed and got busy right away today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
coffee Morning everyone. I slept for almost 11 hours last night, didn't realize I needed that much sleep. Yesterday was an exhausting day for me, mentally anyway. The girls did great for their first swim meet. They didn't think they did that well but they keep comparing themselves to the more experienced girls. They beat all the other girls that were new like them so they should be proud. They've never done this before and compared to the more experienced girls they are out of shape. Ashley did a 100 meter relay and just about died. But, she did it. They had fun and that's what matters more. There is a girl on their team who has made to the olympic trials so it's really neat to see her swim. One of the other parents told us she was the best in the state. Wouldn't that be neat in a couple years if she makes it to the olympics to be watching on TV and the girls can say they knew her and swam on the same team? Today is mostly a lazy day. I have to start my laundry at some point and later today I have to go register for my race tomorrow. We need to do some grocery shopping too but we'll wait until tonight after most of the crowd is gone.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That is great that your girls did so well, Cheryl. And finishing is a very good thing.
I am just glad that Ted can swim. Having a deep pool nearby always made me a little nervous. I am less so the last few years.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

We've been having a very good day here.

And what great news you have, Cheryl! I'm very proud of your girls for doing so well. And you are right: If their teammate makes the Olympics, it will be fun to watch her compete! We'll ALL probably be glued to our TV screens to see the girl your girls know!! lol

Last fall I was talking to a sophmore at Maxi's current school & she was telling me about the sports program. When she first signed up for swimming, she had no idea what that actually meant, and so she signed up for EVERY event! After the very first meet, she quickly dropped everything but her single event which she has remained with ever since. haha She said she learned her lesson and never had known how difficult competitive swimming actually is until that day!

We are using this weekend to get Maxi more fully organized so he can have smooth school weeks.

My cardiologist gave me strict orders to seriously lay low for the next 6 weeks. But as my pal Angel said, my definition of laying low is different from his! I think that's why he added "seriously". I'm doing my best but I'm a busy person.

Pot roast tonight with carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, and turnips.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
1k Posts
1k Posts
Good afernoon everyone wavy

I'm going fishing in a bit. I'm going to fish for catfish and striped bass; I'm leaving late in the afternoon so I can night fish. I'm not coming back until late at night.

Waiting for fall...
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Enrique! wavy

I hope you have loads of fun fishing tonight and catch a great catch!

We just finished dinner as it is after 7:30 PM here.

Maxi's pal Dom came over after his day trip way up north to get apples. He is spending the night. I hope the boys don't eat too many apples!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nighty night everyone--sweet dreams to all wavy

I really need to go now, I am WAY tired---g'nite snooz

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Carol. I am tired as well. I will be heading to bed soon also.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Rest well tina----- kissie

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
breakfast Good morning. The sun is not yet up but I am. Today I'm running in the Iron Girl 10k. I'm really excited about this one and I really hope the rain gives me a break. I was going to sleep a little longer but Aros kept trying to roll over on top of me despite my efforts to push him off so I decided to go ahead and get up. My alarm was going to go off soon enough anyway. Got to get to the race place early to get parking. Got my coffee brewing right now and in a little bit I'll make my oat bran and I'll be set. I'm going to want a nap later for sure but I'll report back in with pictures later. I'm actually going to know some people at this race so I'll have them take some pics of me. Have a great day everyone! party

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good luck, Cheryl! Olympics are around the corner.
Good morning all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Hi everybody!

We are having a slow kind of day. Finishing up homework, doing laundry, and basically getting ready for the week ahead.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Been awhile I know- seems like I am staying busy lately getitng my house company ready and kids back in homework and school routines,Joe and I are walking every evening too- I have officially lost 21 lbs now and I feel so much better.... sleeping better most of time too so that helps in the aches an pains dept...
When I cleaned out the basement I found a box of stuff from the first time I packed up and moved my office...now I have to find places for some of it... an I found my copper miniatures I got when I was a kid- about the only thing I have from then... they are tarnished but will shine up nicely... got to go get some copper cleaner tonight and work on them and try and find a couple nic.nac shelves too- found my collection of miniature houses too... got places for them on shelves in my office... not moving it again ...!
It looks like it will be a go with the kids new house too so we will be moving them in the end of Sept first week of Oct.. depending on the closing...that should be fun... found some of her pictures and decor items when I cleaned out the basement too so will suprise her with that when we get down to it...
Well off to finish my house stuff, laundry is washing- and now I need to go clean up the kitchen and get the vacuum out too..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Awesome on the weight loss, Nana! I know it is making you feel better. And good news on the house for the kids. So good to hear from you any time. But when there is good news, it is even better.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
flwr UPDATE ON CRICKET/LAURA flwr

I received a letter this weekend from Cricket. She is doing well. The kids are back in school -- 8th grade and 5th grade -- and she is deep cleaning the house. They had a nice summer, but uneventful. She misses being here.

Sherri ~ I'm so glad things are moving along so well. Joe is recovering, you are losing weight, and the kids have a new house! And you are nearly completely organized!! Way to go!!

Cheryl I'm happy to read of your successful run today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good evening! I ran a great race this morning. It could have been better had there been less people to weave around and had there been a sufficient amount of porta potties to use beforehand resulting in a mid race pit stop. But, I still managed to take 3 full minutes off my best time for a 10k distance so I'm not upset at all. I took an hour and half nap earlier today and I'm wiped out again already. I should sleep really good tonight. In fact, I'll probably go to bed as soon as I get the last load of laundry into the dryer.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Gee wish I could g et my DH to walk with me---that woul dbe so nice---but he just went to 4 day weeks--10 hrs a day so he wil nto be good for much but working & sleeping until this changes.

Cheryl--congratualtions !! way to go!!!

merme hope things are going ok & thanks for the update on Cricket. Tell her I said "hi".

I guess I should just say good night to everyone now---when my towels are done I am going to sleep myself--nighty night all

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It is so nice that Rod is working, though, Carol. That is a blessing.
Great on improving your time, Cheryl.
Good night all. I am drooping. Rest well everyone.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi ,
I am back.. should be tired but not yet... I may go up and read for awhile though.. listening to the news about the fires .. glad they are not close but sure feel bad for all the people it's affecting...
We walked for almost 45 min tonit.. was a good walk for us... I still am night blind so got to try and remember to take a flashlight- we don't have a whole lot of streetlights in our neighborhood... so it's pretty dark out there-- we have seen lots of rabbits.. one snake- pretty sure it was a garter snake but still startled me... and we saw something stick it's head out of a storm drain and dissapear back down it... don't think I really want to know what it was...LOL! I know we have coyotes in the neighborhood and foxes and racoons ..just not anxious to meet one in the dark...
Merme you are doing well with all the challenges with Maxi's school stuff- I am not even doing middleschool stuff with the boys and they keep me jumping- would be nice if they would teach math the way I know how to do it... wasn't ever really good at it but was sure not the way they do it now...
I cleaned out my pantry and found 3 boxes of oatmeal... now why I have 3 I haven't got a clue but I am going to make some oatmeal cookies tomorrow.. some with raisens and some without cause the boys will eat raisens alone but not in stuff... I like them in .. and I am going to use half splenda half sugar too... may even add some choc chips in some...
I am loving our weather right now- cool nights for sleeping and only 80's in the day.. there is a chance of rain this week.. small chance so hope it really happens to help put the fires out..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good night Carol and Tina.

Nana, I am tired but I have to wait for the dryer to finish before I can go to bed. Then again, I might just go to bed and pull the stuff out of the dryer in the morning.

Aros starts his new job tomorrow. He's asleep already and is very nervous for these next couple of weeks. He's been out of work for so long that he's gained quite a bit of weight and having to go from being mostly on the couch for a year to working a full time job is going to be a little rough at first. He's going to be very tired and very sore, but I reminded him that it's only temporary. His body will adjust and he'll probably end up dropping some weight. Wish my weight would drop but then again when I cave in to my sweet tooth I'm not really helping my body lose anything. Anyway, have a great night everyone!

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Congrats again to Aros. clap

My router box is giving me trouble..thinking it's time to exchange it. I dropped it last week, yikes.

What a long weekend, I am running in circles and can't get ahead lately it seems. We've had heavy frosts that look like snow on the ground...winter will soon be upon us rspb

Hoping everyone had a great week end, I need to read back to catch up.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

It is 53 here this morning; perfect morning weather!

I love the smell of freshly starched & ironed shirts first thing in the morning. It is right up there with fresh baked bread hot out of the oven.

Maxi has to wear specially ordered & monogramed shirts to school & they are pricey so I bought him three to get started. White w/ long sleeves, very pale blue & soft yellow w/ short sleeves. Friday he wore the white long sleeved for the first time and the front placket came off the shirt! About 6 inches right on the chest. Clearly it is a factory error in stitching & I will return it for a replacement. But the store is far from here & I will have to pay someone $10 to take me. gr-r-r-r-r!

So now he only has 2 school shirts. sigh. It takes two weeks for the store to order the shirts & monogram them, so it is going to be a bit before he gets another white one.

Maxi said he is taking a nap when he gets home today. He's been going to bed by 9:30 but I think he'd do better if he went at 9. He is pretty funny, though. We'll be on our computers and right before bedtime he will IM me with something silly.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping, YAY!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Boy---merem you have my sympathies about the Uniforms. I got lucky there. years ago the girls school began taking about uniforms--but they were voted down by the members of the parents association, primarily because of the cost.
Although I will say in the long run it is better for the children. No one is dresses better or worse then anyone else that way. Plus it does add a certain elegance to the student body.

I hope today goes well for Aros, cheryl...

Tamara: so sorry to hear about the router---I hope it is not costly to exchange...
so soad to h ear about the much cooler weather already. it is cooler here too, 61 now but if promises to be 81 later today--we shall see

As I have said yesterday, Rod is back on 10 hr days, 4 day weeks. With him being home I guess I had better go look busy.

Everyone have a good day.

i'll be back as I can be... wavy

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I looked in this morning but forgot to greet. I am heading out with my tools to see what damage I can do before it gets too hot.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hello all, in for 5 between laundry loads.

Well Carol, 3 out of 7 days is better than the full 7 fidget now go look busy lol

Merme, We have no school uniforms anywhere here in our province..I agree it would be a good thing though.

The router just needed to be re-set, so all is good.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Tina snuck in on me while I was typing..have a good day. I can send you some cold weather if you'd like? shewinks

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
great about the router, Tamara--& yep you are sure correct having DH home for 3 days far outweighs 7 days for sure--- fidget

Hi Tina--do not work too hard.

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Tina snuck in on me while I was typing..have a good day. I can send you some cold weather if you'd like? shewinks

I am not wanting cold yet. It is cool enough to work early in the mornings and maybe later in the evenings and I am super happy with that. The heat this week should be mid-80's for highs. This is all stuff I can deal with easily and be humbly grateful for. I have been out working for the last hour or so. I am good although tacky with perspiration. (Or is that 'glowing'?)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We are having a hard time reaching the 50's here now.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
50's is winter here. I hope you have a long Fall and short Winter, Tamara.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks Tina..

Been busy digging out my garden...the only thing I'm harvesting is bare dead plants lol

We've also had hard frosts this week so the lawn mowing is all finished for the season. Fall is in the air.. applaud

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Whewwwwwwwwwww today was a looooooooooooong Monday at work,, It felt like three days,, the Clock just would NOT move,, boohoo

But I'm home now, grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
today was a looooooooooooong Monday

I thought today was Sunday. touched

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
nope Cindy, it had better be Monday today--'cause I am going to go to ceramics tomorrow---

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Believe Me today IS Monday,,,, what I want to know is,,,,, Can tomorrow be Friday @ 5 PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ ????

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I seem to recall now that yesterday I was maybe a little drunk...maybe...just a little. badday

, Can tomorrow be Friday @ 5 PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ ????

Yes...it can for ME...can it for YOU? lol
(I obviously have no job and no life!)

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Sep 13th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't have a job either. If I didn't need to take Teddy to and from school on school days, I would not know what day it was. Or care much.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image