Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Come on in, everybody! We'll see the best yet!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I was up way too late last night & went to bed in the wee hours. Maxi came in but let me sleep a while. Then my sister in PA called and we talked a long time. So, it has been a slow start to my day. But it feels like a very good day is underway!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I read back in the last CH...

Tam, you have a busy day underway, I noticed. We are also having a sort of long weekend here as Monday is Columbus Day & schools and many businesses are closed. It is a nice break.

Carol, what fun you will have today! I'm so glad for you!

Can't wait to hear all the details later from both of you.

I bought a paper shredder & today I am finally going to go through many stacks of papers and shred away! YAY!

Plus, I have more squash recipes to post.... hope y'all have some also to add to that squash thread.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good afternoon wavy We stayed up late last night and watched a movie that we thought was going to be a much better movie than it turned out to be. We just signed up for netflix via xbox360 and wanted to test it out. I let everyone sleep in a little late today, kids I mean. Aros was already up when I woke up. Then I made breakfast for everyone, something I haven't done in a long time. It was nice. Now the girls and I are getting ready to go do some Halloween costume shopping and the boys are going to work some more on their helmet. Aros said from now on they'll use chemically stuff in the garage so it doesn't bother me in the future. Hope everyone has a fun weekend!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Cheryl ~

I'm glad Aros decided to use chemicals in the garage. Remind him to open the garage door or window & give himself ventilation as well! (You don't want him passing out or toxifying himself!) yikes

A big family breakfast is always so nice. I'm glad you got to do that today!

Have fun costume shopping!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hello ,
I am still here.. occasionaly... Joe drove the car today so we could go see a roof to see if we liked the color- we are trying to get our house re-roofed before snow flies... insurance adj left off half the stuff on his estimate so we have to get him to adjust that... and for some reason (we didn't ask for it he added in our deck) so now we have to get two est for painting it too... projects for Mon and Tues... I have to go get my follow up blood test too... that is next week...
Joe is feeling better - is still bored - he got our my labeler and labeled all the VHS movies on the edge of the box so he could put them in order.... LOL! told him the kids would destroy any order he had them in in about 2 minutes... oh well kept him busy for a while....
I need to get out my fall - halloween decorations too.. it's time- actually feels like fall today - cool and cloudy today...
Well off to get something done... got laundry to fold and a vacuum to run- may even dust... now if Joe didn't think he had to tell me how to clean it would be even better... funny how I have been running a house forever but he knows a better way..... don't think he will ever get to retire... probably drive me completly crazy if he did...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
If he retires, you hand him the vacuum and make it his job, Nana. Of course no guarantees that will work. It didn't for me.
I am doing a bunch of little puttering jobs around here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Wow Sherri Nana you guys are always so very busy!

I understand how difficult it might feel to have Joe underfoot. He'll have to take up out-of-the-house hobbies when he retires! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I slept in again which is wonderful on a weekend.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning everyone! I'm at work, it's my slow day. My order never was delivered so it's an even slower day than expected. Oh well, I'm thankful to have a job so I won't complain, especially about it being slow rather than stressful. Had fun shopping with the girls yesterday. Only Amanda found a costume. Ashley and I are still undecided as to what we want to do. I'm thinking of either being a leopard or a vampire. Those two things would be fairly inexpensive for me to put together and I could run in them, which is a determining factor for me since I'm doing a costume race on Halloween. Either way I'm going to have to get some new running clothes to make the costume, darn the luck, lol! Hope everyone is having a nice, lazy Sunday.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
A costume race sounds like a great deal of fun Cheryl. I'd like to see that.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Hi everybody!

I'm glad you had fun shopping, Cheryl. A costume race sure sounds fun. Our town has a "Spook Parade" and any kid in a costurm can get in the line of march headed toward the firestation & a big, free party w/ lots of fun stuff to do & plenty of candy & foods!

Today we went to our old church again to see every who wasn't there last week. We had a fun time! Then we went to lunch and enjoyed this very beautiful weather day.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'll definitely get some pics taken of me for the costume race. Had a pretty good day at work today and had an even better run after work. Then I came home and cooked steak for Aros and the kids and I had a protein shake and some scrambled eggs. I'm working on finishing up some laundry then it'll be off to bed for me.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Glad you had a very good day, Cheryl, and were able to get a nice run in too!

I've been working on the Squash thread down in recipes. If you have any recipes to add, just jump in! lol

Maxi took himself off his stomach medicine and today he's been miserable all day... sick to his stomach & unable to eat. I told him to get back on the Protonix so he will be better again! He gets so stubborn at times, yikes!

It is only 48 degrees and I feel chilly even in our snug home, even wearing a sweater. I really don't want to turn the heat on yet, but I might have to soon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all, I was so busy Saturday, then had the baby that night and all day and evening yesterday..Never got a chance to even turn on the computer.

Yesterday was my birthday but we are celebrating it today since it's Thanksgiving here and I am the one doing the supper this year. Turkey, turkey, turkey..yum grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
A double birthday is great as long as it doesn't double the years involved too. We don't need to jump 2 years at a time. Heck, I don't even want to jump two stairs at a time anymore.
Good morning. Happy Thanksgiving, Tamara.
It is Columbus Day here but my son still goes off to school. So I am up and ready.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning, everybody! I have a busy day underway. Maxi has his friend Dom over & my girl is here, so we are working to whip this place back into shape.

I hope you enjoy your birthday celebration as well as your Thanksgiving, Tam.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yep Columbus day !!!
My youngest is off work But my oldest teaches in Missouri and they do not get Columbus day off-
DH has every Monday off so he is not at work.

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday (again) Tamara !!
Double enjoy today!!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks all, turkey is in the oven. Smells wonderful.

DH is off for a bit, they are forcing him to use up his holidays. Apparently they haven't figured out that holidays should go til the end of December, they want all days used up by October 31st. They make sure no one takes off days during snow season. rolz It's going to be a long two weeks fidget Hoping he goes deer hunting, I want to houseclean this whole house and like being by myself to do it thumbup

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I used to like having DH home---but after the lay off, I am not looking forward to retirement. Like today--I told him last night I had to do something with these apples today. (they sat at my DD's BF house for a week already)

so he says to me this morning--well do you want to go with me out to your dad's timber---oh gracious---nothing is going to get done when he retires--- rolz

I had better get to taking care of the apples now---I am going to make some sauce & then put some up for pies. we do not eat very much jelly these days.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I never got a chance to freeze apples for pies...oh well next year.

I am so not prepared for this winter..not even a bottle of pickles, chow, beets or such. Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard is bare haha

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't can anything. I do freeze though and have some apples to do. I have been working on cleaning out my freezers though.
I have my son off to school and am getting ready to tackle some of the debris this week's winds brought down out of my trees. I just needed o eat a little something first.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning! I'm on day two of no caffeine and feeling pretty good. I have a semi busy day at work today. The sun is shining and you'd never know we had a bit of a storm last night. The locks got hit by lightning and it knocked the power out to the large lock. The small one is still working so most boats can still get through. That was a veryoud boom of thunder too. I wish our thunder storms lasted more than just a few booms. The sound of the rain was relaxing, it was really coming down for a while. The kids have school today. Only the banks and post office are closed. Happy Thanksgiving, Tamara!

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good for you on the no caffeine Cheryl..thanks also.

Tina, we have had heavy winds here also..makes for such a mess. Hope you both have a great day today...

My 6 year old niece is here for a visit...she's a handful. lol Quite the talker also, she sure fills one in on all the local gossip. The kid knows more than me on what's going on around here. Oh and apparently the next time I lose a tooth I should go to her place since the tooth fairy pays more there than the other kids homes haha

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tamara---I will be sure to come over to your niece's house when I lose my next tooth. shewinks

yea for Cheryl----keep up the good work.

Today I made 6 containers of applesauce for Rod & I.--they are each a bit over 1 cup in size--enough for 1 meal I thought, & also the size for applesauce bread. then I made a 4 cup container for the holidays.
What was left is being served for supper tonight.

If DH is pleased with it, I will cut up the remaining apples ( tiny though they are) and make a bit more sauce.

Then tomorrow (as there is no ceramics badday) I will cut up the apples for pies.

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Carol, you have me inspired to look up applesauce recipes. Sounds fun! Made dinner without any issue. Tried something new for me tonight and it turned out pretty good. Now I'm just sitting and trying to relax. Having some OCD issues with the girls tonight but I'll get over it. Ashley came upstairs, wearing a tank top, complaining she was cold. So she ate dinner with a blanket wrapped around her. Annoyance number one. Then, she takes the blanket down to her room. It was one of only a few blanket specifically bought for the living room, they have plenty of their own blankets in their room. Anyway, I'm going to go fold some towels now.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
it is really easy to make--I was around your age when I began making it. I had no recipe I just peeled cut up apples put th em in a pot--added a biot of water & cooked teh apples down--( when it is doen to mostly sauce, take a whisk & habvd whip it--to break down the left over lumps. when It is gow I like it texture wise I add a little sugar at a time until it is how I like it.

Thesae apples I have now are pretty sweet. Today I added a small amoiunt of sugar & say 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water to a 3 qt pot of sauce. The ones tomorrow I am going to try to cook without any sugar & see how it goes--I can always add some sugar at the end

If you ever add too much water no big deal--just cook it down until the water evaporates some.

I like it served warm with cinnamon in it.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

We had a good Columbus Day, today. In fourteen hundred and ninety two Columbus sailed the ocean blue... There was no school today.

For the next two days, the freshmen class will be doing community service in two locations. Maxi is looking forward to it.

I am glad to have tomorrow off from all appointments & running around.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme glad you & Maxi had such a good day.
It's nice to hear that Maxi is doing such worth while things--

Rest tomorrow--

I am going to bed now--sleep well everyone !!!!

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol. I will be heading towards my bed soon as well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning, everybody! Happy Tuesday!

Yes, Maxi was really pleased to be heading out to school to do community service. It is a "dress down" day which means they can wear jeans & t-shirts but no shirts with writing on them. They will be either working w/ Habitat for Humanity OR a local Soup Kitchen & won't know what the assignment is until the homeroom teacher tells them. Maxi would be glad to do either one.

My new girl, Ifrah, is very, very good, but she is quite tall and so I will have to remind her that I am seated. She does what many tall girls have done here in the past... put everything up high -- at her eye level rather than mine! lol Last night I rolled all around the kitchen looking everywhere for my pot holder & oven mitt which are bright red plaid (they actually belong to Maxi) & neither Maxi or I could find them, so Maxi got me a towel to use. This morning I happened to look up & there they were -- on top of the refrigerator! A high spot I never use! lol Neither one of us saw them up there, as bright as they are! Silly.

She is a truly nice woman and I am so glad to have her! I made a dreadful mistake on Friday... I absentmindedly put a bottle of my new medication in her bag rather than mine (they look similar) & when I got to dialysis to show it to the nurse, I couldn't find it anywhere. 6 PM Friday night, Ifrah came back in, waving my medication! She had driven 30 minutes to return it to me, knowing I would need it. And had to drive 30 minutes back again! Many girls would have let it go til Monday but she didn't.

We are in the low 30's this week....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good Morning Merme...so glad the new girl is working out thumbup Waiting to hear on how Maxi's day goes..such a great idea for the school to get involved.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, we had our Thanksgiving meal here and my mother did show up after all..drove us crazy the whole time but we knew that would happen. I'll post in my birthday thread..

I so need to go for groceries today, after I go see the damage done to the banking account(These past few months were awful). We are thinking about selling all our cattle...it would put us back on track with a few dollars to spare. Also there is no way I am going to be able to do all the barn work by myself this winter. The horse is easily looked after...banter, banter, banter lol

So why is there no ceramics today Carol? you're gonna be lost home on a Tuesday grin Well unless you spend the day peeling apples again, good job on the sauce for Winter.

I hear you on the OCD Cheryl, one of my biggest problems...things have a place and need to be kept in it. It's so strange, reading your post..I could feel your distress. kissie

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Tam! wavy

Selling your cattle makes a good deal of sense, Tamara. Would you be able to find a buyer easily?

Yes, I too understand Cheryl's distress from yesterday. But as my health has become more compromised & I must depend on so many other people, things are not always done or arranged as I would prefer. So, I have the choice of frying myself because of the OCD or purposefully "letting it go". I let it go, as hard as it is sometimes to do. Yet it makes me sad to notice how careless many of my girls have been.

Ifrah is of a different sort; she too likes things done well. That will be nice for a change!!

Now I am going to go read your birthday thread before I post another squash recipe. Tamara do you have any squash recipes to add to the thread?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks, I'm hoping the cattle will be easy to sell..

Sorry no squash recipe from me. I usually just bake them and puree them then freeze in dishes to add to soups.

I've been dealing with a crack in the bottom of my 'all in one' shower and tub.(DD dropped a bottle of her shampoo rolz ) Just sanded it and used a special epoxy for fibreglass bumpers..that's what the repair shop said to do..it stinks to high heaven in here..yikes. I hope it works, it's the second time I had to make a repair from her carelessness. My mother only has a tub, no shower..well DD better get used to it because I've had it, I can't afford to replace the tub.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Another hot, windy day here. I wonder what all will get accomplished.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tamara I hope you are venting your house while using the epoxy. Don't want you passing out! yikes

My new girl Ifrah has dismantled my bathroom completely & is scrubbing it like no one else has scrubbed it in ages, thank God! I can tell she is annoyed no one else has done it in so long. That's ok, though, I've been annoyed, too. I clean what I can reach and that isn't much!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Whew, got to get out of the house, even open windows aren't working..back much later.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara

I had a pretty good day yesterday, we had our Thanksgiving meal here and my mother did show up after all..drove us crazy the whole time but we knew that would happen. I'll post in my birthday thread..

So why is there no ceramics today Carol? you're gonna be lost home on a Tuesday grin Well unless you spend the day peeling apples again, good job on the sauce for Winter.

Glad that you had a good day-. Food & Family is always a good thing. The plus was getting to celebrate your B-Day !!! I am sure that made the day extra special.

About Ceramics---The son who is taking care of things now, has to work today. His mom that just passed away had special arrangements with Cracker Barrel (where he is a chef) so that he would either not have to work or work afternoons on Tuesdays--but she is not here now to speak up for him--so they told him he had to work today--what ya gonna do--and yes, I will be peeling apples again today. I hate to let apples go to waste so I will be making more sauce, tedious though it will be with the smaller apples---
and then I will ba cutting up the golden delicious apples for pie. Not my favorite pie apple but hey free is free after all. Besides, I am supposed to make like 6-8 pies for our churches sausage supper. Likly they will only get 6 or 7 from me.

we need more members to participate in this day. I remember a time that we just had to bring 4 pies and that was plenty because there were more members bringing pies.

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Thanks, I'm hoping the cattle will be easy to sell..

I've been dealing with a crack in the bottom of my 'all in one' shower and tub.(DD dropped a bottle of her shampoo rolz ) Just sanded it and used a special epoxy for fibreglass bumpers..that's what the repair shop said to do..it stinks to high heaven in here..yikes. I hope it works, it's the second time I had to make a repair from her carelessness. My mother only has a tub, no shower..well DD better get used to it because I've had it, I can't afford to replace the tub.

I think your repair should work. My FIL put the Epoxy on his shower in the basement about every 2 years or so---and it smelled to high heaven too. When it dries well it will stop smelling so. When we re-did the bathroom at the farm we too got a all-in-one shower/bath with a ceiling to it as well. IT was fiberglass & I worried constantly about breaking it when/if I dropped something.

I will hope for you that yoiur cattle will be easy to sell. I would think they will be.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Carol I am doing apples also today! Great minds think alike! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,890
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image