Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#337951 Dec 30th, 2010 at 09:14 AM
OP Offline
I am trying to find a company that sells houseplant plugs wholesale. My intention is to grow them to a sellable size in my hot house and sell them at our local swap meet this spring. I have found one company so far but their selection isn't great. Does anyone have any advice? I've done web searches on Wholesale Houselplant Plugs...I can find outdoor plant plugs but not houseplants.

I'm really impressed with this website...very clever, cute and packed with information. Much thanks.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome Co_Pat. I just do not know. I used to purchase from a local family owned place some small plant starts. They have closed their doors. But even then most of what people think of as houseplants, I grow outdoors in the ground. I hope you can find what you need and have a nice sideline income get going for you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #337971 Dec 30th, 2010 at 11:49 AM
OP Offline
Right now there is nothing growing outdoors...we got hit with 19" of snow and it's cold outside. My hot house is nice and warm thanks to a solar collector and propane heat. Can't wait to get started on this harebrained scheme. Thanks for your good wishes.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Even in my California desert-y hillside I will drop to the 30's and maybe 20's tonight. Keep warm out there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Hi

I've had great experiences with NCfarmsinc.com.

Family business, I've always got great product & service.

Consider buying unrooted cuttings, cheapest way to go. I've done the same thing you're wanting to do....make sure you start early enough (like RIGHT NOW), that's what was always the hardest for me.

Hope that helps

Tim

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image