#342430 Mar 10th, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody!

Max & I did not get accepted for the apt where we applied. So, it's been back to the Great Apt Search all over again!

The good news is I contacted a different complex, quite near the school, which will have a unit available on 4/1. It hasn't been in the papers because it isn't available yet. I am going to town on Tuesday & will put in an application.

Maxi has been quite sick & out of school for the past two weeks. Back & forth to the doctor, all kinds of tests & still no real answers or improvement yet. But today his doc started him on a new medication & we are hoping for good results. He's having more lab work done tomorrow.

Remember us when you say your prayers.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #342474 Mar 11th, 2011 at 02:59 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
I'm sorry that your apartment fell through and that Max has been sick. It sure has been a long hard winter for you two!
kissie

Merme #342478 Mar 11th, 2011 at 04:22 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh my Merme... when it rains it pours or snows in Maine I guess... will be praying for you both... so hard when kids are sick and no real diagnosis... hope he feels better really soon and the new apt works out better than the other one...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme #342519 Mar 12th, 2011 at 02:27 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thank you both for your kind remarks. Yes, it has been a grueling time for us both.

Maxi is still not well but he hasn't been on the meds for very long yet. We've radically changed his diet because there is a strong suspicion that he might have celiac disease -- the kind which causes the malabsorption of fat rather than the kind which causes trouble w/ gluten. Although we are waiting on test results, it doesn't do any harm to remove potential problem ingredients now. The hope is to stop the chronic diarrhea so he can get back on his feet & return to school.

On Sunday, my sister Nancy & her adult son Ted are driving up from Philadelphia to visit for several days. They will help me finish the last of the packing & get around to do some important things. We haven't seen Ted in two years & Nancy since our Washington trip.

Maxi had such a blast in DC last year he wants to go back this summer! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #342520 Mar 12th, 2011 at 02:44 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
So sorry for all the troubles, Merme. If he does have celiac disease it's easy to treat. Simply remove gluten. If you have any questions or need any advice you can ask me or Carol can get you in touch with her mom. If that's what it turns out to be. I hope he gets to feeling better and I'll be thinking of you both. kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Merme #342530 Mar 13th, 2011 at 04:05 AM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cheryl we suspect Maxi has the kind of ciliac disease which causes a malabsorption of fats in his foods; we do not believe he has a problem w/ gluten or proteins. As you may already know, ciliac disease can cause a malaborption of fats, protein OR gluten.

But thank you so much for your offer to help!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #342531 Mar 13th, 2011 at 04:37 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Celiac disease is an auto-immune disorder where the body attacks gluten and because of the attack in the digestive system it can, and often does, cause malabsorption issues. The only treatment for celiac disease, no matter how your body reacts to it, is to cut out gluten. Without the gluten the body does not attack what is being ingested and then your body and absorb nutrients the way it's supposed to. There is only kind of celiac disease, but there are many different way in which people's body's react to it. I had issues absorbing iron and was bloated all of the time, nauseas a lot of the time, had many digestive troubles, and got sick quite often. Some people get rashes, some people's reactions are so mild that they don't even know they have it until years years later when it's finally caused damage. Not trying to be rude but I've been dealing with this for years and have studied celiac disease in depth. If a blood test comes up positive for celiac, they may do an endoscopy to confirm it. Again, just trying to help and wish the best for you both.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image