Rate Thread
#342829 Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The other day I picked up a Banquet Pot Pie to have on hand when I'm not feeling well and Maxi's hungry.

I noticed a declaration on the box which really caught my attention abot ending childhood hunger!

All I had to do was go to a specified web site printed on the box & type in the code from the box as well.

A meal would be donated to a child!

So I went & did it and was afterwards directed to a page to select a coupon for foods I might purchase.

Apparently, many foods are participating in this effort.... Peter Pan peanut butter; kid cuisine; Chef Boyardee, Banquet... just to name a few.

Check out your local stores & see if anything you routinely buy is doing it as well. It was certainly simple enough!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #343092 Apr 3rd, 2011 at 05:57 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Sorry Merme I don't buy name brand products and mostly cook from scratch,,with 4 mouths to feed and a limited income, so I haven't had the opportunity to see that.I wish our gov't and name brand companies would worry more about the hungry children here in the USA tho :ding:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Merme #343135 Apr 4th, 2011 at 08:02 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I, too, make many of our foods from scratch, Diane.

I still think it is a marvelous thing that a company as big as Conagra put this effort underway.

And happily enough, even I buy the occasional jar of peanut butter or pot pie.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
angelblossom #343145 Apr 5th, 2011 at 06:02 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
I wish our gov't and name brand companies would worry more about the hungry children here in the USA tho :ding:
i agree... we have people without homes and children without food in our own country that needs fixing; i fail to see why we're fixing everyone elses problems first...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image