Two days ago a white mold appeared around the base of my large squash (I think pumpkin) vine. I dug out the small area (no more than 5"x5") to try to remove some of the mold, and I noticed the few roots I exposed don't seem to be decayed. The mold extends rather deep into the soil, through what looks like ant tunnels. I removed just enough leaves to expose the affected soil to the maximum possible sunlight, in an attempt to dry it, and at the suggestion of my mother (go figure) I poured about two cups of supersaturated baking soda solution onto the affected soil. I think this mold is growing because I was overwatering, but is there anything else that I can do?