Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#346650 Jul 29th, 2011 at 04:33 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds like a wonderful vacation, Pamela.
I think your plan of napping is a good thing too, Cheryl. And congrats on needing a smaller size!
I got up and lazed around much of the early morning. Then I hauled some of the things I bought for Ted's classroom to his new teacher. She is thrilled. I am glad to have it done. I need to get more of the things together to take in on Monday when school begins. Most of that is food stuffs and juices, etc.
I stopped to shop on the way home and fill my tank. It is a good day, so far.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #346652 Jul 29th, 2011 at 06:06 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
I could have sworn that we went to page 11 and 100 posts. I opened a new CH.

That works for me! thumbup

Been at the doctor for the entire morning and half the afternoon.
My blood tests came back and I'm not even going to say here what it could be, because I want to remain optimistic. But I have an appointment now with a hematologist next week.

Until then I'm going to party like it's 1999!!! party

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina #346653 Jul 29th, 2011 at 07:05 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I love that song!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346657 Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
AAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!
Somebody knock me over the head with a baseball bat!!!!!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #346658 Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
By 99 people forgot how to party, We PARTIED in the 60's went almost 24/7 now a days parties are dull.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Jimmy V #346659 Jul 29th, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I've partied SINCE the 60's almost 24/7... lol shots

I'm thinking after this bone marrow biopsy my party days might have to slow down....? boohoo

No........I'll party til I die. Might as well go out with a bang...that's how I live my life.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346660 Jul 29th, 2011 at 01:19 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Are you anemic, Cindy?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346661 Jul 29th, 2011 at 02:06 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
No...the blood counts are all in the other extreme...over the top. She's concerned it could be leukemia, but I don't think so. My brother has a rare blood disease that mimics leukemia... Polycythemia so I'm think I have the same thing he does.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #346662 Jul 29th, 2011 at 02:14 PM
Goodness Me, Cindy, I hope you will be ok!! prayers

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
Tina #346663 Jul 29th, 2011 at 02:57 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I just read up on it. I also hope you will be OK.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346664 Jul 29th, 2011 at 09:18 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning, everybody! Coffee's on.

It rained and rained here last night and we still have a light drizzle sort of thing going. It warmed up considerably, too, and now we are at 69 and it is only 7 AM. I hope all that rain doesn't turn to steam, yuck! lol

I'm a little frustrated this morning because I can't get my new battery powered glue gun to work! boohoo I'm trying to glue some flowers on a hat band to wear to church tomorrow which would look swell w/ my new outfit. When Maxi gets up I will ask him to check to see if I'm doing the batteries right or if they are duds.

Today we are going to tackle the living room and clear out as many boxes as we can. The more bookshelves we fill, the easier it will get to move around in here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #346665 Jul 30th, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Merme...I bought several packs of "Sunbeam" brand batteries awhile back and none of them worked. Sticking with Duracell from now on...I learned a lesson about trying to save a dollar. rolz

Somebody come get this cat!!!!!! cat

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346666 Jul 30th, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I mostly stick to brand name batteries as well. And rechargeable for most things. Duracell or energizer or something. I have been burned by low cost, low performance batteries too often. It is not a money saver.
I am going out shopping this morning. My daughter is moving into a house with several roommates today. It is a pretty bare house so starting from scratch other than the things each are bringing. There is a fridge, microwave and stove. As I have no clue as to who has what for pots and pans for cooking, food storage containers etc., it is challenging. I am sending along plenty of microwaveable stuff. And baggies and foil and plastic wrap. I will also supply some cleaning supplies and paper towels, toilet paper and other such things.
I enjoy this. It is like playing house for beginners. Trying to think of the things they may not think of.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346667 Jul 30th, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I enjoy this. It is like playing house for beginners. Trying to think of the things they may not think of.

Now I don't like to shop but that sounds like fun. It was so hard to think of things when mom's house burned...one thing I know she was happy to get was a wall clock.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346668 Jul 30th, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I will wait on the wall clock for now. Most kids these days use their phones for timekeeping and for alarms. I know Jonni does.Toilet paper, paper towels, mop, dust mop, is on my list.
This house will be filled with 3 young couples and one of the girl's mother owns it. It is fairly new to her and bare. She is starting up a boarding type house so new everything including rules. Jonni has not even seen it yet and is moving in tonight. Her boyfriend took some pictures and sent them. But his photography needs more practice. It has a good bathroom (shared) and a good closet with plenty of storage.
I will see it eventually.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346669 Jul 30th, 2011 at 01:31 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cindy I totally understand your mom's appreciation of a wall clock! When we moved here, I kept glancing at the range to see what time it is as our last range had a clock in it. This one doesn't. So I just had to run out and get a clock so I didn't drive myself batty. lol For a mere $6 I found myself a neat clock made of a wooden Treble Clef painted black w/ a glass plate on top for the clock face. Coolio.

I ended up digging out the spare batteries for my insulin pump which are lithium and the best type for medical devices. THAT got the juice to the glue gun, YAY! Then I glued the flowers I wanted on my hat and on my fan and am all set for church tomorrow, yippee.

Maxi is making OJ and I am planning on a first nap for the day. I've been up since 4 AM.

My sister Nancy and our neice Missy are going to go visit the two children who were placed in a facility recently when their mom passed away. Their mom was Missy's little sister and our neice. The youngest boy is not adjusting at all; the older one is doing much better. I think they will both love seeing Nancy & Missy today. I feel terrible for the boys who understand so little of what has happened and are dismayed by the sweeping changes to their lives... the loss of their mother then the loss of their home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #346670 Jul 30th, 2011 at 01:46 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

My sister Nancy and our neice Missy are going to go visit the two children who were placed in a facility recently when their mom passed away. Their mom was Missy's little sister and our neice. The youngest boy is not adjusting at all; the older one is doing much better. I think they will both love seeing Nancy & Missy today. I feel terrible for the boys who understand so little of what has happened and are dismayed by the sweeping changes to their lives... the loss of their mother then the loss of their home.

That is very sad...we that have lived long enough to raise our kids are so blessed.

Most kids these days use their phones for timekeeping and for alarms. I know Jonni does.

I'm too stupid for that...lol
I tried it and now have an alarm that goes off every Thursday morning at 5am. (Should have gotten Brennan to fix that for me when he was here...)

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346671 Jul 30th, 2011 at 02:51 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning everyone. Merme, thanks for the coffee. Sorry to hear about those poor boys, that is very sad. Tina, I'm actually looking forward to helping the girls with their first place, whenever that happens. Sounds like fun. We have a clock on the stove but use our phones otherwise. We don't actually have any traditional alarm clocks in our house, we all use our phones for that. Funny about your 5am alarm, Cindy. Wish I could fix it for you real quick. Sometimes I forget to turn alarms off and it's not fun to wake unexpectedly like that. I'm going to finish my coffee, eat some breakfast, then start to get ready to run on the trails for a couple hours.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina #346674 Jul 30th, 2011 at 03:28 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I tried using my cell phone as an alarm but it isn't loud enough. I need an alarm that could potentially raise the dead, so I often use the on-line service, Naked Alarm. I set it to the trumpets. Now THAT gets me up, all wide-eyed and surprised.

lol

I am making corn bread to go with the chicken soup I made the other night. The soup is heating and the bread is baking and it will be a good late lunch.

Maxi has sweet plans for tomorrow morning. He is taking his breakfast to the beach and will eat there, sitting on the blanket. Then he will swim for a few hours and probably do some boogie boarding. Sounds heavenly to me!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

chermoni #346675 Jul 30th, 2011 at 03:49 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
Tina, I'm actually looking forward to helping the girls with their first place, whenever that happens. Sounds like fun.

It is a lot of fun and it does not get boring at all. Jonni is kid #4 to move out so I have done this a lot. And she is not really moving out. My house is her home and she will still get her mail here and is registered to vote from here too. And all of that stuff.
I bought her a microwave, vacuum, pots and pans set a couple months ago when I thought she was moving. And the blender she asked for. And I have added to it all since then with spices, salt, pepper, salad dressings and just fun marinades. That move did not happen.
This time as there are so many people trying out something new together, I don't want her to shift everything she owns there in case it doesn't work out. I am providing a lot of food and will toss in some of my older pots and pans for now. And I bought disposable aluminum pans for some of the cooking for a crowd that I am envisioning.
I purchased a lot of fun stuff today. A Swiffer sweeper and wet jet for her new hardwood floors. Lots of cleaning supplies. She will have to make a wish list once she is there. I bought her a couple pads of paper and some pens to do that with. And scissors. It is nearly impossible to live without scissors.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346682 Jul 30th, 2011 at 06:56 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
And the blender she asked for.

That's all I need.... lol shots

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346684 Jul 30th, 2011 at 07:47 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yeah, she wanted the blender for mixed drinks. She will turn 20 this month and is not old enough for alcohol. (Like that stops many. rolz) But she is cool about driving and things so I am not adverse to it in moderation and at home.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346689 Jul 30th, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm ready for bed bec/ we are getting an early start in the morning but I wanted to stop in and let y'all know how the girls made out visiting the little boys.

First, they were relieved to see it is a big house and not a hospital setting. There are two living rooms, a play room and a dining room, the shower room, bathrooms and bedrooms. There is a large security fenced backyard with all manner of playground equipment and the children are allowed outside there as long as it isn't time for school or therapy. After dinner the staff turned the sprinklers on so all the kids could play in them.

The facility itself is a huge campus with several of these homes spread about, a medical building and etc etc. When they arrived they went to the medical building to ask where they boys were eactly, and the staff there knew the boys by name and where they were.

Second, the boys seem to be doing well. Jason, the little one, is actually sleeping in a bed for the first time in his life and eating a variety of foods, also a new experience. The staff told the girls that he is also getting the hang of his toilet training although he is still in pullups. He has lost a little weight but was clean and appropriately dressed. Jeffery, the older boy, has learned the names of all the staff and took the girls around to introduce them. He is learning to put his belongings away and to wash and change himself when he has an accident. They were both glad to see the girls and they had a happy visit for a couple of hours. Jason doesn't really speak (he can, but doesn't) but he laid his head down on the table near my sister Nancy and she rubbed his head for a long time and he seemed relaxed and content.

Lastly they said the staff is wonderful. They speak to the children in soft voices and get down to their height when talking w/ them or giving instructions.

So that's all for tonight. See you tomorrow after church and all.

So it was all very reassuring.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #346690 Jul 30th, 2011 at 02:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have a mostly empty nest now. Ted doesn't count because he is a lifetime companion and so very welcome. I think I will celebrate by going to bed early on a Saturday night. Trying to get back into school mode for Monday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346692 Jul 31st, 2011 at 03:05 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We have had a lovely thunder storm this morning. It is not too weird as we usually do at least once in August. It was a nice rain, heavy but soaking in and not running off. So we are happy.
I woke early feeling hot and nasty. The coming rains explain that now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346695 Jul 31st, 2011 at 07:13 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,

It's been another hot one here today.. Joe has been working outside doing car maintenance - don't know how he can .. must be he was born in Yuma and doesn't feel it like I do.. heat just does me in... Today is catch up day for us- we went up on a day trip to mtns yesterday and had a picnic lunch by a river.. was nice and cool up there... traffic was terrible coming back down though-
I am catching up laundry and stuff today too... he goes back to work tomorrow so need it all done for him .. had a couple weeks off where I could be lazy about it, was nice...
Well off to change a load .. thinking about dinner and think it will be burgers on the grill - to hot to cook inside...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #346696 Jul 31st, 2011 at 08:02 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hey everyone. The day started off cool and drizzly, then turned to rain, and now it's in the mid 60's and cloudy but the rain is gone. This has been a very boring Monday for me (it's my Mondy for work).

Tina #346697 Jul 31st, 2011 at 08:19 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Your picnic does sound relaxing, Nana. I am glad you got the day to take advantage of it.
I am sorry you are bored, Cheryl.
We have had rains off and on all day. It is enough of a novelty here to really enjoy them. Although our roads are a mess because people here do not know how to handle it.
I have Ted all ready for his first day as a high school senior tomorrow (this seems so funny to me) except for the bath. I have been snipping at his hair a little at a time over the last couple of weeks. And I trimmed his nails today. I took our donations of classroom supplies in on Friday. And I have a bag packed full of snacks and juices for his class to take tomorrow. That is already in the van. I also have a big bag of candy, gum and other unhealthy stuff that I give to an aide that coaches a soccer team. Also in the van.
I guess I am ready.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346698 Jul 31st, 2011 at 09:48 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Hi everybody!

Sherri I think it is great that you had the chance to get away for a bit. It sounds wonderful.

We had a terrific day today, really.

Also got much done in the apt, YAY!

Now time to rest.

Cheryl I hope you can find something interesting to do.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #346699 Jul 31st, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Cheryl I hope you can find something interesting to do.

I'm at home cpoking dinner now so I found something interesting to do lol
Chicken cordon blue with asparagus and hashbrowns for them, Spanish rice and black beans for me. Trying out one of the new gluten free zataran flavors.

Tina #346700 Jul 31st, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am a wuss. I have found the Zatarans a little too spicy for me. At least the couple I have tried. I am afraid to try any others. I'd rather put my own stuff together so I can control the flavor.
I have not been in much of a cooking mood lately. And not a lot of an eating mood either. I am happy with a bunch of fruit and some vegetables. Maybe a little pasta or grains in there. Cottage cheese or just cheese and crackers.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346701 Jul 31st, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Glad you found something yuumy and interesting to do, Cheryl!!

Let me know how you like the new Zataran's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #346702 Jul 31st, 2011 at 08:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. First day of school for us. I still have an hour plus to sleep some more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346704 Aug 1st, 2011 at 01:47 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Got up this morning & instead of calling my DD to say have a great & safe Honeymoon, (& get to talk to her once again for until they come home) I took her dogs out (we are keeping them during the Honeymoon) & fixed my breakfast----so when I did call I had just missed her--tears

*Update* 11:27am: I just got a call from Valarie---it was great !!! and she also told me that she got a call for an interview for a teaching job--(next week) so she explained that she would be on her honeymoon but would be glad to do a phone interview

Today will be a lazy day---I am washing clothes from our trip & waiting until it is time to go get dante from the Boarding service---it seems they want to give him a bath this morning & so they asked me to wait until later this afternoon to go and pick him up.

I am so far behind I guess I should just say hello & good mornng to everyone, & wish you all a great day!!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #346711 Aug 1st, 2011 at 02:33 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am very glad to see you back, Carol. Don't overdo the work today. I know you have been working away for weeks for this.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346712 Aug 1st, 2011 at 02:38 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Great news, Carol! Glad you were able to talk to her. Good morning, Tina. Looks like we'll actually have a bit of summer this week.

chermoni #346713 Aug 1st, 2011 at 02:59 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Tina & Cheryl---- shewinks
yes I will take it easy today-- thumbup

Tina I assume that you got Teddy off to school by now--???
Cheryl---summer, ---sadly we have been having that for awhile now--not that I prefer snow & ice mind you, but the high 90's low 100's are a bit much....The kids are all back & settled in by now, right???

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #346717 Aug 1st, 2011 at 04:12 AM
Good morning - I found another lovely surprise in my garden yesterday. I have been so bummed about my bell peppers never producing that I sort of forgot about them as they were overtaken by my tomato plants. Yesterday I was looking for ripe tomatoes and discovered 3 beautiful bell peppers on the plant I gave up on. The hummingbirds keep coming by to say hello, too.

Tina #346718 Aug 1st, 2011 at 06:07 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Bell peppers are lovely. I am glad you are getting pleasant surprises.
Yes, Ted was dropped off at school and I stopped to shop on the way home. Put that away and paid my bills. Then went out to bank and shop again before going to pick him up. Now we are both home and I'm ready for a nap.
Much, much warmer today than most of our summer has been.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346721 Aug 1st, 2011 at 06:46 AM
The garden has been kind of a surprise in itself. I've never grown anything before, so the fact that it's alive and thriving has kind of surprised us. It's been fun watching it grow with my daughter. She goes around to the other gardeners and talks their ears off. Most everyone appreciates her curiosity and friendliness. Tonight I'm making Honey-Lime Wild Salmon. Can't wait. It beats my lunch of Cheddar cheese & Fritos rolz

Hope everyone is having a great day!
~Beth~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image