Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#346846 Aug 6th, 2011 at 01:27 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
This time I made sure it was over 100 posts before beginning a new one.
Good luck, Cheryl. I hope you have a great day out there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #346847 Aug 6th, 2011 at 01:46 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I still haven't read back over the last few days. Been kinda under the weather...
wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina #346848 Aug 6th, 2011 at 02:34 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It has been pretty slow, Cindy. So not much is missed.
I have missed you though.
I have been buying for my daughter's new place in Los Angeles. And having a blast doing that. Most of her roommates are strapped with having to come up with first and last months rent. So lots of food has been going over. And beginner stuff like spices and basics, storage containers, etc.
For her I bought bedding for her new queen sized bed and an over-the-door rack of hooks for hanging her robe and towels. Pillows and mattress pad and underbed storage boxes. So I have that all packed in her car for her trip back tonight with the exception of the frozen food. That is all ready to go into the cooler and she can take off.
She moved out on Saturday and posted in her FB "Screw SB!" (home town). But she was only gone 4 days and has been back 3. neenee And she will be back on the 10th and then 17th through 22nd. She has modeling appointments here and there. Lots of traveling. I can't get rid of her. haha

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346857 Aug 6th, 2011 at 09:49 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good you still get to see her lots and help with her first place, Tina. I survived my half marathon. Barely. That was really, really difficult but I finished. I'm going to be really sore tomorrow but I knew that going in. Here's a link to my pics if anyone is interested. https://picasaweb.google.com/108527332122878489373/GrandRidgeTrailHalf?authkey=Gv1sRgCKvx0e6EscHwggE

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina #346865 Aug 6th, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody! wavy

Cheryl I enjoyed seeing your pictures. It was a beautiful place where you went running. I am very proud of you for finishing, too! Hopefully you won't be too, too sore tomorrow.

We are having a busy weekend. Maxi's little brother stayed over last night and tonight. The boys are having fun and DJ is a sweet child.

This morning, early, we went shopping at Wal-Mart. I owed DJ a "treat" for having hauled so many boxes from the POD upstairs. I gave him a $ limit and he chose a Lego Batman for his PS2. Maxi picked out Call of Duty for himself. So the boys have played, watched movies, hiked some trails, took turns pushing me around town, ate well and generally are having a fine time.

I got some useful things at Wal-Mart... a new iron, a clothes drying rack for now when I can't plug in my dryer, and a small, lightweight vac by Bissell which was only $16 and works great.

So tonight, my nails are polished and my hair is in curlers and we'll be off to bed soon because we have church and the beach tomorrow.

See you all!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina #346866 Aug 6th, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Joe and I had a good day off, we went to the outlet mall in Castle Rock, I got a couple little things at a kitchen store and found a good deal on ..... shall we say undergarments at a Hanes store.. I just love finding stuff cheaper.
We stopped at a Jack in the Box for lunch and I had a chicken fajita in a pita,, was really good... probably way to much salt but I have been good lately so hope it won't make to much diff for me.
Next Sat is the benifit run/walk for Alli, they decided to do a pot luck so I have to find out what to take from Carrie, we have to be there by 10 , so we will be getting an early start.. just hope it's not to hot- I am taking my fold up chair and lots of water .. think I will contribute a couple cases and a cooler full of ice.. besides the food..Alli may not get to go - the blood clot in her neck still hasn't gone away.. but hoping she can at least for a short while...
Well not much else going on here- had a little tstorm earlier and one big crack right above the house- scared me so much I screamed.. scared Joe too.. he came running in to the room .. LOL!
Tina your dd will be back and forth a lot I imagine, kids always need Mom for something or another..... Cheryl your pics are wonderful.. more power to you for running ;hoping you aren't to sore tomorrow..
Merme, sounds like you are having a lot better time being in your new place.. remind me of you walks in the old days ... you may be rolling but bet it's fun just the same.. I have a dryer rack - wooden I use it for stuff still out on my deck.. used to have a clothes line in the basement but have to much stuff down there now to use it.. still use my outside line though.. I bought a dyson a while back I love.. not to heavy and works great- kind of pricy but does what I want it to and easy to use- boys even like to use it...LOL!
Well got to go find something light to eat.. it's early here yet but I may just go to bed .. going to clean house tomorow while I have Joe here to help me move stuff.. want to get my old desk and a set of books over to Carrie's too.. Derek wants the desk and Timothy will get his.. and the books are old reference books they can use for school and stuff.. little by little we are getting rid of stuff- 2 dressers last week a and now a desk.. and another one wants an old bookcase .. my basement is getting cleared out !Yay!
Nite all,,,, Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #346867 Aug 6th, 2011 at 01:52 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina--yes children always come back--but that is a good thing.

Merme---sounds like you have been busy, but it sounds to be a good busy. bow

Cheryl---wow good for you---I know you did far better than I ever would have done--I am proud of you for sure...

Sherri---Congrats on the bargain shopping--and You are sure one busy lady--have a great time with your outing

Cindy---how are you doing my dear ???

G'nite everyone--sweet dreams.....

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #346868 Aug 6th, 2011 at 02:25 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I really do not care if my daughter comes home often. I like her. It will always be her home. I was just having some fun with her. And this is an experiment for her, too. Lot's of sharing with new people.
She is packing up some more of her personal stuff and getting ready to do the drive.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346869 Aug 6th, 2011 at 02:50 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
I really do not care if my daughter comes home often.
I like her. It will always be her home.
I was just having some fun with her. And this is an experiment for her, too. Lot's of sharing with new people.

well of course it will always be her home, and I knew you were having some fun with her---and that i s as it should be-----it is also my opinion that if a parent makes it clear that thier child's home is always ther home, it is easier for the child to attempt leaving---I left 2 or 3 times before I got married & stayed away--
and my kids know if they want to come & stay they need not call & ask permission they can just come--it is what we do as mothers after all--at least I think it is....

My DH does not get it though---when we would go to my mom & dad's house he would sometimes get mad because I would not always knock--well it was my house after all--& besides HE never knocked at his house--- rolz lol

G'nite again... wavy

________

Tina #346874 Aug 7th, 2011 at 01:13 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I have lovely weather and am still not outdoors working in it. Shame on me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346875 Aug 7th, 2011 at 02:02 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning everyone. Glad you enjoyed my pictures. I am sore today but not as bad as I feared. Yay for being in decent shape and for having done at least some trail training ahead of time. Hope your nice weather continues, Tina.

chermoni #346877 Aug 7th, 2011 at 04:19 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
I really do not care if my daughter comes home often.
I like her. It will always be her home.

My little boy still comes home every night... haha

Tina #346878 Aug 7th, 2011 at 04:28 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody!

Well, the boys excursion to the beach got cancelled this morning due to heavy rain. boohoo So they bopped around Portland all morning looking for something to do that was a) affordable and b) open. They ended up fooling around at the mall.

I went to church.

Then we picked up Wendy's for lunch and now I am about to lay down for a nap. The boys went out to the playground -- it has stopped raining but is still quite damp out there.

DJ requested to stay a third night, and both I and his parents agreed, so another night it is.

I had a minor catastrophe w/ my hair today...
Last night I washed and rolled it in the new curlers which are definitely prickly. While I was at it, I conscientiously washed my hair brush. I had a bad night sleep w/ those curlers on board, lemme tell you. So this morning, it took 25 minutes (and not a few tears) to unroll those curlers -- everything was tangled. But the curls turned out well, so I picked up my clean brush and OH MY GOD! Unbeknownst to me, the brush had filled with water when I washed it and when I went to stroke out the curls, about a cup of water dumped out on top of my head! The doo was completely ruined and the styling gel was a sticky mess!!!

So I stuck my head in the sink and washed the mess away, ran the now dry brush through it, stuck on a new decorative headband and called it done.

Maxi was surprised at my flat hair and didn't know quite what to say so he said "Mom, your hair looks interesting!" I explained. "Ohhhhhhh" says he.

Nana, yes, we have fun rolling me about town. Today I went to church (at the big cathedral) with only the walker. I intend to be independent of all assitive devices by the fall. YAY!

Surprisingly though, the pews at the cathedral are lower to the ground than the pews at our old church. I sat down and thought "Oh dear, I may be here until Next Sunday unless they come in to lift me with a crane!" Getting back up was very tricky because of course I can't flex the right ankle nor bend the knee to far so it is tough to get the prostethic leg under far enough to make a good, strong stand. But I managed to struggle upright and went forward to kneel for Communion. So I was very pleased.

And Sherri it is always so good to get rid of things, especially without throwing them away! I am pleased you've been having some success.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #346889 Aug 7th, 2011 at 01:27 PM
Finally a moment of peace. Thank you all who chimed in with well wishes and advice for me on taking care of my daughter with the ear infection and the medicine. The medicine squirter thingy worked like a charm! She also gets a spoonful of chocolate syrup before & after. We had a super busy weekend, and my sis is coming for a couple days this week to visit with her 3 girlies. I spent the morning killing harlequin beetles in my garden. AAARgh! devil

Have a beautiful week everyone!~Beth ~

Tina #346890 Aug 7th, 2011 at 01:50 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad the squirt thing worked. I had forgotten about them. My youngest is 17.
My son is all ready for a new week of school to begin. I have showered. I am pretty much ready for bed. But it is a little too early to expect Teddy to settle in yet.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
cagardengirl #346892 Aug 7th, 2011 at 04:15 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cagardengirl
Finally a moment of peace. Thank you all who chimed in with well wishes and advice for me on taking care of my daughter with the ear infection and the medicine. The medicine squirter thingy worked like a charm!

I am so very glad to hear this worked as well, beth---I had a "medicine squirter" for my girls as well, still have i t as a matter of fact !!!---I too had forgotten---so glad somone had remembered for you!!!

They grow up far too fast !!!

________

JunieGirl #346897 Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning everyone----I probably said this already BUT since I am too lazy to go read back & check, I will say it again...Today I go to my Endocrinoligist so her nurse coordinator can teach me how to give myself the new epi-pen type of shots to treat my osteoporosis---
Bless the speciality drug company that sent me the meds--they came in the nicest insulatoed cooler----Because since they have to be kept refrigerated, I now have something to take the meds with me in-. shots

Then I am having my brother (he is playing my Chauffeur) take us to Red Lobster...It is Crab Fest ya know>> grin...I spent last night finding out the nutritional values of all the crab dishes..(In my world they only sell a limited amount of items at RL--Crab & sometimes shrimp scampi & then occasionally scallops.. lol THis will be great !!!
It'll be lettuce & fruit for a week after though--- lol

Now only if I do not get dizzy from the shot----
\Catch everyone later--- wavy

________

Tina #346898 Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody!

I thought I was having a great morning but then the agency sent a new girl. This one is crazy! I can't wait to get her out of my house, so I am thinking of sending her home early and calling the agency to ask What were you thinking?/Don't you screen these girls?

The boys are still asleep and I will let them keep at it as long as they want. DJ is leaving around the same time I go out to dialysis, so they will have to be up by then, but otherwise there is no point in jumping out of bed.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #346899 Aug 8th, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I over slept in spite of my early night. So the rush is on.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346901 Aug 8th, 2011 at 01:38 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning! Starting my new diet today.

Tina #346903 Aug 8th, 2011 at 03:51 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Tell me about your diet, Cheryl. I love food talk.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346906 Aug 8th, 2011 at 05:44 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I just had a nice long explanation typed out and hit go instead of submit. Dang it! Lol. Tina, I'm doing the Southbeach diet. The first two weeks you limit carbs and fats. It's supposed to help get rid of addictions to sugar and junk food. The second part is weight loss. Adding back in good carbs, but on a limited basis, to help you eat right and gradually lose weight at the same time. The third part of the diet is just to teach you how to eat right to maintain your weight, allowing more foods back in your diet once you hit your goal weight. It worked for me years ago, before I knew about my issues with gluten, and it worked and felt good. It was also by doing this diet that I realized how much better I felt not eating carbs. I thought it was all carbs in general until I read an article on celiac disease and based on my new knowledge of gluten, starting eating potatoes again and realizing it was gluten that's been making me miserable for so many years.

Speaking of which, I came home early from work today because my stomach was having such horrible pain and spasms. I ate some pringles yesterday, along with a bunch of high fat dairy last night, and it really did a number on me. Pringles are not gluten free, checked the ingredients after I started having pain. My anti spasmodic pill really didn't do anything to help so I came home and took a gluten digestive pill and some pepto bismol. I'm starting to feel much better now, thank goodness. I was in so much pain it brought me to tears a couple of times.

Tina #346907 Aug 8th, 2011 at 06:12 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Ouch, I am glad you are better, Cheryl. I have heard of the South Beach.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346913 Aug 8th, 2011 at 07:12 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
OH my glad you feel better Cheryl,I have been trying to get my Carrie to go have tests to see if she has glueten problems too.. she tells me she can't afford it till they can change insurance co's in Jan...
I have been cleaning today- .. got my upstairs done.. kitchen too.. got all 4 boys here and the boy from next door.. Joseph came too to help move the big 8 foot table to the basement.. going to use it for the boys activites and our school stuff.. we did English, handwriting and math today.
We are slowly getting rid of more stuff that we haven't used to yrs.. it will be so much easier to move eventually if we can get it done now... we have two exercise bikes for some reason- no one uses,, going to donate one of them.. that will make about 3 more sq ft of room down there... I just took all the containers of crayons ,markers,glitter, and the big roll of blank newsprint.. got to get the boys work books and pencils too.. will make a nice indoor play place for them.. already have a tv and stereo down there and the old NES Nintendo system..
Well going to start the downstairs now.. Joe went to Carrie's to fix the hole in the kitchen ceiling,, and hang a closet rod in his room , one he has one now is to big so has to sit crooked, can't use half of it.. this way he can hang all his clothes. When he gets that done they are going to game store and trading in games... may get him to take a donation in to goodwill too , maybe...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #346924 Aug 8th, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sorry to hear that, Nana. Having gluten issues is no fun at all. Now that I'm good about not eating it at all, when it does sneak in, other than in trace amounts, it really hurts me. I think my body is trying to tell me that it's healing and to stop giving it what it just healed from.

I had baked cod and green beans for dinner. It was pretty good, I will have the leftovers tomorrow. I made chicken parm for the family.

Tina #346925 Aug 8th, 2011 at 01:04 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I would sure miss my pasta on a gluten free diet. And baked goods. I would have major issues. I seem to have taken most meat out of my diet due to lack of interest mostly. I may tuck a little burger or ham in a couple times a week. I eat pastas, rice and beans most with bunches of fruits and vegetables. And I am losing weight slowly and steadily and feel really good, so I am going to keep on doing what I'm doing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346926 Aug 8th, 2011 at 02:32 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I would sure miss my pasta on a gluten free diet. And baked goods. I would have major issues.

no you would not have to, Tina---there are all kinds of gluten free pastas & about baked goods---there are all types of flours so you can make your own & there are some to buy ready made---Most of the time I cannot tell the difference when my mom brings a dish or dessert by the house that she has made this way.

I seem to have taken most meat out of my diet due to lack of interest mostly. I may tuck a little burger or ham in a couple times a week. I eat pastas, rice and beans most with bunches of fruits and vegetables. And I am losing weight slowly and steadily and feel really good, so I am going to keep on doing what I'm doing.

sounds like you are doing a good job Tina--I need to add some type of weight loss program to my "diet"... rolz

OOPS--I meant to say good night to all of you..... wavy snooz

________

Tina #346927 Aug 8th, 2011 at 08:49 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody! wavy

Cheryl several people in our family went on South Beach 7 years ago. My nephew was getting married and everyone wanted to look great for the wedding. So the bride and groom, the parents, etc., all tried South Beach and did very, very well with it. My sister Ro did a modified version as she wasn't willing to give up peaches in season, but even so, she did great! Everyone was svelte and sleek for the wedding. I'm not allowed to do South Beach, even modified, because of my Type I diabetes. I've heard that Type II's can use it though.

Yesterday after dialysis I fainted in the kitchen. They accidently took too much fluid off and when I got home, I rolled over to the refrigerator to open it and suddenly, the 'fridge looked as though it was falling over on me, the floor tilted at a crazy angle, and I went out! YUCK! Today I will have to replace some of that lost fluid.

Last night I woke up crying. My heart is very troubled these days for my beloved friend is sick. I dreamed I was talking w/ an important religious leader, bawling my eyes out about my friend, and I said "All the real tears are gone now; this is just my soul leaking." It took me a bit to stop sobbing after I woke up, so then I went out to the kitchen, made coffee and said my prayers.

A couple of hours later now, I am better, having had the coffee and the Quiet Time and the house so peaceful around me.

Busy day today, though.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #346928 Aug 8th, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I have some running around to do today. Little errands. I cannot believe the nice weather we have had here this summer. I am often afraid to say much in case I jinx it. And others have not fared so well so it sounds mean, sort of. We could still get plenty of misery though before our fall really comes in late October.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346930 Aug 9th, 2011 at 04:34 AM
Good morning/afternoon all.

Merme, I'm sorry your heart is hurting for your friend. I will pray for peace in yours and healing in hers.

Cheryl, congrats on your marathon. My husband has done a couple so I know the work that goes into training. It's amazing! Good luck with your South Beach.

Tina, I'm with you on the fruits and veggies. I'm working toward being a vegetarian. I do not eat beef or pork and very little of chicken/turkey or fish.

Cindy, I am missing your crazy cat stories and your humor. I hope you are on the mend. Will send prayers anyhow.

My sister will be here later. I can't wait! Have a wonderful day!

Tina #346934 Aug 9th, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thank you for your prayers, Beth. They make all the difference! kissie But I should have clarified... my "beloved friend" is a man. Sam.

Gee where has everyone been today?!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #346935 Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:04 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you have a great visit with your sister, Beth.
I feel like I spent the day shopping because that consumed my morning.
But I also got other things done like some laundry and a lot of watering. Other puttering around the house type things. So it was a good day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme #346936 Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well I have been to ceramics, then to my moms--to teh grocery store---home---went to pick up my new glasses---they are not a welcomed added item because of my cataracs I guess---then hpme to make super then off to my MIL's to work on a bit of her business stuff--only to come home to have to take all 3 dogs out to potty---and now I now have to pack Rods bucket, clean out teh dishwasher, re pack it-- & then maybe, just maybe watch my recorded soap opera from today---

did I mention I have been busy of late ??? zoink

________

cagardengirl #346937 Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:54 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by cagardengirl

Cindy, I am missing your crazy cat stories and your humor. I hope you are on the mend. Will send prayers anyhow.

I welcome all the prayers I can get...thank you.

Today I finally went to sleep in the chair...heard a loud crash in the kitchen...opened my eyes the heard another one...jumped up and ran to the kitchen and that damn cat was picking up the plates in the sink and dropping them into the floor. I guess he thought I had salmon hidden under them? why

...had to clean up 3 broken plates...then I gave him some fresh salmon...

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346938 Aug 9th, 2011 at 03:07 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
He got a reward?
I hope you got back to sleep. You are always in my prayers.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346939 Aug 10th, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
He got a reward?
I hope you got back to sleep. You are always in my prayers.

Yes, Tina took the words right out of my mouth, Cindy----

Good morning everyone---

________

JunieGirl #346940 Aug 10th, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
If he hadn't gotten salmon he would have opened the cabinet doors next and started breaking dishes. This morning when I got up there were tomatoes all over the kitchen floor...most of them squashed from Sparta rolling them off the counter, then playing with them.

Does anyone want a Maine Coon cat?

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346941 Aug 10th, 2011 at 02:39 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I would love a Maine coon cat to fight off the coyotes here. It would strictly be outdoors though.
My daughter brought a cat up the other day. She is fed up with cats. Her dad is showing signs of becoming the crazy cat man in his neighborhood. He actually was the crazy cat man in his last neighborhood. He only managed to move 5 cats with him to their new home, plus my daughter's 2. And then when the druggie neighbors abandoned this one, Pepe, near my son's house he took it in too. In spite of the fact that there were a bunch of neighbors that were willing to keep on feeding him. That gave them 8 in all and 3 dogs.
My ex does not take care of the cats. And my daughter was going nuts so she brought Pepe up here. He is about 13 years old as far as we can figure. He has done pretty well so far. Put my dog in his place right away.
My oldest will be wanting to bring up more soon, I bet.
Today I got Ted to school and stopped to shop. I am still having fun finding things for my daughter's new place. And I have an appointment at noon for Ted's stuff at his school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346945 Aug 10th, 2011 at 05:43 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I would love a Maine coon cat to fight off the coyotes here.

Trust me, he could kick a coyote's @ss...he has taken me down (literally) more than once right onto the floor when I was coming out of the bathroom.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #346948 Aug 10th, 2011 at 07:28 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

Does anyone want a Maine Coon cat?

If I had him here (and I would NOT) he would have to live outdoors--but something tells me he would do quite well---
Cindy, I think you are a Saint for putting up with all of his antics...

I hope you are feeling better these days

________

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,929
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image