Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#347228 Aug 21st, 2011 at 05:45 AM
koolaid Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey im new around these parts. I was on a family vacation and saw a plant that i liked so i took a cutting (having some n00b 8th grade biology knowledge) hoping it would work out. I then had the forture of seeing some information about that very plant in some random store! I talked to the lady there and she told me it was a 'Ghost Plant' and that i should wait till the cutting 'calousses' and then plant it. anyway i figured that was the universes way to hinting at me to get into botany! so i went to the dollar store and picked up a buncha cheep seeds (like 1$ for like 5 different kind of plants). So ill try to start growing all of this. Im mostly here to try and find out about cool house plants to grow, or something i could grow outside in new mexico (dessert i know prolly not much). If any one has any suggestions for plants or for a beginers book in botany/horticulture id like to do some studying!!
thanks grin
KOOLAID

koolaid #347229 Aug 21st, 2011 at 06:26 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, Koolaid. I live in California desert which is a little different from NM desert.
That sounds like a cool plant. I found some more info on it here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,924
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image