Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#349134 Oct 22nd, 2011 at 12:01 PM
kamp0ss Offline OP
OP Offline
So I decided to get my first plant a few months ago, I decided to go with a Peace Lilly. It seemed to be an easy one to take care of, but it has not been such an easy task.

I did some research and read care for it when it started showing symptoms, but am still having trouble..

At first the leaves were getting yellow and I read that that was too much light, so I moved it away from the window. Now the tips get black constantly. If I put too much water or not enough water, every other day it seems to have black tips. I thought this was because of too much chlorine in tap water that it could not get it out of the system, but I don't understand.

I had 3 flowers when I bought it, but I have none now and haven't seen any since... not even a bud.

Can someone tell me how much water to put in? I have been putting a water bottle in, waiting for it to soak up, and repeating until it would leak out the bottom of my pot, then I wait until it starts to droop. I cut the black tips off with scissors. I use plant food once a month. And normally I wipe the leafs off once a week and mist once a week as well.

Here are some of the latest photos I have of the plan. Look forward to your advice.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Hope this link helps....

How To Grow and Care for Peace Lily

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
kamp0ss Offline OP
OP Offline
I looked over that website..

It looks like I may be over fertilizing it, but am not sure what 20-20-20 fertilizer is. I use plant food, and it says sprinkle on soil and water. It also says once a month. I have had the plant for 3 months now and only have done this once, last month. Should it have worn off by now? What should I do to dilute it? Do you think this is why my tips are burning? They were burning prior to adding the plant food as well..

What is a good way to tell if your soil is moist from soggy? I stick my finger in the soil and pull it out and if it has a bit of wet dirt on it I consider it good..

Other than these two things, I am not sure why it is not flowering, and why it may be getting burning tips. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Last edited by kamp0ss; Oct 24th, 2011 at 05:58 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image