It has been sitting behind our building for some time although the wilted leaves finally fell off. I checked the branches and they are still green. Out of frustration I pulled it up and the roots look fine but, not growing
....Very disappointed in this plant. I'll try using a root stimulator hormone on it and replant. If it doesn't do something before the end of summer I'm putting the weed
torch on the job unless you guys have something else.
I found the problem with this plant. I washed off the roots and noticed the original seller had rooted it in what appears to be florist foam and this foam had embedded into the trunk and choked it off. The outer roots look fine but, what was stuck in the florist foam were dead. I'm going to cut most of the branches up and try to root them as it looks like the bark area with the stuck foam is dead almost all the way around.