Picture of plant below.
Does this look like a dumb cane/Dieffenbachia?
How toxic is it? I do share a home with kids and a cat, but the cat seems to be not care much about plants, and the plant is kept in my office well away from any children. (they're not allowed in).
I'm still a bit concerned though, I heard that chewing the leaves or ingesting the sap can cause muteness. (not able to speak properly). I was wondering how bad is this? Is it permanent?
Should I just ditch it? I may do so if the risks are high. It looks lovely but I can't risk it.