Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Heading to Lexington..... wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #362468 Dec 14th, 2012 at 03:43 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Safe travels, Cindy.
I did duck into town to run an errand. But I am in for the day now. It is too darned cold out there and more rain on the way. I will not complain about rain because it is needed. The cold, however, I could do without. I think I will go to Toys r Us tomorrow for ideas for Teddy gifts. I will have a sitter here to watch him for me. He does not need anything. He just needs something to open when everyone else is opening.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
afgreyparrot #362469 Dec 14th, 2012 at 04:54 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all, storming here...a good day to stay indoors.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
afgreyparrot #362472 Dec 14th, 2012 at 07:23 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You keep safe too, Sunny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362489 Dec 14th, 2012 at 08:54 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks Tina.

Snow has stopped and the wind has kicked in...brrrr.

afgreyparrot #362491 Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:28 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts
Good morning! coffee

Bill #362492 Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good morning flwr

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #362494 Dec 15th, 2012 at 12:06 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And good morning. I have one kid left to shop for. My most difficult for gifting because his needs are few. But I want to find something to put a smile on his face.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362496 Dec 15th, 2012 at 03:41 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
Slept in this morning... trying not to catch a cold... going to drink lots of juice today... and do a little around the house.... will be a quiet day I hope...

We are chilly here too,cloudy too so dark for daytime but no snow for us out of the mtns.. they got some so skiiers are really happy... and we need it so we will have water next summer... hoping for a white Christmas but so far doesn't look like it...

I am so sad for the people in Ct that are going thru this tragedy.. kept the tv off yesterday so they wouldn't hear any of it.... especially our Derek,one of his symptoms is being afraid of someone coming into school and hurting him and his brothers,dates back to the shooting at the middle school a couple yrs ago where Timothy will go next year... and to what he has heard about columbine- impossible to keep that away from him.... not here.... Carrie will have the new doc help him with these fears and we will all learn how to help him too. My candle is lit for all the people hurting this and every day..

Well off to find something to do.... have a good day !
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #362498 Dec 15th, 2012 at 04:12 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Had the church potluck yesterday. I hate having to bring home leftovers but I guess my stuff just isn't good enough yet. I'll have to keep working on it.

Took the crystal for Letty too but she wasn't there. Here father-in-law is failing so they are all staying at home to spend his last days with him. It is so hard on them and such a sad time. I keep praying. It seems that life is just hitting everyone hard during these days.

A lady asked if I could help her finish a knitting project. I said yes and I hope I can pull it off. I'm learning that there are all different kinds of knitting techniques and that my lefthanded work normally looks different than right handed work. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #362500 Dec 15th, 2012 at 04:49 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning. I can't stand to be anywhere else on the internet and I really do miss you guys. Sunny, stay safe and warm. Nana, I hope the counselor can help Derek, such a tough situation. Have you ever taken Emergen-C? The hospital recommended that we take it to keep from getting sick while DH was in the ICU. TK, fingers crossed, I bet it turns out great. I'm getting over some sort back issue I was having. Worst pain I've ever had but seem to be okay now. Still feel it a little but it's barely there. Still being gentle with it though. I'm loving my new Kindle that DH bought for me for christmas. He had to come and get me and help me home from work on Thursday and once I was settled in bed he decided to give it to me early. He's had similar muscular back pain and took pity on me.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
afgreyparrot #362501 Dec 15th, 2012 at 05:47 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is a good gift to receive early while you are stuck in bed, Cheryl.
My shopping is done. I have beef dehydrating. I am feeling like a nap now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362518 Dec 16th, 2012 at 05:24 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Today I have more beef dehydrating in my oven. I was so pleased with the way my first effort turned out yesterday. If you look up dehydrated beef for food storage online, it costs a bundle. And usually comes in #10 cans. Too much to use all at once. I can get about 4 pounds of dehydrated in a quart mason jar and seal it with my food saver and an oxygen absorber added. It will last at least a couple of years on a shelf. And I can use some and reseal the jar. It is good for chili, tacos, pasta sauces, sloppy joses, etc.
I have a tiny kitchen and no real room to use standard canning equipment to preserve foods other ways. No prep room. My microwave is out on the deck as is my breadmaker and food saver. My toaster oven is in the dining room. Most of the rest of my appliances are stored in the utility room along with my larger pantry. Some are outside on the covered patio. My kitchen cannot contain it all and I have very limited counter space.
So I am going full bore on getting some emergency food stuffs together. I have always stockpiled food. And it has saved my life a couple of times in my past. But it is very gratifying to do be able to do some of it myself too. If we have another major event that cuts our electricity for a while, I am ready.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #362521 Dec 16th, 2012 at 03:12 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Is dehydrated beef like beef jerky?

Hey...it's after midnight here...officially my dad's birthday! party

//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/12665/BigBadDad.html old

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #362522 Dec 16th, 2012 at 03:51 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Happy Birthday Big Bad Dad!
Yes and no on the dried beef. It really is just dried up beef bits (rocks) that you can rehydrate with water and use like any loose hamburger, so seasoned for hamburger helper type meals or something.
Sweet dreams all. I am headed for my pillows.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362526 Dec 16th, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, Happy Birthday Cindy's dad.

Smart idea on the beef Tina thumbup

Cheryl, back issues are so common in your type of work..rest when you can.

Off to run errands today..not to often that I get the vehicle to myself for the day, so I plan to enjoy it.

afgreyparrot #362529 Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Are you using the Flat Iron Cut of beef? I've heard that is usually used for beef jerky. I've done it in my microwave before and that takes less time. I've also heard that it can be done with a box fan and air filters but I've never tried that. I have a galley kitchen and it just is not big enough for everything I would like to have either. So I understand what you are saying. But then I only get in the cooking mood for a few months every couple of years.

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #362530 Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:36 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Up early and I don't have to be.
No, Tammy. This is just plain old cooked hamburger. Not jerky at all. It is meant to be re-hydrated and used as any hamburger. Not for meatballs and such but it will be good in anything you use loose, browned hamburger for. I am just excited to add it into my food rotation.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362531 Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning ,
I am up and have to be so guess thats a good thing..... am tired... we went out last night for Mexican food and I paid the price last night with heartburn... so didn't sleep very well... did watch a Christmas movie I hadn't seen since I couldn't sleep... then fell asleep before it was over... oh well...
I will have Senika and Derek today... another day of keeping the tv off the news and talk shows for me... good thing we have lots of dvds... and lots of stuff recorded on the dvrs... Derek had fun at his party last night, he had one friend there and the rest was family and he handled it very well... was very suprised at the new to him laptop.. oldest dd had ordered a new one for herself for school and gave him her old one reset to factory settings so he could start new with it... I gave him a wireless mouse for it .. and he had his Dad setting it all up for his school stuff last evening... he was so very happy he even gave his Aunt a hug and he isn't a hugger.. we get leans from him when he sees us usually.. but he actually gave her 2 hugs he was so happy... we got some really good news from his home teacher to last week- his reading levels have increased in just the last couple weeks he has been with her... he is reading faster and smoother now and getting more understanding from it... this is one of his week areas so that is very good news......

Well off to get my coffee and some breakfast- Senika and Derek will be here in an hour and now Joe is out of shower I need to head for it so will be dressed when they get here...

Havea good morning all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #362532 Dec 17th, 2012 at 03:05 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is good news about Derek, Nana. And wonderful about the new laptop for him. And I understand the 'leaning' because Teddy does that also. Very rare to get a hug from him but he does like getting them.
I am just waiting on my older son to come sit with Ted so I can go out to do a little shopping. The TV is really to sad to watch too much of today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362533 Dec 17th, 2012 at 03:20 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Nana, that's wonderful about Derek. Good morning everyone. Back to work today. Hubby bought me a back belt and I'm trying not to push too hard. I could go the rest of my life handling any other type of pain. Forgot to take my aleve though so it'll have to be ibuprofen today. I'm loving new kindle. I've always been happy with my nook but I'll have to admit that I do like the kindle better and it really has the market cornered as far as indie authors go. I've gotten 20 free book promotions from self published authors and they have all been great so far. Anyway, better start doing something so my day goes by faster.

afgreyparrot #362535 Dec 17th, 2012 at 04:31 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi again,
Watching Sesame Street with Senika.. Derek must not have slept much last night.. he fell asleep on the couch watching tv upstairs...
will let him sleep awhile...

It's almost lunch time , making quesadillas for us ... then little miss Senika will take a nap and I may too... she is really watching this Sesame St... really likes it ..

I wrapped all the Christmas presents the other night- took almost 3 hours to get done... now only have a book each to get for boys and will be completly done... that will happen tomorrow... will wrap those right away and be done! I am going to try and get to store without Joe and get him the big George Forman type grill for the house... he doesn't like grilling outside for just the two of us to that will let him do it inside.... seems to go thru the propane really fast to so may even save some money ...LOL!

Well off to clean up the lunch mess... and as soon as this Street is over get her down for the nap... she is watching and eating now...
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #362551 Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Got home not to long ago. Some presents are ready to be wrapped, still need to make another pair of earrings and a couple of eye pillows. Decided to order my step-dad some potato sausage for christmas. That'll be a nice surprise. Still don't know what to get my brother but it will be a gift card of some sort. Work went well, just ordered dinner from the pasta/pizza place we like so just waiting for that to get here. We'll be watching The Voice tonight then I'll be going to bed right after, I have to get to work early tomorrow.

afgreyparrot #362555 Dec 17th, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Chermoni, glad things are going well at your house.

Gift cards are great!!! Giving a few of those myself.

afgreyparrot #362568 Dec 17th, 2012 at 04:05 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
House cleaning day here. I'm tired now. But I feel good about what has gotten done. Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362569 Dec 17th, 2012 at 07:19 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good early morning, snowing here again...does look pretty out there though.

afgreyparrot #362573 Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:50 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. More rain and I am not complaining. We need the water and our mountains need the snow pack. More is predicted for next weekend too. If it continues we will be out of our drought situation. I would love to see that happen across the nation.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #362578 Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well I messed up & took Dante to get his bath & nails done today instead of tomorrow. But she is going to keep him and do him anyway. YAY.
But I get to leave my ceramics party now to pick him up---& I had Rod all poised to do that for me---

but I will go back to my party afterwards--yep I will

everyone have a good day !!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #362582 Dec 18th, 2012 at 01:51 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Have fun at your party, Junie! Tina, I know rain is much appreciated down there. I think we tend to take it for granted. Sunny, you'll be in snow for a while now right? I love your snowy pictures. I'm at an appointment with a resident today. He's having surgery so I get to hang out at the hospital all day. Easy money.

afgreyparrot #362583 Dec 18th, 2012 at 05:22 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'll get snow right into May usually Cheryl...but these December storms seem to have the bigger pretty flakes.

Hoping everyone is having a good day, just mopped myself into a corner for a bit. I unplugged the phone...I am getting tormented to death this week. Time for a coffee and a half hour rest..getting up at 3:30am wasn't the brightest idea.

afgreyparrot #362585 Dec 18th, 2012 at 06:09 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You deserve a rest, Sunny.
I hauled in firewood and have been puttering/cleaning this and that around here. No single thing is done but a lot of little things are cleaner and more organized. I've been messing with my food saver some more. I love that thing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #362587 Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Got my phlebotomy today then to the surgeon to have cancer #2 removed and stitches out from #1.
I have 25% of my kitchen clean, which is good because I never get it over 30% clean at a time, so I am almost done...lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #362592 Dec 18th, 2012 at 01:26 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is great, Cindy. You were on a roll today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362593 Dec 18th, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol Cindy...too funny. Hope you are feeling o.k. kissie

I rested Tina...but back up at 3:30 again this morning.

The snow is non-stop. Showing a break for tomorrow followed by a 4 day storm again. Another mess to plow out there today....I felt so bad for the garbage man this morning.

afgreyparrot #362594 Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:07 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Keep safe, Sunny.
Good morning. I woke too early. I will go back to bed though. It was good to get a chance to build up the fire before my real morning crept in on me. It is very cold out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #362596 Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Tina, I can never fall back asleep after getting up...off to shovel and plow snow.

Sunflowers #362597 Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I used to be like that Sunny--but now I ca n nap in the afternoon when I have gotten up too early...I guess that is my age showing.. lol

Today is my MIL's Drs appointment in Springfield, so Rod has to take us. Then his mom wants to take him shopping. IF we get home in time MY Girls want to take me to a salon to get my hair done---so I am assuming this is more than a wash & a set---I have always wanted my hair streaked (heavy higlights) One can only hope that is what they mean to do--& perhaps a shorter style. prayers

They say there is always tomorrow.

90% of my gifts are wrapped & all they need now is tags & bows.
Once I clean the ho & make 2 batches of cookies I am ready for Christmas thumbup

everyone have a great day... wavy

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #362598 Dec 19th, 2012 at 03:14 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Have fun Carol...buy me some gift tags please. Someone used them for stickers here tapfoot

I'll be waiting for a pic of the new 'do'

afgreyparrot #362599 Dec 19th, 2012 at 03:24 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Man, I have to put tags on as I wrap or I forget what is in there and to whom it belongs. I do need to wrap Ted's gifts up yet. The rest are going into bags.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #362600 Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good grief...I just woke up (in the recliner) and thought there was an elephant on top of me. It was just 29 pounds of cats.
Spartacus Maximus--------> cat
Abacat---------> cat

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image