Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'd love to see one, thanks !
I love three yellow flowering weeds-dandelions, mustard, and sour grass, so buttercups would be right up my alley !

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Yesterday my peonies came in so you know I ran out between the rain drops and got them planted. I'm so happy they are here. Now the only thing left from Brecks to get is the Orange Crown Imperial. The order form said November is that right? That seems kind of late in the year even for zone 7. Or maybe I misread it.

I also planted some more white radishes and some more asters. Hopefully some of these asters will come up.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
Originally Posted by DeborahL
This weekend I bought and planted a Meyer lemon tree in a huge blue ceramic pot,

I plan on growing a Meyers Lemon when I get the greenhouse done, also a Banana and a Key Lime.

[Linked Image]

One OS to rule them, one OS to find them: One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
500 Posts
500 Posts
Well, it's been way too long since I was in here last. Boy, has this place changed!!

My garden has undergone major renovations this year. To keep out those pesky little critters that annihilated my peppers, beans and broccoli last year, we put up a fence. We spent two days tearing my 'new' tiller apart to figure out why it wouldn't stay running (it had been started once in 3 years and was 'new' when we got it) Turns out that gasoline will destroy a foam in-tank gas filter if it doesn't get drained out. We tilled, planted, watered and then collapsed LOL. We planted (now, when I say we, I actually mean I lol) sweet peas and moon flowers to climb the fence, and will have zinnias and marigolds as an inside border. I hope this turns out as cool as I picture it in my mind!

Now, I'm stuck inside...storms rolling through for 3 days now and it's raining buckets out there. Thankfully, no bad storms...just lots of wind and rain and clouds. I miss my sunshine! lol

Anyway...that's what I've done in my garden today...well, sort of...

Glad to be back...

5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Triss
A lot of people consider them a weed. They are a small deeper yellow flower and I think it is just a pretty one. I pulled some out of the lawn last year and put in into the garden, it is huge now and has 4 blooms on it. They should be open tomorrow and I will take a pic of it and show you, ok?

grin i do the same thing!! their conciterd weeds here too but their too pretty!

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
Today I bought and added to my herb garden an Italian oregano-I've been looking for one for awhile.
Pat, you will LOVE a Meyer lemon !

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I raked my whole yard and cleaned up and weeded all the flower beds yesterday.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
You all were really ambitious yesterday. You have me all motivated. I at least want to walk out to the garden and see how it is doing. I'm going to take some bloom booster out to the tomatoes. They just don't look to be doing anything. Not at all like the romas last year.

[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
tamara!! dose that mean your snow has finaly gone!! yea for you!

i got all the p-grass cut and cleaned out, hubby put a pump in my pond! yea!

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Yup, my snow has all melted finally whoohoo.

I just transplanted some lilac suckers and dug out a dead cherry tree. I also shovelled out my bit of cement gravel that was in a pile.

I am so sore, my hands are picky. I am done for the day.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I went back out again lol transplanted baby plants that sprouted up from last years seeds.

I have a baby ornamental crabapple tree growing about 3 feet away from the momma. Gotta find a place to transplant him now.

Also had to stake an apple tree, I hate staking but it was getting out of hand.

500 Posts
500 Posts
3.5 inches of rain fell here over the weekend. Husband is NOT in the field and I am NOT in the garden. Still working around the yard though.

PattyM
500 Posts
500 Posts
WoW thats alot I bet to wet to work outside but ,
we have had alot to

5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
I went back out again lol transplanted baby plants that sprouted up from last years seeds.

I have a baby ornamental crabapple tree growing about 3 feet away from the momma. Gotta find a place to transplant him now.

Also had to stake an apple tree, I hate staking but it was getting out of hand.

lol tamara! you knew you couldnt stay away!

shots yep triss i have the same thing! buttercups! flwr some weeds are just more like flowers, i put them inbetween the iris and daylilies, they realy get tall streching for the sun!

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I'm excited about the freesia bulbs that I planted today. They are mixed colors. I also finally got out there and poured bloom booster on the tomatoes. Then I pruned my little shade loving evergreens. They aren't as small as they once were. Still a miniature though. I noticed that growing up against the third one is a different kind of evergreen. I don't know if its a mutation or just a visitor from a different garden. Wierd huh? I have one balloon flower that has budded and I can't wait for it to bloom. A friend of mine had these last year and I thought they were just great.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Too sore to do anything out there today lol

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I believe it. You did several days worth of work yesterday. I wouldn't have had the energy to get out of bed if I had done what you did.

[Linked Image]
The Jedi
1k Posts
The Jedi
1k Posts
Until today, I hadn't been able to get to the vegetable garden as I had been mowing all week. However, I was able to accumulate enough grass clippings to mulch all the raspberries as well as my gooseberries and currants.

Today, I managed to get a little tilling done. Then I planted my second and last planting of peas (Eclipse) and my second planting of corn (Vision).

Terry

May the force be with you
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
you do successive plantings of corn? How come? I don't know anything about corn as you can tell.

Have you already got your peppers and your tomatoes in?

Today I got out there early and watered well but that's about it.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Today I only moved around some columbines that had self seeded.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well I walked out there and took a look around. We are suppose to have thundershowers today and it's looking pretty grey. some of the new planting of radishes are up and the balloon flowers are almost flowering. The pineapple mint that I transplanted seems to be surviving. I'm sure it will enjoy a good solid rain.

[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
since my daffodils, most of the tulips are done bloomin, ive been diggin some up to move to another bed,
i recleaned out my lil pond, somthing got into it, top tier was knocked down, water plants were every were and the grey coy fish is missing :{
i now have a bord to put over it for nights!
were getting scatterd rains here to tammy. saves me from watering! :}

[Linked Image]
you do successive plantings of corn? How come? I don't know anything about corn as you can tell.

We plant corn at different times so it won't all come in at once. Same way with beans and peas. That way it spreads out over a longer period of time

Sherri
This morning, I walked around the yard, feed the chicks, filled bird feeders and watered a couple of plants. I procrastinated as long as I could until I had just enough time to jump in shower, get ready for work, and get the kids and myself to school. (I do this every morning - procrastinate outside, that is. Hurry up summer!!!)
By the time I get home from school, it will be so hot but I can always find something to do outside.

Sherri
3k Posts
3k Posts
I'm just tidying up the lot, cleaning out my garden patches. Nothing all that exciting really.

It's just nice to be out there, listening to books on my I-Pod while puttering about.

When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
The Jedi
1k Posts
The Jedi
1k Posts
Originally Posted by tkhooper

Have you already got your peppers and your tomatoes in?

Sherri's right, I try to spread it out. Besides I like to try different varieties. I have enough room and time for 6 varieties.

I've had 5 tomato plants out since the last week of March. The other tomatoes and peppers and eggplants are in 4 inch pots on the porch. I'll probably plant them next Monday or Tuesday. I just finished tilling up where they're to go. Now, I'm going back out to take the wall'o'waters off my early 5 tomato plants and put up their stakes/cages. (cages for the determinate ones)

Terry

The Jedi
1k Posts
The Jedi
1k Posts
Okay, the tomatoes are finished. I also planted some squash, pumpkins and melons in cell packs and put them under lights and on a heat mat.

Terry

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
What kinds of squash? I don't really have room. I tried it last year and what a mess that was lol. But I have some sweet potato squash and some other kinds that I would sure like to try. If I just had more room.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
My garden is in, well most of it, did the peas corn potatoes carrots beets and parsnips. Sure feels good to get all that done. It was a beautiful day, nice and warm.....and NO WIND!!!!!

My leaf lettuce is up, radishes and rommaine lettuce too.

And as I'm typing my ever constant robin is calling her mate. I wish I could find her, she wakes me up mornings with her song, and I often hear her during the day. Don't you just love that sound.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
my romaine seedlings are up or at least 5 of them are. But they are so slow growing I don't know when they will be ready to do outside if ever lol.

[Linked Image]
The Jedi
1k Posts
The Jedi
1k Posts
Originally Posted by tkhooper
What kinds of squash?

3 summer squash: Patty Green Tint, Zephyr, and Costata Romanesco--a zucchini type. Also, 1 winter squash called Cha-Cha. I planted cukes yesterday also, I forgot to mention.

Terry

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I put my feeder on a cedar pole and put it in my back flower bed behind a clematis vine. that's all I did today there. Supposed to rain.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
hello: yerterday I added to my pot on the front porch---I added varigated lantana (yellow) and fuschia colored verbena. I also brought my Jerusalem Cherry plant up off of the apron of the garage drive to the front porch (for shade).

Then I fed everything with slow release fertilizer.--My garden lady scolded me for mot working it into the soil before I planted, but I will next year--. Today all I did was weed things----

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
The Jedi
1k Posts
The Jedi
1k Posts
I went for a bike ride on the Parkway today, so I only had an hour to work in the garden. I hoed and weeded and then thinned some carrots.

Terry

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well the funeral took all day yesterday and when I came home I just vegged. Never got near the garden and it didn't rain so I have to get out there and water and I have no energy to speak of. I also need to get out there and figure out where the peppers are going to go. Not to mention the zinnias I want to start and the celosia. Hum I think I need a bigger garden lol.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well I got out and watered. Moved the bricks around to create a raised bed where I'll put in the peppers. Of course first I have to move out the rocks and weeds and then add the compost but I'll get there lol. Right now I'm just going to try and cool down. It's not hot out there but the hot flashes make up for it.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
i'm making up for lost time. I got out there and pulled the weeds and sifted out the roots and added 4 inches of compost. And it has gotten hot out there now lol. After the heqat of the day has passed I'm going to get my six peppers out there. The rest of the peppers I'm taking to church for someone else to plant. I shouldn't need over six plants for just one person. Anyway the space isn't that big lol.

I'm so excited about having compost this year. It is fantastic. Of course I've got to get out there and cut away all the weeds that are trying to take over out there. The weeds and the honeysuckle. It just loves the compost pile.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I've got every flower bed and vegetable weed free. Divided up and moved perennials. Stained my cedar pole for my hanging basket.

Not much I can do yet, we'll get frost for the next while.

Gotta figure out what to do with the rest of my flat stone, thinking maybe of putting it under my bench.

1k Posts
1k Posts
I planted rosemary, golden marjoram (sometimes labeled golden oregano), my new santolina and transplanted my mints.

1k Posts
1k Posts
I picked my beets, pickled, and canned them. I also picked 2 heads of cabbage the size of bowling balls, and made 'kraut out of them. These were some of the sweetest and juicyst cabbages I ever tasted!!! I guess all that rain did them some good.

[Linked Image]

One OS to rule them, one OS to find them: One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,898
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image