Print Thread
Rate Thread
#56939 Jun 2nd, 2007 at 04:36 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
OP Offline
The Bird Man
5k Posts
These photos were posted on birdersworld.com a couple of days ago and is the most ASTOUNDING collection of bird photographs I have EVER seen ANYWHERE......IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! These are public photos and show a bird fallout during the spring Migration on Machias Seal Island, ten miles off the coast of New Brunswick, Canada on the Atlantic Flyway. These birds look for ANY place to rest and land, utterly exhausted, on any and all bits of land along their migration route. They are so tired they are not even scared of people and you can pick them up and pet them like pets. Happily, The VAST majority of these birds are none the worse for wear and recover QUICKLY when they get to their final destination. Most of the birds in these pictures are Warblers, THE one most sought after group of birds worldwide.. There are about 50 different species of Warblers in North America, many of which are shown in at least one picture in this collection. Most of the types of birds shown in this collection I have personally seen at least once in my life, but NEVER so MANY, AT ONE PLACE, AT ONE TIME, in my life!!!

Machias Seal Island Warbler Migration

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
#57400 Jun 3rd, 2007 at 01:53 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
OP Offline
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Yes Warblers and Vireos are the two groups that many birders want to see the most. The blue and yellow ones ARE two types of Warblers. The majority of Warblers have at least SOME yellow on them although not all do.

[Linked Image]

Thornius #57524 Jun 3rd, 2007 at 06:29 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
wow Thorny!! Those are some great pictures!!! thanks so much for posting the site. I really enjoyed looking at them.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
#58478 Jun 5th, 2007 at 07:36 AM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
OP Offline
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Warblers can easily be found in the U.S. Just not in SO many numbers, in one small place, at one time. At the peak of spring Migration, it is not uncommon for me to see one or two individuals of at least 10 or 20 species of Warblers at during an eight hour, three mile long bird hike. But to have them by the hundreds, literally on your front porch is ASTOUNDING! Dauphin Island, Alabama has a Warbler fallout during spring Migration each year. There are large numbers of Warblers seen then, but NOTHING like the numbers shown in this collection of pictures.

[Linked Image]

Thornius #58814 Jun 5th, 2007 at 03:51 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
breakfast

thanks for sharing ........Pretty birds.

I finally saw a Hummer toda, here in Pennsylvania.. First one for me.....They were into my salvia beds.....I put it there for them to do that .
I went out to check the flowers after a much needed rain and it didnt see me standing above it on the porch. I have a Nymph salvia and it is pink and white.. He did visit it, as well as the red ones.....
Supper time, HD seen him into my hanging basket begonia.. Bright orange.

Horray......the visits begin.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,898
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image