Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#8051 Mar 29th, 2007 at 08:36 AM
sus4n Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

this is my first time on and I do not know how to post or anything.

I have a Norfolk Island Pine that I purchased around Christmas. It was doing fine when it suddenly began to droop. Everything I read said it needed plenty of water and misting in winter months. Once I misted it, it seemed to get worse.

My daughter bought me a devise to check moisture level. It reads 10 for very wet. I haven't watered it for 3 weeks and it still reads 10. The device works because i check it with other plants. The leaves on the pine have not turned yellow or brown, they are still green, but very dry. If you touch them they fall off.

Can you help?

Thanks

The Compost Queen
30k Posts
The Compost Queen
30k Posts
Hi and Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
We're veryyyy glad you found us...

Got a quick question for you...

When you got it, was it in a pot/container
that had some kind of colored tinfoil on it???

If it did/does, pull that off..

Either way, it sounds' like too much water..

If it's in a regular pot/container..
Is there good drainage???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it. - Bible - Hebrews 13:2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
MLN Offline
Most plants need less water during the winter since they aren't actively growing. Apparently you have overwatered your Norfolk Pine. Let it dry out a good bit and see if it improves. If it's in a pot with a removable tray, try taking the tray off and sitting the tree in your sink or tub to let it drain real good. Water usually drys from the bottom of the pot last and it's easy to be fooled. The top portion can feel dry while the bottom is still quite moist.

[Linked Image]
Nature Lover

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image