Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#89156 Jul 13th, 2007 at 09:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 334
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 334
I found this plant on a median by my house, I grabbed it thankfully before the mowed the lawn there and it would have been bye bye. Can anyeon tell me what it is?

[Linked Image]


Nuria
cancolgirl #89218 Jul 13th, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,275
Number Seven
1k Posts
Number Seven
1k Posts
Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,275
Silene latifolia or White Campion. It's a wildflower found throughout the US.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silene_latifolia


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
alankhart #89242 Jul 13th, 2007 at 12:08 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 334
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 334
That's the one, thanks Alan. It's so pretty. I'm glad I rescued it.


Nuria

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,541
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1