Print Thread
Rate Thread
#6983 Mar 28th, 2007 at 08:54 AM
Number Seven
1k Posts
OP Offline
Number Seven
1k Posts
Stopped by Lowes this morning. They had some of the new Oranges and Lemons Gaillardia. I wanted to get 2 of them, but all but one was so dry and wilted. Although they would likely bounce back with some water, it's not good for them to be so stressed from lack of water, so I only got the one. Hopefully one of the other Lowes in town will get some and I can get another one.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Alan The fanfare seeds you sent me have done VERY well they are beginning to bud up to bloom!! Thanks soooooo much!!! I'm soo excited!! I've already have put them in ground from the pot I had them in last( I transferred 3 times from seed sprout to now!!) I also have started some Plum gaillardia's seeds between the fan fare and the blanket flower I hope the plum Gaillardia do as well as yours did!!! AWESOME

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Number Seven
1k Posts
OP Offline
Number Seven
1k Posts
Yeah! I'm glad they are growing for you! I started a few from seed, too. I was afraid that I would lose some of the mother plants, but all of them are coming back except one. Plus there are some babies close by to some, and some of my other gaillardias have reseeded as well. I should have plenty to transplant where I want them! I checked one of the other Lowes...they don't have the O&L...guess I'll have to keep checking.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
MLN Offline
Wow, I'm glad you mentioned that Lowes has the Oranges & Lemons. I want some of those and I happen to be going to Lowes tomorrow--will be sure to see if our Lowes has them here.

[Linked Image]
Nature Lover
MLN #7492 Mar 28th, 2007 at 04:43 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I went to Lowes here after Dr/ appt today and No lemon or orange ones here either.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
MLN Offline
Drat! None here either. I'll keep looking.

[Linked Image]
Nature Lover
MLN #9822 Mar 31st, 2007 at 01:31 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I went back to lowes and they were unloading trucks of flowers , I went to the dept head and asked if they were going to get any gaillardia's in She had no idea what I was talking about! :shck: I then said "blanket flowers, you know goblin, fanfare., plum... She said" Noooooooo I'm not sure what it is" :shck: :shck: I couldn't believe it!!! rolz [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Geeezh ~~ Guess I'll stick with Homedepot landscaping store at least they had a big supply of goblin gaillardia but I already have those!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,910
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image