This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#108227 June 4th, 2005 at 07:17 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
G~mom,
"Rain Lillies",
I absolutely LOVE those lillies...
So delicate!!! flw

#108228 June 4th, 2005 at 08:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many species of Rain lilies, also known as Zephyr lilies, which belong the the genus Zephyranthes

#108229 June 5th, 2005 at 04:10 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, a few more...

Alyssum
[Linked Image]

daylily
[Linked Image]

mini red roses
[Linked Image]

mini yellow roses
[Linked Image]

muscari, finally getting a tiny stalk on it..
[Linked Image]

One more post to follow..
Meg

#108230 June 5th, 2005 at 04:13 AM
Meg Offline
Purple clematis
[Linked Image]

White clematis, really taking off!
[Linked Image]

purple & white together-
[Linked Image]

That's it, for now...

Meg

#108231 June 5th, 2005 at 04:43 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, one more.. these aren't "in bloom" but they are growing like .. weeds. laugh But no, seriously, they are my

purple ninebark (diabolo)
[Linked Image]

And my biggest forsythia, and these didn't bloom.. I think they are in too much shade on the back side of the house. *sigh*
[Linked Image]

Meg

#108232 June 5th, 2005 at 12:18 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Wow, you go Meg. Heavens your going to have your entire yard landscaped by this summer lol.

Me i'm still plodding along like the "old grey mare" one square foot at a time lol. Only thing that is blooming here are the snapdragons and they just don't give up. I really like them. And I'm glad they like the clay.

#108233 June 5th, 2005 at 03:26 PM
Meg Offline
TK, alot of these were planted last year, between Mother's Day & Autumn. But the mini roses were new, the wildflower (alyssum) was a can of seeds given to me for my birthday, and the 2 cletmatis & peony of course I got a couple weeks ago, as well as 2 new columbines.

I wish I had more yard.. just so I could plant more stuff! LOL.

Meg

#108234 June 6th, 2005 at 04:39 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Two of the zinnia had buds on them. One a can just barely see the center of. Looks like it is going to be bright red. I can't wait to see it. I've never grown them before so I am looking forward to it.

The moss roses are getting bigger but still no buds. I am impatient to see them flower they are so pretty.

#108235 June 6th, 2005 at 10:01 PM
Meg Offline
Oy, you're not gonna believe this.. but I just bought more plants at Southern States. I got marigolds to put in with my veggies. I read it's good for confusing the bugs..lol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There were 21 plants.. I put them out, while it was thundering away..lol. I finished the last one, stood up, and saw a big flash of lightening! I went in pretty quick then..lol.

Meg

#108236 June 6th, 2005 at 10:39 PM
OP Offline
Meg - your veggies look soooooooo healthy!
Can't wait to see them when they are ready to pick!

#108237 June 7th, 2005 at 08:03 PM
Am I too late to jump in on this thread? We just got back from being away a few days, and was 'Surprised' by these (what I think are) Surprise Lilies! Looks like one of my yuccas sent up a shoot - not sure about the others - these guys need to be thinned out!

(Thumbnails clickable)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mary

#108238 June 7th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Love the lilies but I think I would be putting up a sound barrier between me and that school lol. But then I'm home all day. And have the greyhound busses comming and going from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and school busses, and public transportation lol.

#108239 June 7th, 2005 at 09:02 PM
OP Offline
Mary - it's never too late to post on this thread. I'm hoping it's like the energizer bunny and keeps going and going and going...
Great pictures of really nice lilies too!

I was shocked and thrilled to see that my 2 year old yucca has also sent up a flower spike. I bought it with a cousin up in Connecticut 2 summers ago, and her 2 bloomed for her last summer, while my 1 did not. Here's a picture of mine from earlier today.

[Linked Image]

Almost looks like a pale flamingo got caught in there! laugh

#108240 June 7th, 2005 at 09:55 PM
LOL T, it's actually a reeeeeeally small school district, and probably less than 100 kids go to the school. Besides, they kind of keep me on task -- oh, they're at lunch? Oh, they're going home? Kind of my environmental clock LOL!

Wow Lynne, gorgeous yucca. Mine are ugly LOL! I thought about sending mine far, far away, but then read that they will multiply like crazy, just from even moving them, so fageddaboudit! They'll stay, but I plan on moving the lilies. They're kind of tucked away on the far side of the yard, and I thought they might make a great accent to the wild rose we have growing that's now completely dead (leaves and all! Strange?) but bloom before the lilies send up their stalks. Hmmm. ANYway, I never saw a yucca with leaves like that, gorgeous!

I'll be back, as soon as I get something else blooming!

#108241 June 8th, 2005 at 04:36 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I saw a bud on the moss rose today so you know I'll be out there shortly after sunrise to see if it blooms tomorrow. I am so childish about this garden project. lol. Maybe I've started my second childhood a little early hummmmmmmm?

#108242 June 8th, 2005 at 06:00 AM
I gotta say, I'm right there with ya. Sure is fun, isn't it? smile

#108243 June 8th, 2005 at 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait to see what the yucca looks like in full bloom thumbup I'm still waiting for mine to do something :p

The lillies are lovely,Mary thumbup I hope this thread goes on and on and on! I love to see everybodies "pretties"!

G-Mom grinnnn

#108244 June 8th, 2005 at 02:31 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well the zinnia stem has bent so maybe tomorrow? The moss rose bud is still there and still a bud. I know they aren't suppose to like a lot of fertilizer but it is so tempting when I get impatient lol.

#108245 June 8th, 2005 at 02:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK...just 3 more and I promise I'll stop(well at least for today,LOL)

Aloe blooming for 5th time this year
[Linked Image]

Well-trained hubby laugh
[Linked Image]

Check out this storm cloud from last night
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn

#108246 June 8th, 2005 at 03:07 PM
Wow, G-Mom I love your pics! Don't stop posting them!! Can you tell me (this has been driving me crazy lately) what the flowers are in the 2nd picture, 3 posts up? I think they might be daylilies - but yaknow, i don't know. I see them everywhere here and they're gorgeous (though I haven't seen them in white) but I dont know what they are! Is it just my imagination, or are they growing in a heart shape?

I'm so jealous of your aloe growing outside!!! And your pond!!! and...and...and...LOL!

Mary wink

#108247 June 8th, 2005 at 03:37 PM
OP Offline
I'm so jealous of your aloe growing outside!!!
ME TOO! ME TOO!!!
It looks sooooooo healthy!

Your gardens are so clean and neat G-mom! Bet your house is too - LOL!!! laugh laugh laugh
The more I see the pics of your rain lilies, the more I want some. Did you ever find out the latin name for them?

Please, sir... I'd like some more...
pics that is! laugh

#108248 June 8th, 2005 at 03:44 PM
Meg Offline
G-mom, your photos are just lovely. That aloe looks cool!! I've never seen one flower before. And I thought those other flowers were in a circle, but now that it was mentioned, I went back & looked again, and yea, they do look like they are in a heart shape! You are so imaginitive!! I love all your photos.. and the storm cloud looks awesome!

Meg

#108249 June 8th, 2005 at 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep...it's a heart shape. I had a gazillion mini bulbs and tossed them all together in a heart shaped hole. Turns out there are 3 different types of bulbs.

Your gardens are so clean and neat G-mom! Bet your house is too - LOL!!!
[Linked Image]

the latin name for them?
Zephyranthus

I love out-of-the-ordinary stuff...I have Willys peeking out of hanging plants,a ceramic pig laying on the edge of my green bean bed(smiling of course),froggies and turtles hiding in different beds and I just put a mirror(one of those that you put on a bedroom door)on the lattice in one corner of my yard,it reflects back the pond and all of the plants and makes it look like a private path to another garden thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#108250 June 8th, 2005 at 04:25 PM
OP Offline
Very cute graphic, G-mom!

Thanks for the latin name - yet another plant I'm going to have to find!

How about it you take some pictures of your fun garden items and we call that thread "garden accessories"?!?

This way we can have those posts all in one place, instead of everyone starting their own, when they want to share pictures of their finds.

#108251 June 8th, 2005 at 08:10 PM
OP Offline
A few flowers from my gardens today in the blasting hot sun! It's hard to take good pictures in the heat and humidity with this cheapo camera, but these were the best I could do.

honeysuckle - lonicera heckrotti goldflame
growing up the support beam of our deck
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

some verbena that needs to fill out some
[Linked Image]

some gazania that also needs to fill out some, but looks mighty nice by the bathtub pond
[Linked Image]

grinnnn

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard