This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#110773 November 18th, 2005 at 11:12 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Does anyone have the "TeleZapper"? Duh

It's supposed to erase your number from computer dialed telemarketers.

I bought one yesterday. laugh

#110774 November 18th, 2005 at 11:24 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Does anyone have the "TeleZapper"?
OMG...there's one I haven't heard of!!! shk

#110775 November 18th, 2005 at 12:01 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
[Linked Image]

...says on the box that when you answer it "emits a special tone that fools the computer into thinking your number is disconnected. Instead of connecting you to a salesperson, the computer drops the call and stores your number as disconnected in it's database".

Duh

#110776 November 18th, 2005 at 11:09 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
So do you have it hooked up yet Cinday Maybeline?
I want to know if it works!

Weez...I just looked at the link that you put on here for the meatball magic thing...that is the same one I have...but I only paid $2.00 for mine!!! If you watch closely, when this stuff comes out at Wal~Mart it is usually a tad cheaper...BUT...they usually always put it on sale or clearance after the holidays. They had marked the meatball magic down to $2.00...and I snagged it! thumbup

#110777 November 18th, 2005 at 11:12 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Oh, I know.. my mom has gotten lots' from
like Ames when that was still around and K~mart..

I still haven't posted my list..
*I'm really slackin'.. too much to do..*

Here's my list....

Salad spinner w/ chopper... 12 thumbs up if I had that many. I bought the hand held chopper cause my son would freak out when he was a baby to the mini Black~n~Decker one I had, when I would start it up... but I ended up liking the spinner wayy more.. it's great for the home gardener who grows leaf lettuce....

Meatball maker....Love it, cuts down on the meat touching time..
(*I really dislike touching raw meat*)

Shark pro mini vacuum cleaner... the boys love to vacuum, wish I had two.

My father~in~law got me one of those air suckin' machines.. I really like them, a plus is the bags are reuseable... put in dishwasher.. but are somewhat expensive.. but I do use it..
Love it for the widemouth jars... cool thumbup

I really like the Nick Chavez colored shampoo,
it's lot's of fun and no permenate hair coloring to do.. pick a shade and have fun, wash out later.

I have things that go over the top of any vase
and they make like a "frog" out of the top of the vase.

I can't remember some of the names of these things.

#110778 November 22nd, 2005 at 08:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OOOOOO, I just remembered THE best thing I ever got from TV other than the tupperware spinner because it's great......quite a few years ago I got those battery operated scissor things....where you just push the button and it cuts....

thumbup The BEST thing ever when it comes to wrapping presents, it slices through that paper like butta.... thumbup No more slow cutting for me, I'd panic if I were to lose those babies....

#110779 November 22nd, 2005 at 10:25 AM
I need to shop off the TV more often!!! The only thing I can think of that we have are the touch lights. I love them for when the power goes out since they are battery operated. Only problem is the kids love them too and wear out the batteries and they each use 4 AA. Now I keep them away from the kiddos!

#110780 November 22nd, 2005 at 10:35 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
I have a bunch of touch lites..
I love them for the kids.. and power outages..
I just used a couple of them Sunday night..
Son wanted to go into his tree house with a friend, and ther'es no electricity in there,
so I sent the 3 of them out with their own light.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the battery operated candles
that would go into the windows for Christmas like..
Kids can take it around the house with out bruning themselves..

#110781 November 22nd, 2005 at 10:40 AM
I rememeber thos from when I was a kid. I would love to find some of those.

#110782 November 22nd, 2005 at 10:49 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
I found mine at AMES before they closed up..

But I did see something like that on either QVC or HSN, but can't remember, they were pricey though.
But which is more expensive I suppose, a couple extra bucks for a battery operated one's or
a house fire with real candles, or an electrical
problem???? *and those don't run when the electricity is off anyways..**

#110783 November 22nd, 2005 at 11:02 AM
VERY true! That is part of why I got the touch lights, so the kids could ahve lights and not candles when the power went out.

#110784 November 22nd, 2005 at 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about you guys, but you can get the battery operated kind really cheap around here at walmart, I think even at the dollar store....I use the electric kind in my windows just because batteries go dead so fast, but it's a great idea for when the power goes out....

#110785 November 22nd, 2005 at 12:58 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
The original things we were talkin' about
for the AS SEEN ON TV were those tap lights..
When they first came out..
I love 'em...
great for kids at night time to go to potty, keepin' in closets, hallways, and then they are there for the power outages'...

#110786 November 23rd, 2005 at 11:50 AM
Weezie.., I was up all night about a year ago with leg cramps so about 4A.M. decided to turn on the tv BIG MISTAKE Only thing that was on was info-mercials :rolleyes: being frustrated with lack of sleep and tired of getting up and down decided to watch one in it's entirety.. another BIG MISTAKE :rolleyes: This tired,frustrated, legcramping ol fool got sucked in By SMARTWARE BAKEWARE... www.buysmartware.com Yeah well as far as I'm concerned Smartware is a DUMB buy,, I hate it! You have to use a cookie sheet to put it on, so what ever you bake turned darkest at point of this wonderous flexable bakeware touching the baking sheet,, my lemonpound cake after turning out on cake tray had almost charred mound from using the flexible bunt cake pan, the Muffins bottoms were tough, and the meatloaf bottom was almost like beef jerky :p One and ONLY time I ever bought anything from the television. I sent it to my daughter in KS for her to try maybe having a gas oven would make a difference Duh Well two weeks later she called me and told me her daughter had a message for me"THANKS Grams for the play bake set" p the only thing good out of it was the oven mat you sit on the floor of the oven to catch dripping to save on oven cleaning!! AND Yes!! I DID keep that!! So Never ever again frown next time I'll just soak in a hot bath for the leg cramps!!, So I won't have to be billed for a "Pain in the Neck" lala Smartware Bakeware shopper BEWARE!! crit

#110787 November 24th, 2005 at 04:58 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I never have any luck with stuff from tv. But then I don't have much luck with any shopping lol.

#110788 November 25th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
I've had reasonably good luck with most..

The only one that I was dissappointed with
is the new one's that have that half laddle
and the other half strainer on the laddle...

The stem of the handle was awefully flimsy
for the size of the laddle at the end, and
when you dragged the laddle thru the soup~sauce~etc.. it dragged and bent down, especially from the heat of the item you were laddling.. NOT GOOD...if they would just strengthen the handle it would be an awesome product!!!!

#110789 November 25th, 2005 at 08:46 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Angelblossom,
I have a set of similar pans, for muffins
and cupcakes...
I like mine.. but mine was from Wilton..
I've never had a problem with them, clean~up
or other..
Only thing is, the balancing to get them to the
oven, but can be put on a cookie sheet to steady it...

Could be the maker/brand??? Not sure???

#110790 November 28th, 2005 at 12:52 AM
I have a set of similar pans, for muffins
and cupcakes...
I like mine.. but mine was from Wilton..
Weezie,
Do you use these pans more often than the regular ones we all use? See, we draw names at Christmas and I have my moms name this year and she mentioned she'd really like a rubber meatloaf pan among other rubber dishes. I'd hate to get her something that was garbage. We're they expensive? Do you recommend them? Thanx!!!!!
Christina

#110791 November 28th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
maybe having a gas oven would make a difference
Well...I have had really good luck with the flexable bakeware! You can get them at Wal~Mart now..pretty inexpensive. I haven't noticed the bottoms over browning or anything.....but Ihave a gas oven so maybe that makes a difference. I don't have the mat that sits in the bottom of the oven to catch spills..but I need it bad, I am a REAL messy cook!!!

Christina...I just unpacked the box that has the gifts in a jar recipes so will be sending them to you in a bit! thumbup

~V~

#110792 November 28th, 2005 at 03:58 AM
Vanessa,
Are your flexible bakeware the ones from the infomercial? If not, what kind do you have? Thanx!
Christina

#110793 November 28th, 2005 at 04:41 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Are your flexible bakeware the ones from the infomercial?
No, I got mine at Wal~Mart...Hhmmm..I don't know that I noticed a brand on the box! They are the blue ones... Duh I noticed that they have some red ones also...don't know if that is a different brand or what. All I know is that the fancy bunt pans (like the castle or the sunflower shapes) cost about $27.00....you can get the flexable ones for $7.00...that worked for me!!! And...seeing how I have no room in the tin can...I can cram them in any little space! thumbup

~V~

#110794 November 28th, 2005 at 11:12 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
I got mine at Wilton...
My sister was selling that stuff a few years
back and I had a party for her, you know how that goes... so my mom ordered the muffin pans for me..
and I have seen them on the QVC and HSN channels..
they look the same to me.. some good bargains..

but I liked mine, they come out good and no
extra effort...

and I have a gas oven too!!!

#110795 November 28th, 2005 at 11:19 AM
Christina, Bed Bath and Beyond has them too...they may be the Wilton brand. I have heard wonderful things about those! Last year I got a set of Calphalone brand cookie sheets. They are heavy, but I absolutely LOVE them. That is the brand of pans that we use also...Stephen loves those! Not from an informercial, but something that we've found and can't live without!

#110796 November 28th, 2005 at 11:57 AM
Weezie Must be the brand Cuz my flexible bakewear I didn't like. I called customer service and they said my baking sheet was the problem so I used a better quality of metal alloy baking sheet same thing happened SOOO?!!!
4Ruddy Bed,Bath and Beyond and Linen and Things have the oven mats I think around 20 - 25 $

Maybe I'll check out wilton brand or not Duh
I'm not one to be twice bitten Glad yours worked out tho clp

#110797 November 28th, 2005 at 12:26 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I am with TK....I don't buy off tv. Most my shopping is for what I have to have. I don't buy silicone baking dishes, jewelery, ginsu knives or anything. My aunt got me an ultimate chopper tho. I like that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard