This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#111364 October 31st, 2005 at 11:21 PM
Hi Vanessa,
Hope the antibiotics have kicked in and he is feeling and breathing better- and you are able to rest too.... still praying for you and Peanut-
Nana

#111365 November 1st, 2005 at 12:46 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I even woke up once thinking it was ringing, but I was just dreaming it.
Cindy Vampiretta, I hesitated about calling you last night...I always fear the Halloween monster will answer! laugh But i have given him that hug for you...about 15 times!
He gets so frightened when we have to go to the hospital...he latches on to me and I swear you can't tell where he ends and I begin! He had a death grip on Mr. Froggy an one of his flowers that Aunt Cindy sent him...the nurses were cracking up at his flower...they wanted to know where we got it...I had to tell them it was our Kentucky wonder flower! thumbup
I do have to tell you that Peanut made a pretty big statement to the Doc last night...he threw up all over him, his stethescope AND his chart! I thought he was going to get a standing ovation from the nurses for that one...
He is feeling some better this morning. I am extremely sore from having him attached to me for so long last night. He is getting so tall he wraps those little legs around me 2 or 3 times and hangs on! laugh

#111366 November 1st, 2005 at 01:00 AM
W
W
Oh, so glad peanut is going to better soon. I was kinda worried so kept coming back online when I got the chance to se how things are going. Hope Peanut gets to buzz around in his costume tonight. Give him a hug and kiss for us.
Nancy

#111367 November 1st, 2005 at 01:10 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
So glad to hear you're home safe. grinnnn

#111368 November 1st, 2005 at 02:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup so glad he is getting better. and hope you get better from the soreness soon.

#111369 November 1st, 2005 at 04:30 AM
Vanessa - thanks for letting us know how Peanut is doing -
poor baby with pneumonia! kissies

Thank goodness he has you for a mom, and you knew just when the time was right to take him to the dr. kissies

A special Halloween hug for Peanut...and one for you too!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#111370 November 2nd, 2005 at 01:25 AM
How is Peanut today, Vanessa? Is he any better? I hope you have been able to get some rest through all this...

Dianna

#111371 November 2nd, 2005 at 03:19 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Peanut is some better today...still a bit cranky...but better. His schedule is way out of whack so we will have to work on that! But, I am thankful we see improvement.
I was tickled that the kids were so thoughtful and brought him that balloon...you know the one that was as big as the house! Well...I was until I ended up having to SLEEP with the darn thing last night! :rolleyes: But we made it!

#111372 November 2nd, 2005 at 03:35 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
So glad Peanut is doing better. kissies
It stresses me so bad when kids are sick. frown
I hate to see them suffer.

I ended up having to SLEEP with the darn thing last night!
I've ended up having to sleep with worse things. lala

#111373 November 2nd, 2005 at 04:09 AM
I've ended up having to sleep with worse things.
laugh laugh laugh

I can relate to that!

#111374 November 2nd, 2005 at 04:15 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I've ended up having to sleep with worse things.
I should just be thankful I get to sleep with ANYTHING!!!!!

#111375 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:52 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Peanut has had a REALLY bad evening ...he has screamed non stop for hours on end...
We have an appt at Children's Hospital for Monday Nov 7 @ 8:00am...it will be an 8 hour exam to try to see what they can do to help him at this point. They will give him a formal diagnoses at that time. I have really been holding off...not doing anything as far as meds etc...until we could go to this appointment. They are the experts with autistic children. He is going to have to have some help with sleeping. Right now he wakes up with night terrors sometimes 8 to 9 times a night...and then he is exhausted. Bless his little punkin head...he has just been through so much and I just want him to be able to rest...and have some quality of life that is enjoyable and not be so frustrated all of the time. It is already difficult enough that he cannot talk and let us know his wants/needs. That is VERY frustrating to him....and us. The school has been WONDERFUL but he is still in the 30 day evaluaton period there, so is not actually receiving therapy yet. I think he nay need some medication to help him get through the hump.
So...I know I rely heavily on my forum family here...but I really need you to keep saying a few prayer for my little Peanut...that he WILL get some much needed help Monday!

#111376 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:56 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sending LOT'S and LOT'S of prayers for Peanut!!! kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
And you grab some of those too, Vanessa!!!!
(can't put any more on or it'll explode..)

TRUST IN ME....

#111377 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:59 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You got it, Vanessa! kissies
Your family is in my prayers every night.

I know that moving was for Peanut's benefit, but I am sure it really has stressed the little guy out more than we know...so much change, so fast.

I'll be praying...

Cindy

#111378 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:05 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
(can't put any more on or it'll explode..)
It's POP goes the Weezil time!!!!!!!

Ya know...I think it is that ...but I think tonight was (and this may sound crazy) his time of letting it "go" from the hospital visit. It is VERY traumatic for him to go to the hospital or the Doctor...he will always have in his little mind the pain he has been through while being there...and he just doesn't understand it. I HATE to have to take him because it scares him so. And every time he goes...there is an IV involved...X~Rays where they put him in that hard plastic papoose thing...it is all so painful. he couldn't possibly understand that it is to help him.

#111379 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:05 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!

#111380 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:07 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Weezie...you always post the best stuff! kissies
That was awesome...

Cindy

#111381 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:11 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
my favorite...sniff sniff....

#111382 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:17 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...he will always have in his little mind the pain he has been through while being there...and he just doesn't understand it. I HATE to have to take him because it scares him so. And every time he goes...there is an IV involved...X~Rays where they put him in that hard plastic papoose thing...it is all so painful. he couldn't possibly understand that it is to help him.
Been there done that with Brennan...more than I care to think about.
You just wish you could be in their place for them, but you can't. ters
It hurts so much to see them go through this...them being so scared and not understanding why you are standing there letting it happen. Like you said, "he couldn't possibly understand that it is to help him".

I just can't handle it when children are scared and suffering.
It tears my heart out. ters

Give Peanut a kiss from me...I just love that little guy so much.

Cindy

#111383 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:21 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I hear you on that one...
Like taking a new born baby for it's shots...

It's like leading the lamb to the sl@ughter!!!

I KNOW your pain well...

#111384 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:23 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It's like leading the lamb to the sl@ughter!!!
Yep...that says it all right there.

#111385 November 3rd, 2005 at 03:11 PM
Hi Vanessa! More good wishes here for next Monday. But is he at least doing better from the pneumonia now? It's so hard when your kids are sick and miserable, and you're exhaused and miserable for them! ESPECIALLY when they have a really high fever, because that is so scary, even if the hospital people tell you that the fever doesn't really do any harm.

#111386 November 3rd, 2005 at 07:05 PM
Thinking and praying for you and yours , Vanessa.
Duh

#111387 November 3rd, 2005 at 07:51 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Yeah and that's a tough one Mel. The gluton free and the limits on caiain(?)milk products are the 2 that they say these autistic kiddos respond to in a lot of cases. The big problems are...they hey a big "texture" problem. Where as Peanut use to eat anything you put in front of him...now he is so texture sensitive, he eats very limited thing. Mashed potatos, which he would eat by the bucket fulls...now make him gag. And, to limit his milk...well...then you are completely on juice in which he doesn't need that much fructose or sugar added...Ii have been trying to get him to drink a little tea...it aint gonna happen.
I look back sometimes and know you all must get really tired of my pleas where Peanut is concerned. But, it is just a very frustrating journey that we are on here with him. Frustrating to us...but 10 times more to him. It is all trial & error...and trust me, there is much more error than trial going on most days.

#111388 November 3rd, 2005 at 08:02 PM
I look back sometimes and know you all must get really tired of my pleas where Peanut is concerned. But, it is just a very frustrating journey that we are on here with him.
Oh, don't you ever think that, we DO NOT ever get tired of the journey with Peanut! The key word here is WE because we are all in this with you and wish we lived closer so we could help out more! kissies

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard