This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#113477 December 13th, 2005 at 12:17 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Because I've been doing so much daydreaming on the topic of my bedding in recent months, now I am all NOSY about something...

Anybody care to share what their favorite color combinations are for a bed, whether or not it is what you currently have?

What does your "dream bed" look like?

Merme

#113478 December 13th, 2005 at 12:49 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What does your "dream bed" look like?
It's got a hunk in it that's about 6'3" and he's kinda dirty blonde and he looks about
21 and he's cuter than all get out....
and that Duh errrrrr, lala Ummmmm,
I got a little confused there...
That's my husband in there... shocked wink laugh

What was the question??? shocked

#113479 December 13th, 2005 at 12:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really love sage green and cream...that's what I have now and that's my favorite. I fold the top part of my down blanket that's trimmed in satin over top of my down comforter that's in cream.

BUT, a few years ago I found a comforter set that I just had to have, it spoke to me and I would've done anything to get it.....It's a velvet burnout comforter in dark browns and black trim....It's beautiful. I usually put it on in the winter.

I would love to have a light oak bed....Our bed now doesn't have a headboard or footboard...And I'm okay not having a footboard because I'm so tall that usually they get in the way.....But a nice headboard would be good. thumbup

I'm really funny about bedding...I never used to care but as I've gotten older I'm pickier and pickier about it. And I like a lot of pillows on top of the bed!! Mark hates it because everynight we have to pull them all off, but I think it looks so nice....

#113480 December 13th, 2005 at 01:07 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
loz, the sage and cream combination sounds lovely.

What do you put on for sheets when you use the winter one in browns with black? Does it darken your entire room at all? And what kind of pillow treatments do you like on your mountain of pillows?

Merme

#113481 December 13th, 2005 at 01:09 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I sleep in my dream bed right now. It is a big (queen size) brass bed with soft sage green sheets (If I am not using the fleece or flannel sheets, I have 400 tc sheets...really soft and for some reason all sage green) I have a down comforter on now and my coverlet is a gorgeous green, rust, beige and coral log cabin quilt. My girls always love hanging out on mom's bed because it looks so plush. I have a ton of pillows on my bed too Loz and Chris doens't like it any better than your Mark! grinnnn

#113482 December 13th, 2005 at 01:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well...In the winter when I have the velvet burnout comforter on I usually use black sheets, sometimes hunter green if the black ones are being washed.....I put the velvet bedskirt on too....it doesn't darken the room too much I don't think, because the rest of the room is so light.....our furniture and walls are light in color so that helps. thumbup

My pillows are a moutain of sage/cream but I don't have them on right now because I'm washing the pillowcases......I change and wash my bedding more than some people change their undies... laugh

I'll take a pic of the burnout comforter and post it here......let me go grab the camera. BRB.

#113483 December 13th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Fernie ~ I just bet that IS a dream bed...

queen size brass, you must have a large room?

The whole thing sounds entirely beautiful.

Merme

#113484 December 13th, 2005 at 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, here's my burnout comforter....I just love it....

[Linked Image]

And here's the normal winter bedding...I have green flannel sheets, electric blanket, green down blanket, and cream down comforter...oh yeh, and all of this is piled ontop of my featherbed.... thumbup The case on that green bodypillow is not really that dark of a color either, plus it looks sort of funny--it's sueded though where it's been touched has brushed it a darker color....and just imagine a mountain of pillows in front...good for reading...I watch a lot of TV in bed, and that's where I play my playstation.

[Linked Image]

#113485 December 13th, 2005 at 01:50 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Yes my bedroom is rather large and I tend to make it into a sanctuary for me and my hubby. He spends more time in there than I do (because he can lay in bed and watch tv) but I have it looking more how I like it....all the pillows mostly. I have ivory eyelet shams that match the ivory eyelet bed skirt and 2 shams that match the log cabin quilt and 2 pillows that my m-i-l knitted. One used to be my son Branden's and the other she made for me. My granddaughter is taking after her mom, she loves granny's bed.

#113486 December 13th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
girls always love hanging out on mom's bed because it looks so plush
The plusher the better....more feathery=softer and warmer..... thumbup

Oh BTW, mines a split queen bed... grinnnn

#113487 December 13th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
loz ~ did you ever notice that the darker, brown/black comfortor has the exact same upper tones as the beige one? And, it doesn't impact the wall color any differenly?

Because you posted the pictures one under the other, it is easier to make the comparison than if we were standing in the room just watching you change between the two. If you hadn't already noticed that similarity, scroll back and forth between the two photos to see what I mean...

And oh man, that does look so comfy and pretty!

Fernie ~ I like the fact that you make your room a real sanctuary... that's my ethic for my bedroom as well, although perhaps I do it in a more extreme degree than most people would.

I love eyelet just about anyplace one might be inspired to put it!

Merme

#113488 December 14th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I didn't notice that before Merme...

Can anyone guess which side of the bed is mine????? laugh wink laugh

*Note, I hate the wood paneling...BUT I hate drywall dust even more* :p

#113489 December 14th, 2005 at 01:19 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
loz, I can't see the details of what is on the nightstand with the lamp, but is that your side of the bed? Where everything is within handy reach?

Merme

#113490 December 14th, 2005 at 01:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh Yep, there are books crammed into the stand....remote control(of course I have it laugh )...chapstick, water, control for my side of the electric blanket.......

The books are the dead giveaway though, thankfully you guys can't see the floor next to my bed...there's about 20 magazines and about 15 more books down there.... laugh

#113491 December 14th, 2005 at 01:46 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Loz, I put a cloth over my nightstand to hide all the books. It looks nice all the time but if anyone lifts that cloth....whoooboy it is a mess under there.

#113492 December 14th, 2005 at 02:20 AM
Tons and tons of big fluffy pillows and blankets.

Come to think of it Weezies idea sound great too

#113493 December 14th, 2005 at 02:21 AM
Loz, that burnout comforter is gorgeous.

As for me, I do not have my dream bed now, the mattress yes, but not the bed. My mattress is a queen and the softest they make. I'd love a king, but right now the room is too small for that.

I want a pine and wrought iron bed with thick posts and very intricate ironwork at the head and foot boards. I want it to be kind of a 4 poster bed but with panels of a sort on the corners with the ironwork going up tot he top and across to create a type of canopy. I would then hang fall colored sheer fabric from the top and down the sides to creat a self contained space.

Oh I can so see it, but have yet to actually find the right bed.

#113494 December 14th, 2005 at 02:29 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh Triss ~ your dream bed sounds loverly!

Phoenix ~ *insert chuckling finger waving graemlin here*

Merme

#113495 December 14th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
Phoenix ~ *insert chuckling finger waving graemlin here
wink laugh

#113496 December 14th, 2005 at 02:31 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok so Phoenix, I get the idea of the lots 'n lots of pillows and fluffy blankies... but what COLORS and fabrics do you dream of?

Merme

#113497 December 14th, 2005 at 02:35 AM
Well right now I have flannel,but I prefer egyptian cotton over anything. (highest thread count possible ofcourse)
For colors,right now we have a pretty floral and cream and beige striped sheets with a off white/cream king size comforter (which is way too big for a full size bed!!!)

My drem colors though are purple,sage and maroon. (with a hint of cream)

#113498 December 14th, 2005 at 02:35 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Phoenix, I can see you in a sultan type bed, with tons of satin pillows, draperies and jewel-like colors (emerald green, sapphire blue, ruby red, golden topaz). I wonder why that hit me so fast??? Duh

#113499 December 14th, 2005 at 02:36 AM
You must be able to sense that in a past life I was egyptian royalty wink laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#113500 December 14th, 2005 at 02:38 AM
(emerald green, sapphire blue, ruby red, golden topaz).
I know what I'm asking santa for x-mas this year now... Thanks Fernie kissies

#113501 December 14th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
laugh laugh laugh

You're more than welcome Phoenix!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard