This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#116448 September 20th, 2005 at 09:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lynne, you can always call me, day or night, if you need support. doesn't seem to matther how much we know our family loves us, sometimes they just don't get it.

and i'm glad you are telling your daughter. she can be a big help to you if she knows what is going on.

and, of course, i am praying and thinking about you!

#116449 September 21st, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Lynne,

I am so sorry to read that the Dr is thinking things aren't quite right. I am glad you found one willing to take the time to talk with you and listen to you and I hope you continue to get that kind of treatment when you go through the biopsy and anything else. Know you are in our prayers. I am glad to hear you will be telling Amy what is going on. Hearing it from you will be the best thing for her. If there is anything you need from us, please let us know.

#116450 September 21st, 2005 at 05:32 AM
OP Offline
'Evening everyone...

So, I got a big ol' pizza at Costco and we sat down at the table for lunch when Amy came home from school. Usually she eats in the familyroom with the tv on.

I calmly told her what was going on, and she sat very quietly listening and STARING at me. She didn't ask any questions, so I kept explaining it all to her in detail - she's very bright. But... she kept on staring at me, so I asked her why. She just laughed and looked away. Towards the end I started to cry and she just said very plainly "nothing's going to happen". That's as emotional as it got, but I know she understands and it was a lot to take in. She wanted to know if her brother (22 years old) knew - I hadn't said anything to him yet either - he's living still where he went to college - 4 1/2 hours drive away. She asked if I wanted her to tell him - I'm fine with it either way, but again... didn't think he needed to worry about it until I find something out. She said he should know - I gave her the option of telling him, thought it might be good for them to discuss it together instead of my just telling. I always joke about how their common bond is their dislike of me!!! wavey

#116451 September 21st, 2005 at 08:25 AM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
I calmly told her what was going on, and she sat very quietly listening and STARING at me. She didn't ask any questions, so I kept explaining it all to her in detail - she's very bright. But... she kept on staring at me, so I asked her why. She just laughed and looked away. Towards the end I started to cry and she just said very plainly "nothing's going to happen". That's as emotional as it got, but I know she understands and it was a lot to take in.
She was probably in a little bit of shock, Lynne. She will need some time to deal with it (and the possibilities) and then she will maybe help you keep things calmer around the house. I agree that your son needs to be told, too, and it will be good for her to tell him. That way they can discuss their fears together and figure out how to support you.

I am happy that you told her. With her response that the brother needed to know, too, you should know that you made the right decision to tell her.

Still praying and thinking good thoughts for you...

Dianna

#116452 September 21st, 2005 at 08:35 AM
Well Lynne, I am emotional after reading that. Your daughter is one strong woman, just like her mom. Apples sure don't fall far from the tree. I am glad you got to talk to her and that she is wanting to talk to her brother... I am sure that will be good for both of them.

How are you holding up?

#116453 September 21st, 2005 at 08:48 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Lynne...it was really the right thing to tell her, and I second everything Triss and Dianna said.

It really doesn't bother me - I know kids are like that.
Yeah...kids are like that...but they can sure hurt you at that age.
I still think about something that happened when Rachel was 15 that really hurt me...bad. I never have told her, and never will. I'll tell you about it sometime in a PM.

Love you, Lynne! kissies

Cindy

#116454 September 21st, 2005 at 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lynne, you did the right thing, and she will do the right thing with her brother, but be prepared for him to wish you had told him yourself. however, i think your letting her do that is a good thing. hang in there kissies

#116455 September 21st, 2005 at 07:35 PM
OP Offline
You all are the most positive support I've got going right now.
I love you all to pieces!

[Linked Image]TO YOU ALL!

#116456 September 21st, 2005 at 10:12 PM
We will always be here for you Lynne.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard