This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Okay, so there is this room off of our garage that I found out is fully insulated and has it's own phone jack and heater...perfect for a "man's room"! We need one, 'cause Abby won't leave people alone when they sit on the floor to play with the game systems...and I hate hearing the games...so it's a good thing all around!

So, he doen't have a clue that that room is anything but a storage shed, so when he's at work, I have emptied it out, patched the walls, primed and painted, and now am trying to decide what all to put in it, and I could use some suggestions from some guys! (girls, too!!)

So far, I have a TV, recliner, compact fridge, and dartboard...what else would be good??? Duh

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...what else would be good???
A BATHROOM! laugh laugh laugh

Seriously...that is so cool to do all that and him not know!
He will be so surprised!

Cindy

Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
That IS cool! grinnnn

You must have a pretty good relationship to do all that for him. That is neat.

My cousin has his own room off of the garage and it is pretty cool. He practically lives in it!

Maybe add some music paraphernalia (sp?); i.e., radio, cdplayer, .....

Leslie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! What a lovely, thoughtful gift idea for your hubby!!! kissies grinnnn
The only idea I can come up with is: Is there room for a sofa or more comfy chairs so hubby can have his friends over?

That really is a GREAT gift!!! grinnnn angell

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
He will be shocked to death! laugh

For the last 8 years ( thumbup

I considered a microwave, to go with the fridge, but I'm afraid to give him both food AND drinks out there...I may never see him again!!! laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does he enjoy reading?
If so, what about a bookshelf? lala

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
OOOhhh, a radio with a CD player is a GREAT idea!!!

And I am in the works of getting more chairs...but I can't decide if he should pick them out or not??? Duh

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
No reading...says he reads and writes enough at work. :rolleyes:

I think I am going to put some shelves out there, and put some of the fire figurines that I don't really like out there...along with all his 'toys'...

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I may never see him again!!!
Some of us WANT this!

Cindy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having him pick his own chairs sounds like a good idea.. Duh

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Ah! This is where my evil-genius ways come into play! grinnnn

He HAS picked the colors, and general design of the room, AND the TV and fridge...he just doesn't have a clue that I am 3 months ahead of him! He was planning on turning my cat's room into 'his' this spring, when things at the fire station slow down...

I'm telling ya...he's gonna be shocked! grinnnn

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Cindy! laugh

I haven't hit that point. (yet!) thumbup

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
(yet!)
Trust me.................................. lala

laugh laugh laugh

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
laugh laugh laugh

Oh, goody! Something to look forward to!!! grinnnn

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You have no idea! laugh laugh laugh

One of these days you'll think...
..."so THAT'S what she was talking about"! thumbup

Cindy

Its the little touches that will complete the room, posters and such to decorate the walls, the right lighting to give it the feel of a mans room

Oh, that is so great! He will LOVE IT. Wish I could get my guy something like that!

How 'bout a little bar? Some beer mugs, to go with all the drinks you're probably putting in the mini-fridge. thumbup thumbup grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That certainly is a great present!!!!! You'll have to be sure to tell us all about his reaction when you open the door and let him see it!! thumbup

Maybe you could get a beanbag chair so when he has a friend over and they are playing Playstation2 or Xbox or Gamecube(or whatever it is he has) his friend has somewhere to sit too.....and beanbag chairs are great for sitting down to play some games---I'm a secret Playstation junkie myself. laugh

What sports teams does he like, if any???? You could get a blanket with the team on it to drape over the recliner, and some sports posters/pennants etc......Are there windows in the room??? I saw one show on TV where they used pennants as a window treatment going across the top of the window.

You could make a photo collage to put on the wall with pictures of him and his family and friends.....you could buy a few of those frames with openings for pictures and take that out and just stick a whole bunch of pics of him and his buds in it!

Like Shani said a lot of the rooms really coming together with be in the little touches....

When it's finished maybe we can see some pics! That would be cool! thumbup

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Mine would be lookin' for the computer out
there in his own room, on his computer he
has a tv, a dvd burner so he can watch movies,
and he's got sur~round sound *4 speakers* stereo and tons of those on line games and games him and the boys play on them, like pool, pinball, etc.

He might like one of those gift cards that look like charge cards to get himself something
"HE" likes.....something personal that he picked out himself...

I also like the muggs you can put in the freezer to have a really cold one in.

How about his own coffee machine or something of the likes...

Weezie

P/S Barley that is such a nice idea!!!
Although my hubby keeps saying he's going to take the upstairs over, *we haven't had tenants in our upstairs since April* he says if we don't rent it out soon, he's going up there...
I said, I'm comin' too!!! grinnnn
We would love to convert the upstairs into a bar/game room thing...and a crafting area for me, and a side little area for the boys to play....
Butttttttttttt, when we get it rented out we can really use the extra money, sure would have been nice for Christmas...

And what Cindy said, sometimes it's VERY TRUE!!

And sometimes it's not....I would miss mine terribly if he was in the other room...
That's alot of the time we spend together,
even though we have seperate computers,
they are in the same room and we both have
tv's and so, we both can do what we each like, surfing the net for what interests us, and watch different shows, but we're still in the same room, talkin' and conversin' during commercials...

I like little nick-natty things. I just got another catelog from Lillian Vernon and there is a "classic solid wood vehicle" that you can get for $20. You can choose between a firetruck, pick-up truck or convertible roadster. And you can get it personalized with his initials. Its really nice! They also have grand pilsners that you can get personalized. The ones in the catelog are personalized with "Mark's Tavern" and they are running a special if you buy 4 of them you get $15 worth of neat napkins for free. They have hearts, spades, diamonds, and clubs on them. And someone mentioned a little bar....are you going for a classey look for the room? Because there is the AWESOME revolving globe bar in the catelog. It looks like a regular globe, but it opens and there are 4 sections for glassware, bottles and you can even put an ice bucket in the thing!! That can get personalized with initials also!

The other day I was at Sam's Club and they have the World Poker Tour card set on sale....don't remember for how much tho. And a friend of ours has a thing that sits on top of a table that is a poker table. Has places to put cups and your chips and when your not using it, it folds up into quarters.

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
You guys are GREAT!! I hadn't thought about most this stuff!

Bean bags are a great idea...they are easy to move out of the way...

Muggs are great, too...there is a brewer in Portland that makes a line of firemen beers once a year...I'm on a quest to find them! I may have to call them directly...

And you are right about all the 'ugly' things going out there! thumbup

Thank you guys! Keep it up!

I will get pictures!!! lala

J
J
Barley, l think a guitar would complete the scenario, even lf he cannot play one, l bet he would be strumming lt ln no time wavey

Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Barleyclown,

My brother-in-law really gets into playstation games, the racing/crashing ones especially, (Burnout) and has surround speakers in his living room where he plays. It is pretty awesome to be sitting there playing and it sounds like you're right there in the middle of the game! thumbup

All these are great ideas. That is an awesome thing to do. I'm sure he will be pleased, and I'm sure the excitement is growing for you as well.

Leslie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oooooo.......Burnout 3 is absolutely a great racing game thumbup ......Racing games are the only thing my hubby will play with me!!! That racing game really impressed me!!! I hate to admit this but I get 2 playstation magazines a month.... shocked It's a guilty pleasure I indulge in.....The first TombRaider is what got me into playstation--fantastic! But the last one was terrible. Prince of Persia is a great game--and Rachet and Clank, and Dark Cloud, and Amplitude/Frequency, Tony Hawk......I have lots of games.... laugh

I know I'm 28 and I'm a female(not the typical gamer) but I still love gaming!!! My 36 year old sis, and my 34 year old brother are gaming addicts too--they will get practically violent if you try to take their controller!! Gaming must run in the family genes......

And I'm really sorry Barley--I know that this post is way off topic, but I just had to chip in my 2 cents on games....Most guys always think they can beat me at a game since I'm a woman--what a shock they get when I whip their butts!!!! thumbup

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard