This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Loz,

My brother-in-law with the surround sound speakers is in his 50's, so... laugh his living room is set up JUST for that.

I could be addicted too, that's why I don't play. wink Don't need another one... LOL!

My nephew plays ALL the time! That IS his life. He's just 13 though. BTW -- my brother just put surround-sound in the bedroom where he plays. It DOES make a big difference. just like being there. grinnnn

Leslie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't always play as much as I'd like, but when I do sit down and play I love it!!! I got hooked way back when with Atari and Frogger and Pitfall.....

Never thought of getting surround sound before.....hmmmm....now the wheels are turning!!! grinnnn

BTW, I get "cool" points with my 14 year old nephew.....he plays all the time and we borrow games off of each other laugh His friends think I'm awesome because I can beat them....he he he.

Okay, so I'm a self confessed big kid.....but gaming isn't just for kids really--not anymore...heck some of the games you'd think are for kids are really hard!

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Finished the paint and trim today, and steam cleaned a rug for it... [Linked Image]

Now off to work on outlet covers... grinnnn

OOOOHHHH, looks nice already! I bet you're having so much fun with this! cool

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I am soooooo happy with the way it is turning out! thumbup

I also got a TV table to go next to his chair...

I think I'm going to set up the fridge and TV and then wrap the boxes and slip them over the tops, what do you think? More of a suprise that way? Would you wrap the other stuff, too? Like the clock,dartboard,phone, ect?

I think I'm going to set up the fridge and TV and then wrap the boxes and slip them over the tops, what do you think? More of a suprise that way? Would you wrap the other stuff, too? Like the clock,dartboard,phone, ect?
That's funny. smile
Personally, I think I'd just put wrapping paper and a big giant bow on the door, but it's going to kick butt any way you go!

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I can't decide what I want to do...if I just set it up, or if I wrap parts of it to prolong the joy... gab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's such an incredible gift that either way, wrapping individually or collectively, he'll be in heaven!

I have only one question: Can I move in?! laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barley, it's looking great! thumbup

I would wrap everything seperate because I'm a nutty nutz person that actually likes to wrap things..... laugh

BTW, how are you keeping him out of the room right now??? Does he ever go in there at all? Does he notice that you are up to something do you think?

Can't wait to hear his reaction! smile

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
It has a deadbolt on the door that I keep locked, and I took his key...I don't know if HE knows he can't get in or not... laugh

I also covered the window with paper, and told him I needed to use that room to build his present in it, and then we would talk about where it should go...so he has no idea! thumbup I also have several people at the station throwing him off track with oddball comments and questions...I swear the only person who doesn't know is him! grinnnn

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
This is so cool!

I can't wait to see it when it's finished. I wish you could set up a camera with a switch so that when the door is opened there's about a 5 second delay, then it takes his picture!

Cindy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah...Pictures,Pictures!!

This is gonna be so great thumbup grinnnn

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I'm thinking I'll ask dad to hide in the room and take a pic of him when he opens the door... grinnnn I can't wait!

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh
That would scare the $#!% out of him!

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Ahhhhh....hadn't thought of that!

Double the fun for me!!! laugh

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
thumbup laugh lala

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Who, ME??? smile Sweet, innocent me??? grinnnn

(who had forgotten the horse blanket, just remembered it...had to smuggle it outside...past the bedroom window and into the truck... lala )

I know I'm 28 and I'm a female(not the typical gamer) but I still love gaming!!! My 36 year old sis, and my 34 year old brother are gaming addicts too--they will get practically violent if you try to take their controller!! Gaming must run in the family genes......
The average gamer is 27 years old...did you know that?? Just think of how many adult that it takes to balance out the amount of kids who game!!!! sca shk

Hey Barley...you could put things in their places...like clocks where they go and such, but have them wrapped so that he has to go around the room and discover different parts of it.

So....I'm sure other people are wondering the same thing...how is the room coming?? Can you take pictures for us to see it???

R
R
heehee...maybe a TiVo and DVD player...and since it's 'husband wise' get him a computer maybe? Guys like a lot of tech stuff..it's just a few notions and suggestions...so no need to scream at me...>_< shocked wavey

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
TAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I am finished! And with hours to spare! laugh

Here are the pics:

Mike\'s room

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barley, that looks really nice........he'll love it!!! thumbup Can't wait to hear his reaction to it all.......thanks for sharing the pics with us!!!!! smile

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I luv it!!!
That is really neat, Barley!!!
Excellant idea!!!
Not only is the room a suprise,
but a few little tid bits of stuff
all the way around!!!!

Very Cool indeed!!!!

Weezie

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Thank you guys! I am so happy with the way it has turned out...and he has NO clue...everyone has been hinting to him that it is something totally different...he will be so shocked! laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sarah,

You did a GREAT job!! It looks beautiful! He'll love it!!! Please keep us posted on his reaction when he "opens" his present?

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I will try to get a pic...and I will let you all know what he thinks! thumbup

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard