This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#131344 January 4th, 2005 at 04:56 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Updates here.....

(I ain't sayin' nothin' about mine!) laugh

#131345 January 4th, 2005 at 06:01 AM
Thanks, Cindy!

Hey, Bestoffour- you done good in the morning! (I'm SO with you on that Pepsi thing-- right now I believe I might actually SHOOT someone if it got me a Coke.)

But, I believe I may be in a position to offer actual, helpful advice for the after-5 eating. I know they say, don't eat after 6, and don't eat 2 hours before you go to bed, and yada yada yada, but I've been there, and am VERY MUCH a night-time eater, and what I learned in Weight Watchers is, be honest with yourself. (I think the first 3 weeks I did it, I was out of points and climbing the wall by 6 p.m.)

If you know you're going to be wanting to snack all night, then eat lighter meals and snacks during the day, and go ahead and have dinner be the big heavy meal you want.

If you know you can't live without any sweets at all, just keep in the back of your mind that you can have that bag of M&Ms any time you want, and if you snacked on something like cottage cheese earlier in the day, you won't feel so bad about the candy. Or find the healthier alternative-type of sweets that wont give you 500 extra calories and a complex for life. (For me, Healthy choice fudge bars or sugar-free jello usually do the trick.) Or for that matter, compare candy. A pack of starburst has like 200 less calories and less fat than a bag of M&Ms, and still tastes great!

If you're a volume eater (quantity counts more than quality), find stuff you can eat in volume that's not too damaging, like air-popped popcorn, or Fiber One cereal, and eat all you want.

If you're a once-I-start-I-can't-stop kinda gal, just keep those foods out of the house. (For me, that's Coke and any kind of chips. non-negotiable.)

Geez, well, that was a lot of tips. Well, take 'em for what they're worth. smile

#131346 January 4th, 2005 at 08:58 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
uh...I made fudge today.... Duh

#131347 January 4th, 2005 at 01:11 PM
Meg Offline
Fudge is not a good idea to have when you're trying to lose weight, fyi. wink laugh

Since I've had this cold, or whatever, I haven't had much appetite. It's been picking up again the past 2 days.. but not completely. Well, sometime yesterday, my belly started hurting pretty bad, and I think it's from my screwed up non-eating, and it's caused me to umm.. not be able to go... you know. Maybe I should force some shredded wheat down my throat this morning..lol. Anyways, I feel hungy, but because my stomach is now hurting, I can't eat. :rolleyes: Hey, at least I should lose a couple pounds this way..lol. I did take a peri-colace last night, so I hope that helps me sometime today.

Meg

#131348 January 4th, 2005 at 03:37 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
I ate an entire apple pie today thumbup I lost the weight as soon as i gained it though >.< I forgot what apples do to you :rolleyes:

But ya, for breakfast *whenever i go to bed and wake up that is... its like 12:35 AM here*, i'm gonna have a Scottish breakfast, complete with sausage, egg, bacon, toast, and honey flavored tea thumbup

~Phoebe

#131349 January 4th, 2005 at 03:48 PM
Hey Phoebe,
Perhaps you should concentrate on eating things like meat and potatoes alot. Your blood sugars will sky rocket if you eat things like that pie and then totally plumet after an hour or so...its not so good for you. Duh Oh to have a metabolism like yours!!!

#131350 January 4th, 2005 at 03:50 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
I forgot what apples do to you
But, I bet you'll remember from now on! lala laugh

Meg...
You need to get some Metamucil, and take a tablespoon a day whether you need it or not! It is just HEALTHY. It helps lower your cholesterol as well as a bunch of other good stuff.

Cindy

#131351 January 4th, 2005 at 03:56 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
i donno, i've been having a lil trouble eating and sleeping lately >.o i'm like, never hungry. I have to force myself to eat sometimes. I could go all day without eating sometimes.

But ya, the meat and potatoes thing is what i should definately be doing. Actually what i should be doing is sleeping lol. Goodnight!!

#131352 January 4th, 2005 at 03:56 PM
updates...okay.

was I good to me yesterday? I can't remember doing anything special for me, but the only one I tended to was Ashley...so I guess that's good. grinnnn

#131353 January 4th, 2005 at 04:44 PM
Meg Offline
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
Meg...
You need to get some Metamucil, and take a tablespoon a day whether you need it or not! It is just HEALTHY. It helps lower your cholesterol as well as a bunch of other good stuff.

Cindy
Really, I had no idea that metamucil could help cholesterol too. hmmm.. maybe I'll have to get some & give it a whirl. (I take lipitor for cholesterol already.. but ya know, if I could do this another way, more naturally, I'd prefer it.) I'm only 34, and I already am taking 4 meds daily, plus a vitamin & an aspirin a day. It's getting a bit out of hand for someone who's not that old. Another good reason to lose some weight. wink

Meg

#131354 January 4th, 2005 at 05:13 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child

#131355 January 4th, 2005 at 06:25 PM
Alrighty....

Today I am starting my excercising. For Christmas, I got a fitness to go kit made by Weider. It came with a 65cm "flex ball" (like a pilates ball), ankle weights, aerobic latex bands, and a jump rope. I've wanted the ball for some time now and am so excited to ues it. The kit comes with a workout poster for the ball that has 10 excercies on it. That is what I'm going to mainly do. I figure, doing that, combined with eating correctly should get the pounds running.

Since I decided to start a journal for this year, I am going to take my measurements and record them and every two weeks will take them again...that and I will weigh myself once a week. So, here we go....

#131356 January 4th, 2005 at 07:10 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
the ball
shk

I just got a good laugh just THINKING about me doing "the ball"! laugh
I'd probably break some bones, not to mention some knick-knacks, rolling all over the house like an idiot... lala

laugh

Cindy

#131357 January 4th, 2005 at 07:15 PM
laugh laugh laugh

Now why can I imagine that happening to you??? wink

I accomplished the ball....no bones broken, no knik knacks on the floor. Did get some pretty weird looks from the cats tho. kit They do not like the ball, I think. I felt like I was on an infomercial while I was doing it tho! I had dance music on the TV so I wouldn't get bored while doing it. I don't know if I worked out my arms or my butt like I'm supposed to, but lemme tell ya...my abs are SORE!!! Forget abs of steal....we're talking platinum after a couple of months of this!!! laugh

#131358 January 4th, 2005 at 07:48 PM
The ball....I thought about the ball....but I figured as gracefull as I am I'd knock a hole in the wall or something fun like that laugh Plus I'd have to let ashley play with it too. She'd probably loose weight and doesn't need to. laugh

I'll just stick to walking and using my bicycle. Bicycle sits still so I don't have to worry about falling off. thumbup

Jenn...what's your second ticker for?

#131359 January 4th, 2005 at 08:00 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
I have a really boney butt. Will the ball make a good seat?

I donno, i just kinda run a few miles if i need to gain some muscle. I then follow it with about 10 marine core pushups *1,2,3,1,1,2,3,2,1,2,3,3etc.* and as many crunches i can do in 2 minutes. I'm normally pretty dead after that lol. After that i take a nice warm shower and i feel supercharged the next day smile

~Phoebe

#131360 January 4th, 2005 at 08:00 PM
I'm attemptig to quite smoking for my new year's. It's going pretty well...i've started by not smoking at work and when i get use to that them i'm going to cut out hours that i'm at home and so forth until i'm done. Anyway I noticed a lot of people are dieting and the best way that i've found to get and keep lbs off is too 1. NOT do the atkins diet (it does more harm than good) and 2. to drink only water and 100% fruit juice. I dropped 30 lbs. doing this. I also hike whenever possible. I work retail so its not possible a lot of the time but it helps. Hope I helped some. If anyone has any other tips about quiting smoking let me know please.

#131361 January 4th, 2005 at 08:09 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
If anyone has any other tips about quiting smoking let me know please.
My cousin swears by Wellbutrin. Duh

Cindy

#131362 January 4th, 2005 at 08:15 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
My friend Mike told me that everyone will quit when they're ready to quit. Cuz if you try to quit something when you're not ready, then its hard, cuz you'll always want to do it again. But if you quit when you're ready, then you'll not wana do it. You'll feel the need to do it, but you'll have willpower and force yourself to not do it.

~Phoebe

#131363 January 4th, 2005 at 08:21 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, just the mental (and I do mean mental) pic of Cindy with "the ball" and her Taz slippers had me on the floor...so got my exercise today! grinnnn

#131364 January 4th, 2005 at 08:22 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
See...I AM good for something! thumbup

#131365 January 4th, 2005 at 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Nako:
My friend Mike told me that everyone will quit when they're ready to quit. Cuz if you try to quit something when you're not ready, then its hard, cuz you'll always want to do it again. But if you quit when you're ready, then you'll not wana do it. You'll feel the need to do it, but you'll have willpower and force yourself to not do it.

~Phoebe
It's absolutely true. You just won't make a change until you're totally ready to do it. Then when you're really ready, it's not that hard.

Let's see, A. I quit smoking for nearly 2 years once, then started again, like a fool. but what worked for me was setting up a rewards system, and making it something where I could actually SEE the results. So what I did was, figured out how much I was spending per week on smokes, and decided to put it into a "me" fund. Then every week, I'd go to the post office stamp vending machine, and buy one stamp, and get all my change (the same amount I was putting in the "me" fund) in Sue B Anthony coins. (Doing it at the post office was easier and faster than going to the bank.) I got a GIANT piggy bank shaped like a parking meter, and fed all that money into it, and the post was clear, so you could see all those silver dollars adding up. Anyway, it was a great motivator, and when I finally stopped doing it, I had almost 2 grand saved up. Good luck with quitting!

Jenn- Those balls are supposed to be really great, and provide a tough workout. Sounds like from what you said, it's working.

Nako- the weight lifting advice was right on track. You build muscle, and gain weight, but only if you lift slowly and correctly, and for weight gain, always add weight when the lower weight gets to easy. Less reps, more weight. But then it'll kick up your metabloism even nore, so that might be a big drawback for you. ?

Meg- I swear, try Fiber One. It's a great diet food. (You actually...um...eleminate... more calories than you're taking in, and you'll NEVER be more regular.)

#131366 January 6th, 2005 at 08:53 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
My Metabolism is at the speed of light! I'll eat something and have to literally go to the bathroom like an hour or two later! I get all the nutrients that i need according to my doctor though.

But ya! I gained 5 lbs! And its staying!!! *hops around happily* and i don't have a gut or nothin, which means its all muscle from running, situps, and pushups ^.^ Apple, you better watch out! I'm gonna beat you up when i come home!

~Phoebe

#131367 January 9th, 2005 at 12:04 AM
Update:
Okay after one week on the diet....dum dum dum DAAAAAA!!!: Lost 5 pounds! YAY! Jenn, Dianna, everyone, how's it going for y'all?

Hey Phoebe, maybe I am giving you the extra pounds. You gained 5, I lost 5. Maybe this week, you could gain 10, and see if it works again? smile

#131368 January 9th, 2005 at 09:52 PM
I've gained 4 pounds this week. :rolleyes: Dieting does not work for me at all. I hope to be able to find something that I like as a dress, if I don't manage to lose weight instead of gain it!

Congrats to those of you that are managing to lose! Or gain if that is what you wanted.

Dianna

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard