This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#132053 September 9th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I saw that one rue

Think how sad some of the mothers are when their precious child grows up to become a criminal.
Think of how sad God must be when He looks down and sees how the people of His world treat one another. His pain and sorrow must be great.

#132054 September 9th, 2005 at 04:38 AM
R
R
Yes.

There is so much love, empathy on this forum, it is wonderful. Wish there was some way we could spread it around the world.

#132055 September 9th, 2005 at 04:41 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Ahh..Agape love...that is a study all of it's own!

Yes, we are comanded toLOVe one another...actually everyone as I stated in another post....BUT....

We are not comanded to condone other's lifestyles or wrong behaviours. This is a VERY hard lesson. For instance...I have mentioned my father before...he was an ordained minister...but was NOT a "good" person....I had a lot of issues with that and after I was grown went to talk to my pastor because..the 10 comandments for instance..."Honor you father & Mother" ...how was I suppose to do THAT? Well...you can love someone even if you do not agree or even like their lifestyle, beliefs or action. (does that make sense?) Even as you were talkong about children who have godly parent, Christian homes...and do not follow that path...you do not have to agree, condone or as I stated before...even like their actions...but we are still comanded to love...not trust, not put faith in...just love. I personally have step children that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw them...and do not condone their behaviour or actions...but...I love them.

#132056 September 9th, 2005 at 04:41 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
On person at a time. We are already sharing it here and in doing so are reminding ourselves to share it with others. Each person we touch will touch another and so on and so on.

#132057 September 9th, 2005 at 04:45 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
rue...look back on just this ONE thread...
North Carolina
Nebraska
Arkansas
New York
Texas
Indianna
Georgia
California
ISREAL

Wish there was some way we could spread it around the world.
I think we are getting a pretty good start on it!!!!

#132058 September 9th, 2005 at 04:53 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes we sure are.

A proposal. Since we need to start a new topic with every 100 posts, how about we start a new subject then as well. We can always carry over to a 2nd thread if the need arises.

#132059 September 9th, 2005 at 04:58 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
You go girl...lead the way and we will all jump in!

#132060 September 9th, 2005 at 05:23 AM
R
R
the question:

What I don't understand is why it is so hard to have faith and to believe

What always got me in the past was the thought. Who made GOD?

That is until one night when I was severely distressed, scared, sobbing, thinking about my own mortality I prayed that I have faith. The thoughts were barely formed in my mind when this warm, cozy feeling came over me.

I had immediate ultimate peace!

It is very hard to discribe the feeling, you just have to experience it.

Then a few years later I was boistered again while watching the 700 club. Pat Robertson (he is only human and victim to all our faults too)was praying and mentioned a person with right foot pain. (I had right foot pain for a few years that could not be explained, not planter facsitis, etc.).

I immediately thought. He is talking about me!! Right then my foot started burning, lasted a few minutes, seconds not really sure!

The pain was gone and has never come back!!!!!

Ok one more. I was in a religous book club group, a lone protestant in a group of catholics. We happened to be discussing Madgaory (spelling?) sightings. I didn't believe and they were trying to convince me that I should.

I was running through the information one day trying to decide if I believed in this last sighting of Mary. I was really disstressed about the fact that they were so adamant.

I put all the articles I was reading down and frying bacon LOL! and a voice, not my own said.

"This is not of your concern." (I don't talk like that)

And then that same WARMTH and PEACE like you would not believe. I have not worried about it since.

#132061 September 9th, 2005 at 05:24 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I agree....you lead, we'll follow. angell

#132062 September 9th, 2005 at 08:59 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Amazing rue. You are blessed to have your belief confirmed in so many ways!

#132063 September 9th, 2005 at 12:26 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Charlie is sick tonight, allergies, asthma, something or another and he was miserable. I was rocking him and praying that he would find some relief, praying that he would breath easier, praying that we could both get some sleep. The whole time I was talking out loud cuz my voice calms him. I started praying for all of the people who are having such a difficult time right now, all of my friends in need and during those prayers, he finally calmed down and settled into a peaceful sleep. My prayer was answered not as I was asking for us, but asking for others and that struck me as something I wanted to share before I headed off to bed.

#132064 September 9th, 2005 at 11:22 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
You know Triss...that made me think this morning. It is really when we get our eyes off of "ourself" and try to meet the needs of others that we often see the desires of our heart and prayers answered. It is VERY difficult when you are in need...to put that aside and concentrate on the needs of others....I think that is part of what has been happening in my situation. I have been so focused on what "I" needed as far as getting help for the baby...that it has overwhelmed me. Not that I haven't been praying for the needs of others...I just have not been putting the effort forth to put some of those thing first. Did that make sense? So..I am re-focusing...and regrouping today!

#132065 September 10th, 2005 at 12:21 AM
A long time ago I came to the realization that if I lost one of my children it would be Peter, my middle child and the child of my heart. I rebelled against that thougth for years and finally just over three years ago was brought to the point of submission and gave him back to God, with the request that when he died he go in my arms.

When my oldest son called me and told me that Peter was hurt (not 5 minutes after leaving the house) I got there as fast as I could - maybe 3 or 4 minutes and he was lying in the street convulsing. There was a crowd watching but no one was near him and I couldn't understand why. As I got out of the car I said "Peter, Mommy is here, everything will be ok". He was unconcious and continued to seize. I sat on the ground and pulled his head onto my lap, he was gasping for breath, seizing, eyes rolling - it was the most dreadful thing I had ever seen in my life. I had no idea what to do, so with my arms around him as best as I could without doing further damage, I began to pray out loud, thanking God for the life of this precious child. He instantly stilled, breathing normally. When I began crying so hard I couldn't pray anymore one of the people there put one hand on my shoulder and the other on Peter's head and continued to pray. The instant she said Amen he began to seize again. The only time he was still was during that prayer. Completely still.

I learned later that the hearing is the last to go so as he was leaving this life he heard my voice. I have every confidence that through faith we will see each other again some day.

Peter loved the Lord with all his heart and had publicly declared his intention to follow Him wherever He wanted him to go.

#132066 September 10th, 2005 at 12:25 AM
I know that's probably not what we intended for this Bible study but after reading about Triss praying her young one to sleep I felt lead to share about praying with Pete. I didn't pray him into heaven (other than a life of praying for him) but I think he heard my voice as he was meeting the Lord.

#132067 September 10th, 2005 at 01:07 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Bev...I am certain he heard your voice...I would have loved to have had that oppertunity with Dayne. But, I believe he hears me still.

I just read an interesting little story about a man on an airplane...they had hit some turbulence and the stewardes had asked the passengers to be seated until they passed through it. Not heeding her request...she repeated it in a more "serious" tone. The next voice they heard was that of the pilot...he repeated the request and then stated "Let's be very clear about OUR responsibilities...My job is to get you through the storm, your job is to do what I say, now sit down and buckle up!"
about that time the bathroom door opened up and a red faced fellow with a sheepish grin exited and took his seat.
Was the pilot wrong in what he did? Was he being insensitive or unthoughtful? No, just the opposite. He would rather have the man be safe and embarrassed than uniformed and hurt. Good pilots DO what it takes to get their passengers home. So does God. Here is the key question, How far do you want God to go to get your attention? If God has to chose between your eternal safety and your earthly comfort, which do you hope he chooses? Don't answer too quickly...give it some thought.
If God sees you standing when you should be sitting, if God sees you at risk rather than safe, how far do you want him to go at getting your attention?

When you were in trouble, you called, and I saved you.
I answered you with thunder. Psalm 81:7

#132068 September 10th, 2005 at 01:36 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Bev, Thank you for sharing that story. I am very sure that your son heard you and knew you were there beside him, praying for him and I am sure that made leving you a little easier for him.

As for your story not being what this study is all about, I disagree. Things like that are EXACTLY what this is all about. The last thing I want is for anyone to think they cannot share any of their stories of faith. I think it helps us all to understand one another better and is so often "not allowed" in other settings.

So please everyone, keep sharing!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard