This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#134534 February 14th, 2006 at 02:58 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Triss...Kiltz is a brand of primer. Any good primer works.

However....Vanessa if the new paint you are going to use is dark (red for instance) you need to put up a tinted primer. I love my red cupboards but I have put on 4 coats of paint and still need to do a couple more coats because I used white primer. I still can see roller marks. Sorry to have to tell you that.

Oh and I think sometimes it is a good idea to say thank you and just accept offers of help. It might be a gift from God that you are turning down. If the people offered to help paint.....and you won't accept their gift of welcome....you could hurt their feelings then too. I have learned....you have to learn to receive graciously and with gratitude in order to be a real giver. But that is just me I suppose.

#134535 February 14th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
All this talk of painting makes me want to paint something. Looking forward to garage sale season so I can get a dresser or 6. I wanna paint one for each of the kiddos in a theme of some sort.

#134536 February 14th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
and you won't accept their gift of welcome....you could hurt their feelings then too. I have learned....you have to learn to receive graciously and with gratitude in order to be a real giver. But that is just me I suppose.
The draw back I have with that Fernie is that there is still one church we would like to try...so if I accept the offer..I guess I would feel obligated to attaend that specific church...if that makes any sense at all. If I were going there regularly, I wouldn't have a problem at ALL accepting the help....

Didn't get to work today because of the Drs appt...but I have a roller with my name on it for tomorrow for sure...bright and EARLY. I did go by to see the beginning of the work on the add on part...it is EXCITING....I think it will all start picking up speed now and hopefully by next week I can get my appliances....

~V~

#134537 February 14th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
That is very exciting Vanessa. Looking forward to seeing the progress. We need pics!

#134538 February 14th, 2006 at 09:04 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I haven't been able to use my digital camera so I have to get the pics developed before I can post them...but I did get before pics for comparison.

We are having Valentine Day Painting party today...

You are ALL invited!!!! luv

~V~

#134539 February 15th, 2006 at 01:40 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Lunch break!!! Soup & grilled cheese....

Got the splash board from around the tub tore out and finished getting ready to paint the bathroom...Hopefully, I can get the rotted wall around the tub fixed this afternoon and the paint on. Then we can put the new boarding up and I can lay the floor...moving right along....
So far Goatbaby is doing pretty good but he didn't like the gate I put on the door to keep him in the playroom...so I have had to chase him a little...
Will check in at Suppertime...hope you all are having a great V~Day!!!!

~Balentine Banessa~

#134540 February 15th, 2006 at 09:20 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Today was a productive day for sure...even with Goatbaby!
We got the splash board stuff ripped out from around the tub, all the caulking done and holes patched and the bathroom's first coat of paint on the walls & trim, the bathroom pantry painted also. That doesn't sound like a lot but it really was a chore. So, tomorrow, the second coat of paint and replace the splash boards then we will be rready to set the toilet and put in the fucets that have to be replaced. We wont have any babies during the day so it should be faster.
They got the backroom gutted and all 7 of the old windows out..it looks so different already.
They should start putting the new windows in tomorrow.....
I see progress!

~V~

#134541 February 15th, 2006 at 09:30 AM
That sounsd so good Vanessa. Things are really moving along at a fine pace!!!

#134542 February 15th, 2006 at 09:31 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Man, Vanessa, you guys are burnin' it up!
By the time my package gets there, you won't need what I sent you! laugh

#134543 February 15th, 2006 at 09:48 AM
wow! so glad to hear that everything's going smoothly for ya'll! hope it keeps working out good for ya'll! can't wait to see the pics smile

#134544 February 15th, 2006 at 11:27 AM
Vanessa - you're going to have your whole house done before we get the kids' bathroom in working order here!!! You guys are moving like gangbusters!!!

Can't wait to see pictures!

#134545 February 15th, 2006 at 08:28 PM
Glad to hear everything is going well. I can't wait to see your pics. Keep us posted. I love new windows, I am hoping to put in PVC windows this spring.

#134546 February 15th, 2006 at 08:48 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Gettin ready to head out. Today will be our first day to get to work without kidlets so we ought to be able to get a bunch mor done. We probably will just work through lunch and not came in till we have to get the P~Nutyy off the bus after school. I am hoping to get the bathroom close to completed today...don't thin I can get it completely finished but make a BIG dent in it anyway. We will loose some time going to get those splash board thingies out of storage sine we will have to dig back in there to get them. We didn't plan on using them til a lot later and they are in the very back... :rolleyes:
You all have a good day...I am praying for more PROGRESS...

~V~

#134547 February 15th, 2006 at 09:07 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You know we are alllllllllllll there in SPIRIT Vanessa!!!
*and I can feel the relief of working with no kidlets..* I know how brutal it can be...
Sending strength and hope and positive energy your way!!!

#134548 February 16th, 2006 at 07:57 AM
wavey Hi Vanessa...

WOW you guys have been busy Duh
muggs Penny

#134549 February 16th, 2006 at 10:11 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I will have pics as soon as we start getting some rooms finished...it is already looking WAY different and smelling a ton better. I didn't even realize just how filthy it was until you walk from a clean painted room to one that hasn't been worked on.
The bathroom is a little behind schedule...ran into some plumbing problems today...but maybe we can finish up in there tomorrow. I did get the bedroom ceiling completely painted and all the painting in the bathroom is done. As soon as we get a handle on the plumbing project, I can lay the floor and get the boarding behind the tub up..
Ran into another little hiccup...the outside wafer siding was rotted and fell apart as they were doing the windows...that CERTAINLY wasn't in the budget...so I am robbing Peter to pay Paul now..I just hope Paul doesn't notice for a LONG LONG time...you never know when you get in to these older houses what you will find. that is why that have that "as is" clause in there....

Tomorrow is another day....
thumbup
~V~

#134550 February 16th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
Vanessa, I am looking forward to the before and after pics. You sound like things are moving along for you. I still wished I lived closer. I'm really helpful.

#134551 February 16th, 2006 at 12:02 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Tina, every since Cinday had that dream that you were mowing my lawn...I can just picture you out there. I think about that every time I look out the window...it gives me a great chuckle...so come on and MOW!!!! laugh

~V~

#134552 February 16th, 2006 at 12:36 PM
[Linked Image]

#134553 February 17th, 2006 at 08:28 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Today was a slow day on Ferguson street...STILL working on the plumbing in the bathroom and still not done!! ARGHHHHHHHH...how I would LOVE to have a plumber friend right now!!!!...I got 2 coats of paint on the bedroom and the first coat on the trim...and that's about it. Today was full of running back & forth to the hardware store for the plumbing stuff...that takes a big hunk out of the day right there...
Gonna get back after it early in the morning...pray for progress...

~V~

#134554 February 17th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Hope things move along faster tomorrow Vanessa. Has to be frustrating for you not to be able to have it move smoothly! Praying tomorrow is better.

#134555 February 17th, 2006 at 08:44 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
pray for progress...
Praying for progress.. and patients...
and people to be put in your path,
that can help!!!

Heyyyyyyyyy, did you ever get ahold of that
coach???????? Duh

#134556 February 17th, 2006 at 09:27 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
No Weez...haven't caught up with him yet...I was going to attend a banquet that he was going to be introduced at...but Peanut got sick that night and I didn't get to go. I live a block away from the stadium ...I will see him out there pretty soon and I'm gonna run & tavkle him!!! laugh

~V~

#134557 February 17th, 2006 at 09:38 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Man, thought that might be a shot in the dark,
bet he's got to know some people, like a plumber or something..
Whatchya think????

#134558 February 17th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
bet he's got to know some people, like a plumber or something..
He's only been here a couple of weeks...I probably know more people here than he does...and I don't know anybody!!!! laugh

~V~

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard