This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#135100 April 30th, 2006 at 01:25 PM
Angelblossom,
You told me to register the Gardner's Forum and i finally did. Little did I know I would find out your song writing secret! Call me! thumbup

Jayhawk (you know who this is)
p

#135101 May 1st, 2006 at 05:34 AM
Jayhawk.... Well It about time you registered!! clp clp
Now you should post about your talents as well, especially your basket weaving , they are wonderful !!So may different types and uses!!! don't forget to post picturess we love picture here,,
Yep I always have a song in My Heart, and lyrics in my head. [Linked Image]
Talk to ya soon!! cool

#135102 May 1st, 2006 at 09:58 AM
I have been weaving baskets for about 4 years. I use reed, not grass or willow or split oak. I've included a link to some pictures of some of my baskets. I haven't taken a picture of the one most appropriate for this forum, a tulip basket, but I will soon.

http://photobucket.com/albums/i13/akyjayhawk/

#135103 May 1st, 2006 at 01:27 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You do beautiful work Jayhawk...
I did some baskets a long time ago...
We went to a basket weaving parties....
It was alot of fun...
Haven't done one in years though..
Don't know if they still do those kind
of parties any more...

The only thing I remember is you have to wet the stuff to work it, so it bends easier...
and the gods' eye.....

I love that one, that has a lime green open look.

#135104 May 1st, 2006 at 01:45 PM
Very nice you do beautiful work jayhawk!! thumbup

#135105 May 2nd, 2006 at 05:43 AM
My username kind of gives it away. If it involves a piano, that's me. I'm currently a piano teacher & accompanist. I'm also a retired piano technician.

I also love DIY home remodeling/painting, and home improvements.

#135106 May 3rd, 2006 at 05:26 AM
The basket with lime green is also one of my favorites. It's a double wall basket but the outside wall is rather airy don't you think.

I've never heard of basket making party's but they sound like a lot of fun. Basket making, like many crafts, is more fun when doing it with others. I take classes from a wonderful teacher and somtimes our classes do more socializing than basket making!

I am also learning to quilt but I don't have anything I'd want to put on-line just yet. I need more practice there!

Thanks for your comments,

Jayhawk

#135107 May 3rd, 2006 at 05:32 AM
I forget to tell you that I sell some of the baskets. If anyone would like one, contact me privately and we can discuss price and color.

Thanks,
Jayhawk

#135108 May 3rd, 2006 at 09:30 AM
Love all of the talents. Your baskets are awesome Jayhawk.

Let's see. Other than kid raising and gardening, I love to bake, crochet and cross stitch. Scrapbooking is another of my joys!

#135109 May 3rd, 2006 at 01:25 PM
Thanks, Triss for your wonderful comment.

I have an Aunt that does cross stitch and it's one thing I think I'll let her take care of. My daughter is also learning the art of cross stitch so I have it covered with an older and younger generation. Both of them are now working on something for me!
I guess I'm pretty lucky as I don't have the patience.

Jayhawk

#135110 May 3rd, 2006 at 01:35 PM
I do mine off and on. Was on a big roll for a while but then my hands started hurting. Will do more once they stop.

#135111 May 10th, 2006 at 10:34 AM
Wow. This site is just full of talented people. I've always been jealous of those with musical talent. I love to listen to music but have never been able to create any or play an instrument beyond band.

Those baskets are beautiful!! What nice work.

And the blue painting has some awesome potential.

My talent, other than gardening, is designing quilt patterns and quilting. I like the designing way more than the sewing. My favorite thing is to take a new pattern from my head, get it on paper, figure out how much fabric I'll need, and then go buy it all. I love the cutting and the figuring, and then, meh, I have to sit down and sew for a long time. I'm much better at starting projects than finishing them, so I had to make a rule: I'm not allowed to start anything new until the current project is done. D.O.N.E. done. Not "almost" done. grinnnn

The rule works, most of the time. I'm still relatively new at quilting, compared to most--I sewed my first quilt top in 2001. Since then I've sewn about 15 I think, and several have been from my own patterns.

The funny thing is, I am such a pattern-aholic that when I am planting flowers it's almost impossible for me to just put them in willy-nilly. I have to step back and think and decide exactly how to make the flower pattern work out--I'm talking about throwing a few petunias in the ground for goodness sake, it takes me forever just to decide which one goes where. flw

#135112 May 10th, 2006 at 11:55 AM
Smiling as I read this. QUilting is one thing I really want to start doing but it is going to have to wait until I get all the kids in school so I actually have time to do it without lil fingers in the way! Can we see pics?

#135113 May 11th, 2006 at 06:32 AM
Triss--thanks for your interest. I've had so much fun making quilts--I just sew the quilt tops, I don't actually do much quilting. But I have tied a few baby quilts. I have most of my quilts in a yahoo album so I can share them with my mom. luv

Link to Stuspot\'s quilt album on Yahoo.

#135114 May 11th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
WOW! Those are amazing. I especially love the cats one and Autumn. You are very talented! Those stuffed animals are just adorable too!

#135115 May 11th, 2006 at 07:02 AM
Thanks Triss! Those two, the cats and the autumn one, are my own designs. I made the cats for my SIL, and the autumn one was made by my quilt club--we raffled it off to raise money for our group.

I am currently taking a break from quilting as summer approaches and gardening beckons. When I sew now, I am busy making more stuffed bunnies for all my new family members.

#135116 May 11th, 2006 at 07:24 AM
I tend to craft more in the winter as well though I am now working on a baby afghan.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard