This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#135617 March 9th, 2006 at 12:58 AM
OP Offline
Has anyone ever done a test/experiment where you leave some on and some off and see which ones' do better if either or
Weezie - in my limited experience...
all the ones where I've left the netting on did not develop to their full potential.
I really think it restricts the root growth.

#135618 March 9th, 2006 at 01:06 AM
OP Offline
Thought I'd update on my progress this morning.
I took TK's idea of using colored tabs, but used some small stickers I had instead
and put them on the outside of the containers. One for each pellet.
[Linked Image]

I then recorded the stickers and corresponding plants in my new garden journal - I'm hoping to keep writing this time - I usually don't have the patience for that, but am determined this time!
I wrote the name of the plant, where I got the seeds, what year they were from, and how many I put in each pellet. I'm hoping to also write how long they took to germinate.
[Linked Image]

Here are some of the containers with lids on, ready to start those babies!
[Linked Image]

I hope this is as helpful to you, as it is for me.
Keeping it all here willl help me in the future.

#135619 March 9th, 2006 at 01:13 AM
OP Offline
Oooops - meant to tell you what I started so far today.

Catalpa tree
Blue Columbine
Clematis Sweet Autumn
Butterfly weed
Nasturtium Dwarf Jewel
Blue Flax
Baby Blue Eyes
Blue Pimpernell
Orange Dwarf Zinnia
Pink Dwarf Zinnia

I also potted up some wonder egg seeds in a 4" pot,
and some sensitive plant seeds in a 4" pot.

#135620 March 9th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Great Job Lynne,

I love the sticker idea. How perfect. Organized and pretty now that's a match just made for the indoor seed starting garden. Way to Go. I'll have to put a note about that im my journal.

I'm finding that if I put my posts in the seed starting string in my personal journal I have most days covered. Then I just add personal notes about different things to it and I'm all done. Then I highlight those things that I will want to know when I start next year. Or things that need to be checked on a certain day. Like remembering to take cuttings for Miss Jamie after my caladiva finishes blooming. It's working great so far and I started shortly after New Years Day.

#135621 March 9th, 2006 at 01:39 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That is VERY NICE Lynne!!! kissies I gotta job for you!!)

That looks really nice..
***I always start out with good intentions,
then the kids and mother and the neighbors, etc. etc. etc, alllllllwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyssssss have other ideas for me... :rolleyes:

Nice job, looks really good, I just had to say that again, cause it is.....

#135622 March 9th, 2006 at 03:30 AM
I love the sticker idea..very colorful and also very attractive. I too have started a garden journal, and am trying to record everything in it...Good luck on keeping up with it!

#135623 March 9th, 2006 at 04:15 AM
OP Offline
Great idea, again Tammy! Keeping in your journal what you write here - a very good way to be able to look back at what's happened.

Thanks Weezie and Comfrey - I'm trying to be organized, and since I don't want an entire 8 pellet container of most things, I needed to find a way to keep track of things. Hopefully this will work.

#135624 March 9th, 2006 at 05:08 AM
Looks really good Lynne. I am already falling behind in my journaling. I need an easier system or something.

#135625 March 9th, 2006 at 07:03 AM
Thanks for reminding me by showing your journal, it reminded me to record some stuff in mine!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard