This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
WOW Rita, I thought I was the only one who met my hubby online!

Nope Mee Too ... 8 years ago..now.. thumbup

I wasn't upset about the hotel, I thought it was funny. I will never forget the way Rick stood out in that hall. I about died when he said I refuse to push those beds together. I actually had to hide my laughter because he didnt find any of it funny. He even called his mom and said what were you thinking, like she could control the hotel construction. lol

We just had our 7th anniversary at the beginning of the month.

Wedding or Dating hahaa I like our first time we met the best Oct 13th 1998.. It was the best and favorite memory I have...

Where did you meet and wheere were you both living when you met online?

I was in The Dalles Oregon and he was in Andover Massachusetts ... I flew here and never went back shocked thumbup I guess we should of been completely Embarrassed at the airport though. shocked ..

How about you and Dan??

laugh

We were both in Sacramento at the time. We met online and were planning to meet in person that week but he had an out of town business trip. So the entire 2 weeks he was out of town, we talked for hours each night and when he came back to town, he came over to my place and we had dinner.

Ohh That is sooo cool!! I really liked meeting him online there was no Pressure.. No arguing or anything wierd.. I think we had a better chance to get to know one another.. It was great!!

Very true Rita. I felt I knew him more in two weeks than I had in the other guys I had dated for longer periods of time.

I think it is awsome to know someone mentally before physically...I thought it added sooo much more to the beginning of our realationship!

That is cool you guys!!! I agree, before the physical,knowing someone.. thumbup

Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
How did you get proposed to
Which time? laugh

I think I have blocked them all out of my memory. nutz laugh
How many have there been?

I am on my first and ONLY marriage, till death do us part.

Awww...how sweet.... cool smile

Originally posted by Karrie:
This is the best part of our whole wedding. We had a very simple wedding. It cost like 600 reception dress and all. Well his mother paid for us to have a 1 night honeymoon in a hotel down town. Well when we got there the appologized and said that the honey moon suite was unexpectedly under construction someone had crashed their car through the building. Well fine who cares we just said any room is fine we went to our room there on the dresser was a basket with fruit and wine in it said congrats newly weds. It was placed lovely on the dresser between 2 single beds. lol The look on Ricks face was priceless. He wouldn't even come in to the room. He just stood in the hall with the suitcase, saying what were they thinking, I ain't gonna push those beds together. lol I had to go down to the front desk and ask them what they were thinking all along Rick stands in the hall way mad as I have ever seen him. The were like oops but couldn't find us another room. We went home.
Trust me I WOULD have found a way!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh grinnnn grinnnn grinnnn

Originally posted by Triss:
WOW Rita, I thought I was the only one who met my hubby online!
Well that makes 3 of us, I met Margo on line.

Originally posted by ChristinaC:
Awww...how sweet.... cool smile
Now she may kill me and get to that part early. laugh Duh Duh Duh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I met Mark through a work friend....she had a huge camping out party and he just happened to stop by...see in the country people just stop even if they aren't invited. laugh

He would come stay with me Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Saturday nights. So we saw each other almost every day. It wasn't like dating because we were almost always together.

Too funny Pat!

Of course in my case I did the asking.

It wasn't one of down on one knee kind of things, after I finally got up the nerve I just asked her.

And she said yes, she knew I was going to ask.

We have been married 7 years last May 1st.

Of course I told her up front there would be nothing physical until AFTER we got married.

I had been in those kind of relationships before and they don't work.

I had gone through a string of bad relationships before, it's strange how some people like to play their little games.

The relationship before this one was with a person that knew how to push the right buttons, and when she was done, she would rip your heart out and stuff it down your throat.

So this one was going to be different.

So cool to read....:-) I do agree till death do us part...people are fooled into thinking it is greener...if it is bad, yes go...in my case if this would end, I am done, 1 shot...I would not do it again...That is just me..

I do not care if you met online or in a library...if you have love you are blessed!be happy each and every moment you can!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, this one is forever for me. thumbup He's my best friend.....awwwww, isn't that sappy? shocked There wasn't anything physical with us for quite a while and he came out and told me he respected me more it. thumbup

I agree on forever as well. Would have probably been married to my first had he not cehated cuz other than that, I believe everything can be worked through.

I am very lucky and blessed to have met Dan and to have a man who loves not only me but my two boys just as much the children we have had together.

I think ,like you said loz..respecting you, for not physical relations so soon...so many have lost there values! Like I said, if your happy, that is all that matters...

Triss, cheating is a terrible thing, I have a friend going through that now, and I cannot tell her what to do, as honestly, you never really know till your there...I can sit and say walk...but will not judge. hard call!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard