This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally posted by Tonya:
I have one of those thorns, Diane! And I am an angel too! laugh laugh [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]n A lot of us are Tonya! thumbup

Mine is accurate, descriptive, easy to remember, and amuses me...

I have used Amigatec for years now.

Commodore used to make computers, remember the C-64? (I still have mine and about 15 other old Commodores in the Garage.)

Commodore also made the Amiga computer, it was more like a Macintosh, instead of a DOS/Windows PC.

I was somewhat of a Commodore freak at that time, and I REALLY liked my Amiga 4000/040. The Amiga was the computer that brought you the California Raisins, the 'Liquid Metal Man' in Terminator II, the Underwater scenes from Seaquest, and many many more great animations.

But Commodore went Bankrupt in 1995.

I even used to run a small Amiga BBS.

So I started calling myself Amigatec.

Hi,
Well when I joined I had 11 grandkids- I now have 14, but can't change it here- when I first got on line I only had 8 and I used that on the women.com board where I first met Merme-- that was in 98 or 99- 2 computers ago....
Real name is Sherri -
Nana

My log in name is Daisey_Diesel, I guess it doesn't show up here though. It shows as Karrie, I have been daisey_diesel online for 10 years now. Its my yahoo name and it was also the name the truck drivers used to call me when I worked in a grain elevator. This is an interesting thread! Great idea!

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
My real name is Nat. I came up with the name Thornius after learning that I had severe gout. When I told my 25 year old son that I had gout he died laughing and said, "My Dad's turned into a Charles Dickens' character" I LOVE Dickens, so I made up a weird name that would be typical of a Dickens' character. I thought up the name, "Thornius Weatherpink". The full name is a bit long, so I just go by Thornius. I LOVE my real name Nathaniel, or Nat for short, but I also LOVE to take on different personnas and to role-play, so on the computer I am Thornius Weatherpink, Esq. My wife is my housekeeper. "Mrs. Marblepenny". I can just see Thornius upstairs in the room above Mrs. Marblepenny's, sitting on a wing-backed chair, swollen foot propped on an ottoman in front of a small fire, banging the butt of his walking stick on the floor, loudly calling, "Mrs. Marblepenny ! My Brandy, Please!" mad

OP Offline
Thorny..u are too much!!! laugh

What a great name!!!! thumbup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, that's a neat way to pick a name.... thumbup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but does the mrs. object to being mrs. marblepenny? laugh laugh

Too cute! And a great name to boot! thumbup

I'm from Kansas originally so I'm a Jayhawk. That's where my name came from.
On some things I use aKYjayhawk 'cause now this Jayhawk lives in Kentucky.

Now go back a page and read what angelblossom wrote. I can testify to the fact that there are times when the "angel" is entirely fictitious kissies

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
My wife LOVES Mrs. Marblepenny. She LOVES to read like I do and we BOTH LOVE Charles Dickens.

I bet mine is easy to figure out... not too much creativity there!

W
W
According to my wife, I talk about 3 things when driving around, trucks, firewood piles, and trees. Since we heat with wood, which requires chainsaws, and other related equipment and I'm a fledgling woodworker, when autumn comes my beard grows out a nice auburn/dkbrown so it seemed a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine is from Poppy Montgomery (the actress on "Without a Trace") I saw a show where she said her full name is Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue

I liked the Poppy Petal part and thought it would be a cool nickname here...finally months later I registered

My favorite cat was named Charmin (had to keep telling my little neices "don't squeeze the kitty"). My dog's name is Snoopy. That"s how I came up with Charoopy.

OP Offline
Now there's one I've always wondered! I think I may have even googled it at one time. nutz

These are so interesting! I love reading them all!

I am an angel from Dixie... grinnnn

Actually, I used part of my little Jack Russell's name, "Lil' Lady DixieAngel", for my forum name. Couldn't use the whole thing because I was afraid she would sue for identity theft... laugh

Dianna

My board name is after my dogs: Stu and Spot. I also like that when I use this name (and I do use it at several boards I frequent) no one knows for sure that I am a woman. I am. I live with the love of my life and I refer to him as Mr. Stuspot (or Mr. Stu, once people get to know us a bit). grinnnn

ps. You can see pics of how cute they are in the critter forum. luv

wavey Thirteen years ago, I got a tiny pomeranian puppy. First time I saw him I said he was "cute as a button" and it stuck. So his name is Button, and I'm his mom.

Originally posted by ChristinaC:
Now there's one I've always wondered! I think I may have even googled it at one time. nutz

These are so interesting! I love reading them all!
You have to just a bit nerdy nutz to understand. laugh

NOTE: That's Amiga like in Spanish for 'Girl Friend'. The Amiga computer had internal components named after the Wife's and Girl friends of the guys that created it. The chips had names like Agnus (and Fat Agnus) , Lisa, Paula, Gayle, Alice, and Denise, there was even a chip named Gary.

Oh, these are great! thumbup

I always wondered about some, mine is just some letters from my first and last name as is Mel a nickname for my given name.

I've always thought that Melcon6 sounds like a planet or space station in another galaxy.

I have 3 sisters.

Originally posted by Bestofour:
I have 3 sisters.
That's a riot - do they agree?

When it comes to flowers roses are my dream. So my name comes from that love.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard