This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Well....we watched the smoke from a fire to our south all afternoon...there was a big fire 5 miles south of us, and I mean due south, driven by 40 mile per hour winds, heading straight our way...It was mentioned on local news, supposed to send out helicopters...
We ran sprinklers all afternoon in anticipation, no updates on the local channels. This fire was about 1/4 mile from my mom, but to her east, I got her to put her sprinklers out. There was so much smoke that our clothes reek of smoke...about an hour ago, we stopped seeing the clouds of smoke, but we can still smell it.

Oh Dave, that is way too close to home. Were you able to go out and see where they were able to stop the fire?

This is strange we have rain in the forecast this weekend.

Triss...I'm in a very rural area...no telling where the fire was, but somewhere very near my mom...and headed toward us,as well. I think it must be out now, but there's still the smell of smoke in the air.
Yeah, Pat, they're saying 80% chance of rain Saturday...let's keep our fingers crossed!

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Norman...I was watching this on NBC news tonight.
It looks awful...so scarey and sad.

I sure hope it is out. Are you still watering??? Or can you?

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Tonights news said they are evacuating towns in the Panhandle read where Amarillo has an evacuation plan going also. Memphis where my parents got married is in danger of going up as is Paducah I have an Aunt there but they say she and her sister are safe for now. Turkey and all those small towns are in danger from what I understand. Found out my Ex sister in law lost everything in Oklahoma so they are going to Baird Tx outside of Abilene . I wonder if they think that is a safer palce to be. Duh
Jimmy

Oh goodness Jimmy, that is just awful. So sorry that your ex sil lost everything. Will be praying for them. How are the fires right near you?

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
The few we have here right now are under control or out. Just those North West of us and in Oklahoma are the bad ones.
Jimmy

Well I am glad you are safe. I hope you all get some rain soon!

I guess the same fires in the Texas panhandle are still burning...5 days now. No mention of last night's fire on this morning's news. Rain chances near 100% for the weekend! I hope that includes everyone that needs it.

They just said that the fire to our south has flared up again this morning. They still haven't shown exactly where it's at or how big it is, but they did mention the town south of us. A car was seen speeding away just before the fire started yesterday.
The Texas fires have killed 11 people and 10,000 animals.

prayinf for rain for those that are in the fire zones.
stay safe

A lot of the area that is burning is miles and miles of open grass, there's not a lot to stop it.

You get west of I-35, and it mostly open prairie.

We had a bad one just west of Tulsa.

It's really bad when the Weather Radar shows the smoke trails!!!

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
We are getting thunder and lightening now got dogs all exited supposed to get rain hope it rains in your too Pat and Dave. We all need it bad hope we all get as much as we can stand for now and the Panhandle gets enopugh to put out thier fires.
Jimmy

The forecast calls for 90% chance Sat and Sun, and a 30% chance about Thurs. They are talking about 1 to 2 inches.

Hope you all get a bunch!

SE Oklahoma may get 3" or more!!

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Doin' the ole rain dance for you boys...
Hope you get some nice gentle rains... wink kissies angell angell

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Rained softly on and off all night. Raining hard again started about 11:00 this morning very cold here down to 52 an hour ago was 68 so cooling off too fast. Dave,Pat I hope you are getting some of this up there News says you are but knowing what liars most of the weathermen are I seldom beleive them. I think we have gotten around 2 inchs so far. Weather Channel showing rain to Tusla/Jones Airpport and OKC Tinker filed and heavy rain around Ardmore. Hope it is true.
Jimmy

Well it has rained off and on all night and day. We just got back from Tulsa, was raining good in spots.

Went to an Air Show at Jones Airport last year, mostly old warbirds.

It's raining to our south and north but only a trace here so far. Typical luck. At least the chances are good all weekend.

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Still raining from last night here they said about 2 inch so far more predicted until Monday sometime then a light freeze. sounds righ get some rain and then it freezes just what these idiots here need I-35 Ice rink.
Jimmy

The rain has picked up off and on, I doubt it's 1/4 inch yet but more to come! thumbup

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard