This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone ~

FINALLY I just completed my efforts on this paper not five minutes ago and emailed it to our Bishop.

Now I will be all a wide-eyed me waiting to hear back. It's sitting-on-pins-and-needles time.

Also, my discernment group has been formed and we will begin work soon. The participants of this particular "Here I Am, Send Me" group are three seekers, all women, and one facilitator who is already ordained, also a woman as it turns out.

There will be six to eight meetings altogether while we listen to one another as we work on the tasks given to us. By the end of the group, there will be a narration written for each participant, explaining the decision that was made. There are three decisions possible at the conclusion of this group's work:

1) Redirection to Lay Ministry
2) Continuing in the process toward Ordination
3) Withdraw for a time of further reflection

You know already that with all my heart I am hoping for Choice #2 at the end of this. If that is the one, then I will move into the second discernment group which will begin after the first of the year.

Merme

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I have another writing assignment for the HIA group.

I have to write my SPIRITUAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

It is due on November 15th.

I'd rather paint a picture and I'm no artist.

Ouch.

How would YOU go about writing your spiritual autobiography? Where would you even start? What would you say?

Merme

Good question Merme but like the saying goes...start at the beginning...what brought you to god, and i have total faith that the words will flow from you.
Keep us posted ok kissies thumbup

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I found out today I can write my spiritual autobiography as a Time Line instead of a narrative, thank God!

That will keep me focussed and prevent me from writing Volumes I through CCLXIX.

yipee.

Merme

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I also have three essay questions to write:

What is my labor of love?
What is my work of faith?
What is my steadfastness of hope?

I have ideas for each essay and here is what I'm thinking. Weezie, (and anyone else too!) let me know what you think...

I think my "labor of love" is all the ways I've worked with the disenfranchized, the homeless and the needy.

I think my "labor of faith" is all the ways I try to communicate the Good News ... by developing my gifts as a writer and public speaker, as a musician, as a friend. The intense conversations I allow to occur with complete strangers in the most unlikely places in my effort to support them in their difficulties.

I think my "steadfastness of hope" is my perception of how God is with us, in the midst of our circumstances, whether we are aware of His Presence or not. It is a steadfast knowing that He never ever abandons us.

What d'ya think of those ideas?

Merme

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard