This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#145099 January 18th, 2006 at 04:08 AM
Hi there!!!
the house is sooo cute and like everyone said, there is a TON of potential. The yard will be great once you get it fixed up, under the windows i would put some window boxes to add color to the front and a big pot besside the fornt door, and put that with your flag pole, it will look fantastic. The arbor is definetly a keeper but i am not to fussy on the little fence. Maybe a little garden up the sides with small shrubs would look good.
Good Luck and Congrats!!
Cheers...
Penny

#145100 January 18th, 2006 at 12:29 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Thanks Penny..I like to hear every one's ideas...it DOES have so much potential...
The green siding is a a color I would personally not have put on a house...but at the same time not one that I mind either....I knew I had to try for THIS house because (this is real crazy) about 5 years ago I found the neatest wash tub on a tall stand...the tub is the cream spotted GREEN enamal...I have always had it in my yard and it has never really "matched" anything,,,it was just pretty with petunias flowering over the sides...but it is actually the same exact color of the house....how funny is that!
Well...I didn't hear anything from the relator today as planned...she never returns calls when she says she will...maybe tomorrow....maybe it will be good news....

~V~

#145101 January 18th, 2006 at 12:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm praying for good news for you V!!!! kissies angell

#145102 January 18th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Hi Vanessa,
i to hope that the news is good, the house is adorable and there is so much potential with it.
The color isnt so bad on the house and from what you said about the wash tub, maybe its meant to be. You have to keep me posted on the progress of how its going, but please dont get rid of thr arbor out front, i would love to have an arbor but in my fornt yard the is no place for one, i have a hedge about 3 1/2 feet high that runs along the property, but i have to admit its good for keeping people off the grass, the hedge hurts!!!
Hopefully you will have great news today....
Cheers...
Penny

#145103 January 18th, 2006 at 11:21 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Nope..I wouldn't EVEN think of getting rid of the arbor...as a matter of fact...I am thinking of adding another one! The exsisting one will have to be repaired but it is certainly a keeper!!!

Vanessa...we're all praying you get that house! And I don't pray!
thumbup

The prize is....

An all expense paid trip to Ferguson Street to paint,caulk, till and plant!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

~V~

#145104 January 18th, 2006 at 11:26 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
The prize is....

An all expense paid trip to Ferguson Street to paint,caulk, till and PLANT!!!!!
Vanessa...I doubt if I would win a contest, but I might show up to paint, caulk, till and plant anyway! I'm trying my best to figure out how to get there this spring. grinnnn

Cindy Pearl

#145105 January 18th, 2006 at 11:43 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
! I'm trying my best to figure out how to get there this spring.
I'll come get you...it may be by horse back cuz I think hay is cheaper than gas right now... laugh

Now...if I can just figure out a way to get that backhoe here.... kissies
~V~

#145106 January 19th, 2006 at 12:35 AM
Hi Vanessa, wavey
glad to hear that the arbor is staying, it will look great once it is fixed up Duh provided that all goes well with the sale.
i would LOVE to get started on my gardens BUT we have snow and that wont happen until April muggs

#145107 January 19th, 2006 at 12:50 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
have you any thoughts as to what you are going to do to the outside?
Yeah...my thoughts are...I'm gonna let everybody here TELL me what to do! laugh I have seeds from most everybody here to get started with...so this is TRUELY going to be a GH yard, that will be what will make it special...since I am getting to start with a clean slate...
I am also thinking of having everyone send me a rock (a small one) for the rock garden...so I will have a rock from everywhere representing the forum...I am really a sap when it comes to sentimental things...and I think that would be just awsome!

~V~

#145108 January 19th, 2006 at 12:50 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
The point being...

I can't kill a ROCK!!!! laugh laugh laugh

~V~

#145109 January 19th, 2006 at 01:11 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Rocks?? laugh ok I have a fossil I will sent you . Got it when we were digging basement for one of these tall buildings in Dallas if my memory serves me right I think it was found about 100 ft below ground level while we were excavating the site in the 80's.
Jimmy

#145110 January 19th, 2006 at 01:37 AM
thumbup and i agree it would very whimsy indeed. Let me know when you want the rocks sent, where i live we have a shale near by and there are all kinds of fossils in them, they really are quite neat wink . i was thiknig about what you said about everyone helping witht the garden, i have a neighbor that plants thngs at night, she likes how she cant see and that each time is unique when they bloom, i dotn knwo if i would have the nerve for that!!! muggs
Penny

#145111 January 19th, 2006 at 04:45 AM
LOVE the rock idea Vanessa, you will have to let us know when you want them. Now to find a rock as I need them for my garden as well and none in sight.

Any news from the realtor today???

#145112 January 19th, 2006 at 05:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool idea with the rocks....

I have lots of them around here, actually when Jiffy was here she was having us stop so she could get rocks to take back for her rock garden! Duh

#145113 January 19th, 2006 at 06:55 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Nana should have some petrified rock near her. If not she could go to the Garden of the Gods and sneak a rock or petrified wood out. laugh Also west Coasters mainly the ones in Ca. should be able to come up with some.
Jimmy

#145114 January 19th, 2006 at 07:03 AM
Got rocks. Just let me know when.
A friend of mine in New Zealand sends all of her friends looking for natural 'heart' shaped rocks. Hand sized. That is so cool. I keep on looking.
~Tina

#145115 January 19th, 2006 at 09:11 AM
[Linked Image]

DOING THE PEANUTS HAPPY DANCE for Vanessa, Ruf, and our own Peanut!!! kissies
We've certainly got rocks here in Rockland County! laugh
I'll have to look for some pretty ones once this weather pretties up. wink
Great idea, by the way! idea

#145116 January 19th, 2006 at 09:29 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Send them ANYTIME now...I HAVE ROOM!!! thumbup

We use to have rose rocks where I lived in Oklahoma...they were so pretty...wvwn our driveway had a ton of them...but I haven't seen any in years!
Okay..here's the question...is there anyway to PERMAENANTLY mark a rock? I was trying to think of a way to write the name of who sent it on the bottom...is that possible? I am SOOOO excited!!!

Penny..I actually do a lot of planting by the light of the moon..my grandfather had a "saying" about it..(and I can't think of it right now) but it was suppose to assure a healthy crop for the Indians...I cheat a little and have a flouresent flash light that helps my feeble eyes...but it has always worked...I seem to hang with what works... thumbup

I gotta get the cleaning/painting done first before we really start digging...but I really can't safely start planting for a few months anyway...so the timing will work out perfectly!!!

~V~

#145117 January 19th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
I am sure planting by the light of the moon came about cuz people with kids had NO OTHER TIME to do it cept when the kids were in bed.

#145118 January 19th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, that is exactly why I started doing so much..that and insomnia.. For a long time after Peanut's surgery...he couldn't be outside mush because of his lung...so I rarely got to go out and it was killing me...I thrive in the sunshine..it is life to me and I live outdoors in the summer because I cannot tolorate air conditioning...so...it was nothing for hub to come in of swing shift at midnight and me be out in the back yard gardening...we had a wonderful privacy fence so it was really nice...we wont have a privacy fence here so my new neighbors are gonna think a crazy has moved in!!!!

Well, actually they wont have to "think" about it much...they will know for sure.... :rolleyes:

~V~

#145119 January 19th, 2006 at 05:22 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa my granddad said your crops have to be planted in the dark of the moon before May first. meaning the moon cycle he didn't plant at night. We use to hace what they called desert rose in New Mexico was calcite rock in perfect shape of a rose. If I still had any oe new if there were still any around I would get you some. Maybe next time I go back home I can find some for you.
Jimmy

#145120 January 19th, 2006 at 08:57 PM
Vanessa I'm so pleased for you and your family.
flw flw clp

#145121 January 19th, 2006 at 11:43 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Vanessa,
Okay..here's the question...is there anyway to PERMAENANTLY mark a rock? I was trying to think of a way to write the name of who sent it on the bottom...is that possible? I am SOOOO excited!!!
I know spray paint eventually chips off..
But if you find a tool, like they would etch or carve into the stone *kinda like a tombstone*
Thats' the only way I know of, to make it permenate...

I keep looking back at the first pictures..
Ohhhhhhhh, how I would love to have that arbor..
I just think there's sooooooo many flower's you could have growing up there.. I'd have to have about 23 arbors to grow all the vines that would look reallllly beautiful there...

#145122 January 20th, 2006 at 12:44 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I know Weezie...I am having a REAL hard time deciding just what I want to plant for the arbor..and I plan on adding another one by the gate when we fence the yard...so that will give me another "vining" place! I am really WAY excited about the rock garden as well...I am HOPING (hint hint) that Bill will kind of do a lay out of how I can do it..(hint hint)he has a way of laying that stuff out where they just have that really "natural" neat look!!!
I am so ready to get in the yard that I am having a hard time putting together the plan of action for the inside!!!! laugh

~V~

#145123 January 20th, 2006 at 01:26 AM
I'll send you a rock also but the way it's been snowing you might have to wait until June. laugh

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard