This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#146662 December 1st, 2006 at 01:08 AM
Dianna, it must be so very hard to helplessly watch the slow decline of a life-mate, & it makes the holidays particularly difficult to deal with. ters Praying that Larry & Virginia will find comfort & strength in their faith.

My family seems to be on a "falling apart" streak these days! Carol's (Murph's) hubby, Clay is diabetic & epileptic, & he had 3 grand mal seizures yesterday. He's in the Critical Care Unit at the hospital. Carol is still on the mend after being hospitalized a few weeks ago with the MRSA infection (Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus), & Clay's situation certainly isn't helping her recovery, as her energy & strength levels are slow to return.

LaRelle remains off work as her Dr waits for the radiology report from her back X-rays & is scheduling an MRI on her back. Her situation has her anxious because the paychecks have stopped, her rent is due, & her Christmas shopping isn't done, both which are important to her. We have no idea how long the paperwork will take for disability insurance or workman's comp to kick in, so she's in the midst of waiting games that are pretty hard on the nerves. (And I might add that her tension is hard on MY nerves... especially when she's doped up on pain killers & muscle relaxants!)

My car blowing a head gasket yesterday doesn't help matters, although that's the least of our concerns because the car isn't "in pain"... just one more thing to add to the waiting list! frown

#146663 December 1st, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Dianna, Very hard to know a good friend is suffering, I will be keeping Larry and Virginia in my prayers.

And your entire family as well Patty. I hope LaRelle heals quickly.

No updates on Suzanne's mom. I will email her today and see if they have any new news.

#146664 December 1st, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Patty, I read about all your happenings yesterday in one of the threads and started praying for you. Seems like your family is really getting hit hard right now. Hang in there. God will see you thru...

Thank you, Patty and Triss for praying for Larry and Virginia. I feel so lost as to how to help her besides prayer...

Still praying for all of my friends and their requests...

Dianna

#146665 December 1st, 2006 at 01:52 AM
Dianna, are they close enough to you that you can visit? Make up a couple of meals fo them, see if Virginia needs any shopping done for her?

#146666 December 1st, 2006 at 05:31 AM
Triss, they live right next door. I have made a couple of meals for them, and I am on standby with the telephone for Larry when she goes to the store. He won't let me sit over there with him when he is home. Hard-headed man doesn't want a baby-sitter...

While she has gone back to the hospital, I am feeding her outside dogs for her. They know me pretty well and will let me in the gate. Her smaller dog she leaves in the house with food. She won't leave her with me because she is afraid that Bear might make a mess in the house or fight with Angel...

I ask her what else I can do for her and she just asks me to pray...

Dianna

#146667 December 1st, 2006 at 05:43 AM
Oh that does make it hard. Would she bring over laundry for you to do? I cannot think of a whole lot else that you are not already doing. Such a hard situation.

#146668 December 1st, 2006 at 06:52 AM
Found out today that hubby has colon cancer. Seeing a surgeon tomorrow. It's slowly sinking in. Prayers please. Thank you, Sue

#146669 December 1st, 2006 at 09:56 AM
Sue, prayers being said for your hubby and for you as well while you go through this with him. If there is anything you need, please let us all know. We will be here for you through it all. kissies

#146670 December 1st, 2006 at 10:31 PM
Praying for you and your husband, Sue.

If it will help you to know, Jim's father had colon cancer a couple of years ago and has made a total recovery from it after surgery. He is 72...

Larry came home from the hospital last night. He refused to stay if they couldn't do anything for him...

Dianna

#146671 December 2nd, 2006 at 03:42 AM
Prayers for you both Sue kissies thumbup

#146672 December 2nd, 2006 at 07:47 AM
Jiffy just called and asked I post that her Nephew Jarold was rushed to the hospital by ambulance today with difficulty breathing..
His blood pressure was 178/107.. Jarold is very active in tennis, non smoker, non drinker, soo this was such a surprise to learn it may be his heart.. His Wife Hazel is at the hospital with Jarold now.. and prayers of healing are needed..

Please pray for Jarold and Hazel! And Continued prayers For Jiffy's family , they have endured so much. kissies angell angell

#146673 December 2nd, 2006 at 07:52 AM
Praying here...

Dianna

#146674 December 2nd, 2006 at 07:54 AM
Praying here as well. Jiffy, your whole family is in my prayers.

#146675 December 2nd, 2006 at 09:45 AM
Dianna, I needed to hear that!! Thanks. Saw a surgeon today. Game plan-6 wks of radiation and chemo, 6 wks of rest, and then surgery. We have a good feeling. A complete recovery is possible barring no unforseens. Thanks for your prayers.

Prayers going up for your family as well as Jiffys. Hugs to all. Sue

#146676 December 2nd, 2006 at 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sue, i know several people who have made complete recoveries. i'm praying for you, destiny, justin, dianna's neighbor, and all of my garden family and their families.

diane, thanks for posting for me. i talked to hazel again, and they still don't know anything.

#146677 December 2nd, 2006 at 01:03 PM
The waiting is so difficult Jiffy. I hope you get word soon. How is Ellie holding up tonight with all of this going on?

#146678 December 2nd, 2006 at 01:23 PM
Ongoing prayers for the people listed earlier, as the newer names are added to my list. (Sue & her hubby, Jarold, Hazel & all of Jiffy's family.)

Clay is home from the hospital now & under the care of his family Dr, who is making new adjustments with his meds. Carol continues to regain her physical stamina.

LaRelle is still waiting for word on when she can have the MRI on her back. The pain meds are working better for her, but she still feels pretty punk.

I talked with Beckie today & she's hanging in there... staying busy & trying to focus her energies on other things while she waits for her MRI that's scheduled for next week.

Talked to my SIL too (also in St Louis) & to Patti (Patches 1414) who lives across the bridge from there. My SIL has had a couple brief power outages, but Patti has been without power since last night & she heard that it may not be restored for 4 days.

Ice storms started there yesterday & tree tops fell in Patti's area. (She had some big branches fall on her roof when I was talking to her late last night.) She tried to find propane canisters for her Coleman lamp today, so she'd have some heat & light, but they were sold out everywhere she was able to drive to. (She called her neighbor, who is a long-haul truck driver, & he will try to locate some for her on his way home - due in tomorrow.) Meanwhile, she's frustrated, bored & cold, & is thankful for her flashlight. It's currently 22* (wind chill factor at 17*) in the St Louis area & the mercury is expected to dip down to 12* tonight. She's snuggled up with Boogie Bear (her cat) for now, so they can both stay warm.

I'm sure that our prayers would be appreciated for the communities without power in the bitter cold, & for the folks who have to commute on icy roadways.

#146679 December 2nd, 2006 at 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update on Patti. Sure does not sound very good for her right now. I hope her power comes back on very soon and she can get warm again.

#146680 December 2nd, 2006 at 08:49 PM
Praying for you all.....

#146681 December 4th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i too am praying for all. i have an update on jarold, good news. hazel called me last night, he is home, and on blood pressure meds. his heart was not enlarged, he has severe GERD, and that caused a mis-diagnosis on the part of the family dr, but the cardiologist ruled out actual heart problems. he goes back to the cardiologist next week for a follow up.

thank you for keeping us all in your prayers. i'm still at ellie's, i'll go home tomorrow night, then come back probably next weekend.

#146682 December 4th, 2006 at 09:55 AM
That is wonderful news Jiffy. Prayers answered for Jarold and Hazel. angell

#146683 December 4th, 2006 at 02:26 PM
Great news Jiffy!! clp clp

CAUTION- GRAPHIC!! teech
My friend's mom is not doing so well- She does not have insurance and the hospital has sent her home even though she has a history of colon cancer and a possible/probable blockage somewhere in her intestines causing vomiting and an inability to eat. She can barely stand and they discharged her mad mad She cannot have a bowel movement and her "vomit" has the consistency of coffee grounds...NOT GOOD! Chris is afraid the cancer is back and causing the blockage.....Please pray they find something soon- Chris is out of work and can not afford to be with 2 kids and a deadbeat hubby. :p

#146684 December 4th, 2006 at 04:26 PM
What a relief, Jiffy! clp I would think that when a person's blood pressure is as high as his was, severe reflux could easily be misinterpreted as a heart issue (& I'm sure it feels like it, too!) I'm keeping you family in my prayers as you all get back on your feet.

Tonya, what a nightmare! shk I assume that Chris is the daughter of this very sick woman, but none-the-less, I've added her & her family to my list.

I talked to Patti again tonight. She's on her 4th day with no power & no heat. Her neighbor was able to bring her some propane canisters, so she doesn't have to sit around in total darkness after 4:30 now. (She does have a gas stove in her kitchen, which is a real blessing right now.) The news reports 137,000 people in Illinois without power... (Patti says 137,001, because she thinks they forgot about her!) laugh She sounds to be in good spirits, although she'd just love to take a "real" bath & turn on her TV. Now that her long weekend is over, she can get back to school where she can be warm.

Remember to give thanks for the many blessings we do have. [Linked Image]

#146685 December 5th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
Tonya, Praying fro Chris and her mom. Very difficult situation all the way around.

Patti is also in my prayers. I cannot imagine 4 days without power and am happy to hear she at least got the propane so she can have light at night.

#146686 December 5th, 2006 at 11:20 AM
Please continued Prayers for my niece she's still having test in Mayo clinic she's had a bone marrow biopsy, and continued bleeding is being a problem and more test will be tomarrow.. and the stay was longer that expected.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard