This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#155804 January 12th, 2007 at 09:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That would be very nice..
but I am just getting over a norovirus (stomach flu bug of sorts)..
And am still not quite out of the woods so to speak..
*not to mention, I'm super directionally challenged (no internal compass and would need my husband to get me anywhere's that would require reading a map) and we're budget broke...
(darned one income anyways) eek :rolleyes: *

But I soooo enjoy cool and am thrilled kissies

#155805 January 12th, 2007 at 09:36 AM
Hi eveeryone,

I have more photos of Otts if you would like me to post them...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

or here's a link to my photobucket page on Otts
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Otts%20Greenhouses/

Check out all the pics...it's a great place to take photos, go through all the pages you will enjoy.... smile

[Linked Image] thumbup

smile

#155806 January 12th, 2007 at 09:46 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That Jade plant is AWESOMELY COOOOOOOL!!
I love it...
You have got to find out how they did that for me grinnnn !!!

#155807 January 12th, 2007 at 01:06 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by joclyn:
i think we're basically set for the 21st.

you going to make a day-trip of it and join us??
The 20th is the saturday....I was wrong when I first requested the 21st.

...and it would be cool if you could come up, loz. It wouldn't be tooooo bad of a drive! We have TONS of highway-ish roads in PA. smile total sidenote here...Pa has more paved roads than NY and all of the New England states combined!!!!

#155808 January 12th, 2007 at 06:48 PM
Good morning everyone,

There are a few nice resturants near Otts..you have Mochias in Schwenksville, Collegeville has a few nice resturants too. Skippack is only a few miles down the road with Skippack Village having alot of cool quaint shops....they have alot of neat one of a kind type shops. Skippack also has Basta Pasta resturant. Good food.
You may want to check (or I could) to see what time Otts closes on Saturdays and plan accordingly.....maybe an early dinner then Otts
or Otts first then dinner.

Direct link to all of the Otts photos on the bucket....nice preview.... http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Otts%20Greenhouses/
I'll stop by this afternoon and see what their hours are for you) I drive past everyday....lol and dream on my way home..... smile

Also you may want to meet in the first parking lot at the Perkiomen Valley High School, as you would have more room to park cars when meeting.

Otts looks beautiful all the time by the 20th they will probably be doing the Valentines day plants....you want to check inside and out as there is alot to see and it's hard to take a photo of the mountain inside....it doesn't look like much right now but when they do their magic it looks marvelous....lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I wanted to buy this pitcher plant....75 dollars, well worth it but I'd be afraid of killing it.....

Have a great day

Charlotte

[Linked Image]

#155809 January 13th, 2007 at 04:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, that is a typo on my part, jenn!!! i meant the 20th!!

man! that jade IS gorgeous!!! i don't remember seeing it tho...

i think they're open to 8 on saturday. could be only until 6 tho...if you can check it, charlotte, that would be wonderful!

because it may be cold that day, i'd think lunch or an early dinner and then some shopping would make sense...we wouldn't want any purchases to chill too much in the car while we're in the restaurant!!

is mochias an italian place like the basta pasta? and skippack village is a nice idea too...tons of neat little shops and restaurants - it's a really quaint 'village' shopping district!

#155810 January 13th, 2007 at 05:09 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Like I said, I LOVE lunch menus!! laugh Just tell me a time and a place and I'll be there.....with hubby in tow. smile

#155811 January 13th, 2007 at 05:49 AM
Hi everyone
I checked on the hours for Otts this morning They're open 9:00 am til 6:00 pm on Saturdays
So does that change things?

[Linked Image]

kratz7

#155812 January 13th, 2007 at 06:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i think that will work out just fine.

we can meet for a late lunch and then go roaming around the greenhouse for a couple of hours.

sounds good to me!!

#155813 January 13th, 2007 at 10:08 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, where are we gonna eat then? smile ....do we wanna meet at noon?

#155814 January 14th, 2007 at 12:38 AM
Good morning all,

There's a place called Mochia's abot 2 miles up the road from Ott's on 29 toward GreenLane, Collegeville Diner, the Trappe (more like a pub/bar....good food) in Collegeville....there are a few more places to go that I don't remember the names of.....

kratz7

#155815 January 14th, 2007 at 06:51 AM
Oh, I'm so jealous! I can't make things work out that I would be able to join you guys. Make sure you take lots of pix and we want the details. Have a great time. This is neat. smile Sue

#155816 January 14th, 2007 at 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sue, you've GOT to try an make it!!!

k. did some checking on restaurants, thanks, for the ideas, char!

how many of us are there going to be? i'm thinking at least 10 - maybe as many as 15?

we need to do a head-count!!

the trappe tavern great food that it has, might be too small - plus, the way they're set up, we really wouldn't be able to sit at the same table (or even push a couple together).

there's a great american pub in collegeville...they're a small chain and their food is excellent (and nothing over $20); they have a mix of different types. i called and they have plenty of space so that we can sit together - we'd need to set a reservation tho.

moccia\'s train stop their menu looks good! (mostly italian stuff) and prices aren't bad either (same as GAP). it'd be a little tighter there. although they can fit a group in, they don't take reservations - would appreciate a phone call a day ahead for a heads-up tho.

any of the three are within 10 minutes of ott's - so they're all convenient. i think GAP would be the best - they've got a full second floor, so we wouldn't be taxing their space/taking it from their regular clientelle...

#155817 January 14th, 2007 at 11:58 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok...headcount time!!!!!

2 of us here....Me and Stephen

#155818 January 16th, 2007 at 11:43 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
eek eek We just found out that a friend of ours who has been fighting an aggressive cancer for the last 2 years died yesterday and his memorial service is on Saturday. It is 2 hours away, so there is no way that I'll be able to make it to our get together. eek eek I'm soooooo bummed out.

#155819 January 16th, 2007 at 05:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, i'm sorry to hear about your friend!! {{jenn}}

we can push the get-together back a week. that would be okay with me.

#155820 January 17th, 2007 at 03:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, darn it! i've got to back out to, for this weekend...

what other date is good for everyone?? the 27th or 28th i could do or the 3rd or 4th of february.

#155821 January 17th, 2007 at 06:06 AM
Hi everyone,

We could wait until next weekend, or in early February. Or we could plan ahead again and actually go in early spring when the hill will be planted with beautiful flowers. Right now the hill is dirt,pretty would be up to individual discretion.Inside the greenhouse is always beautiful.
I could visit this place everyday...lol smile

Winter photo

[Linked Image]

spring or Summer
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would never want to talk anyone out of the trip,I think it would be great to meet everyone.... smile

Has anyone ever been to Longwood Gardens in Kennett(?) Square PA?
This is also an awesome place to visit.....

[Linked Image]

#155822 January 17th, 2007 at 08:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, longwood gardens is lovely...i went there at christmas a couple of years ago - beautiful displays!

#155823 January 17th, 2007 at 07:06 PM
So when are all of you interested in getting together? It would still be nice to meet everyone.....
Check your calendars.......and keep us posted..... smile
please

Kratz7

#155824 February 2nd, 2007 at 07:18 AM
S
S
just thought i give ya a some info thumbup
buglady is gonna be at the flower show next month in philly clp wish i lived closer, maybe you could all get together for the flower show?

#155825 February 2nd, 2007 at 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks! i saw her post, too.

#155826 February 4th, 2007 at 02:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sibyl, please refresh my memory, what part of pa do you live in?

#155827 February 10th, 2007 at 07:33 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
she lives in western PA, Jiffy.

I was going to post a thread to see if anyone was going to the flower show. I'm planning on going...but we usually end up going on a weekend day because Stephen's uncle takes us into the city. He knows where to park and everything and then after the show, we go to China Town for dinner.

I was hoping to go to one of the teas at the show...does anyone else go to that?

#155828 February 10th, 2007 at 07:38 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
If you do that, go to that flower Show
Please make sure you guys find Suzanne *The Buglady* I know she'd get a biggggggggg kick
out of seeing and meeting everyone...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard