This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think on the edge it is far easier to do a single crochet than to do a slip stitch. With the slip stitch you will pick up the edge(stitch) and pull it through in one motion. I find it a lot easier to pull it through, yarn off and two loops off -- an sc(single crochet)

I have not crocheted in days -- why -- I have to do a border on a blanket!!!

I get both of those stitches - you all are soooo funny!

I might attempt the border if we have a snowday tomorrow. So far, it has not started here yet...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh...I got the snow and ice day... but still no border here either!!!

Hubby got me a book of Afghan patterns for Valentine's day... I love that! (its 'not that romantic he called and asked did I have it already or not)

So, Hubby is cracking up because I am thinking about making another blanket/afghan from the new book and this will leave 3 that "just" need the edge put on them (that's 3 he knows about p )

Have a great day all!

Maybe I'try the coffeehouse again - I just can't get comfortable with how to get to new posts and keep up with things... I am a bit ADHD and forget and walk away without answers to previous posts and I can never find old stuff! That's life in the big city I guess!

What a great gift, Jane!!!

My hubby is not creative enough in that manner to think of something like that. Though he is VERY handy in making all sorts of things from wood, and scraps, etc...

Can't wait to see some of your works - even if they don't have that ever elusive border on them yet! laugh Duh perpl

Jane, nice book!! Those unfinished should be your American Idol projects!!!

As for losing posts, if you reply to something and want to keep track of it. If you click "Full Reply Form" at the bottom on the left is a box for email notification. You click that and if someone responds, an email will be sent to you. It is nice for those topics you do not get to so often or if you post a specific question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finished a baby blanket! I call it blanket because, well it is one - With border it's about 38"x 50" and 100% baby cotton.
[Linked Image]

I like to make this blanket. If you notice it is verigated but the stripy patches are at a diagonal. [Linked Image]
I really like this pattern and diagonal varigated look. The pattern is called "Diagonal" and you start with 4 stitches and do increase rows until it is a huge triangle and then you do the opposite. I love the way you speed to the finish as the rows get smaller -- you finish with 4 stitches too!
ONE UNFINISHED PROJECT DONE!!!!!!!
clp clp I'll even clap for myself on this one clp clp

VERY NICE WORK, Jane!!! thumbup

What a nice blanket, and I love the colors!
Is this earmarked for someone special?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Lynne,
It's not earmarked for anyone at all. I am stocking up on baby blankets in hopes of grandkids. I will also have lots of grand nieces and nephews in the not to far future.

If you have not done that edge you have waiting, I was wondering have you thought about using your tapestry needle and whipping a nice stitch to even the sides out and make them more uniform? I've done that from time to time with good result. I think you're right the piece is meant to have a thick border at the top and bottom only.

I got a lot of sugar babies yarn very cheaply. I'been making stuff and making stuff for two years now and I still have too much of it left.

I made my sister in law a wonderful "chill chaser"(my most favorite pattern) from the natural cream cotton color sugar babie. I wish I had that one back. Giving stuff away doesn't always bring the joy you hope for.

I have a lot of very strong pink. I need to come up with an idea for it.

The birds are wild today. I'm off to watch them some more!

I don't know about doing stitches with a tapestry needle, Jane.
Have any samples?

What's a "chill chaser" - is that a kind of blanket?

My cats are going wild today running from sliding glass door, to sliding glass door trying to chase all the birds on the deck. I threw some bread out there along with the seeds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynne,
I have an awful habit of confusing things - Your yarn needle is all I meant. I think it's actually a tapestry needle, isn't it? It's got a bigger eye and it's not sharp pointy is fatter rounder point?

It's the one I use to bury all loose ends. You sew afgahns together - that needle. I just make everything so confusing Duh

Chill chaser is favorite pattern in one the Leisure Arts Books. I love Leisure Arts patterns. I make more afghans a second time from their recipes than any other. I think my triangle to a blanket blanket you just saw is Leisure Arts too.

Here is a 1/2 finished one (boy - the right thread for it too!)
[Linked Image]
Can you see how the ripples keep their shape so tidily - very cool ripples. It is a lot of fun to play with on a hard surface. The ripple slide and keep shape. The picture is not so easy to tell that. Here is another shot of it
[Linked Image]
I also like the that back side of the work is the front of the afghan.
It's the same thing over and over though when making it. Two row repeated until you can't see straight. It's perfect for TV watching when you really don't want to pay attention to what you are doing.

That's very pretty too, Jane!
It's crocheted, right?

I knew what you meant about the needle and yarn - I've just not done anything like that yet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard