This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#41691 September 11th, 2006 at 04:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW Dianna! Simply incredible! wavey

#41692 September 14th, 2006 at 08:02 PM
OP Offline
You must have a steady hand too to capture those shots.
Those were the best of the bunch of pics I took, flowingchild. Had a few more, but were too blurry to post... wink

You are SO lucky (and so is she)!
She was very lucky, Tomacco! My little Angel is on the deck sometimes playing with her ball and she would have thought that she was a little stuffed animal to play with... grinnnn

That takeoff pic is AMAZING!!!
Tonya, I just wish I could have caught a picture of what looked like her telling me "thank you" after she took off. She turned around and hovered for just a few seconds right in front of my face after I released her. cool

What an awesome experience to hold such a delicate creature in your hand.
Patti, it was a humbling experience to me. I was so amazed at how tiny she really was. I KNOW that hummingbirds are wee, little things, but to hold such a tiny creature in the palm of my hand...

Simply incredible!
It was incredible, Loz. And any other adjective that you could conjure up!

I think my hummers are flying south now. I have only spotted two at the feeders in the last couple of days. I will miss them while I am outside working or sitting on the deck...

Dianna

#41693 September 19th, 2006 at 06:45 PM
OP Offline
Well, all but two of my hummers have flown the coop! ters

I am wondering if one is the female that hit the door and if she is still recuperating and if the other stayed behind to take care of her? Do birds do things like that?

I sure will miss 'em when they migrate, too...

Dianna

#41694 September 19th, 2006 at 07:23 PM
T
T
Three weeks now and my hummers have definitely 'flown the coop.' I chastised them for not leaving me a note they were going. I mostly miss them arguing over who has feeder rights, zooming around my head, or coming over and hovering right next to my face (like they're trying to tell me a secret). Of course, I'm holding my breath in awe as they stare me down!

I'll know they're back because they always come the window (wherever I am in the house) and hover, as if they're looking for an old friend smile

Not to worry, they'll be back in no time and that's our qeue to get back out in the garden!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard