This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4501 April 2nd, 2004 at 04:06 AM
Jillie Offline OP
OP Offline
WEEZ!!!! muggs

#4502 April 2nd, 2004 at 04:06 AM
Jillie Offline OP
OP Offline
oops...double-post....help, hostesses... kissies

#4503 April 2nd, 2004 at 04:14 AM
The Mickey D's here in Pa. has it. And they have the new chicken nuggets made out of only white meat...I swear they've changed the breading on those too because we grinnnn

#4504 April 2nd, 2004 at 04:19 AM
A thought that just entered my mind...

Did anyone see one of the Oprah's last week...she did a chicken recipe. You basically take a whole roasting chicken and cut the back out of it and then put it in a gallon ziplock bag. Put some olive oil in it, salt and pepper, some rosemary that has been pulled apart a little bit, and a red onion cut up. Put it in the frig from 2 hours to 2 days (the longer the more flavor it soaks up). Then you just dump it all into a cassarole dish, cover with foil and bake......voila...dinner. I did that on Monday and it was sooooo good. I cut up some yellow and red peppers with it too. And did some yukon gold potatoes made into mashed potatoes (those make thebest, ya know!!) Its definately a time saver ofa recipe! Oh yeah.....put some lemon juice in that bag too. teech crit

#4505 April 2nd, 2004 at 04:24 AM
Jillie Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, man, Jennifer....that sounds GREAT......I LOVE Rosemary-seasoned chicken..... muggs

Gotta try that recipe....

#4506 April 3rd, 2004 at 03:12 AM
oh yeah...it was great....and sooooo tender!!! smile

#4507 April 7th, 2004 at 12:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Left over *pizza
*Salad with romaine lettuce
with mozzerella cheese, green olives, tomatoes, crouton's and a tiny bit of Italian Dressing.
*Garlic Bread
with butter, garlic powder and mozzerella cheese on the top, done under the broiler or little toaster oven.

Yum~Yum!!!

Weezie

#4508 April 8th, 2004 at 11:05 PM
Chicken breasts baked in the oven, asparagus, mashed yukon gold potatoes (my fav), and salad made of romaine, iceburg, green leaf, and boston lettuces. No dessert unless I feel like making it (which I totally doubt!) shocked

#4509 April 10th, 2004 at 05:33 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We had a Fish Fry with French Fries, Cole Slaw,
and Rolls w/butter!!!
So gooooooooood!!!

Weezie

#4510 April 11th, 2004 at 05:09 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Man, that fish sounds good! I could eat fish everyday for the rest of my life and not get tired of it! (Especially fresh Walleye!!!)
Yummmmm....

#4511 April 11th, 2004 at 05:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Tonight we went to a Chinese Buffet with
a bit of Italian/Amereican food mixed in the buffet line.......

I only eat the mixed veggies with the Broccoli and white rice, but then I tried a couple of other veggie dishes, and I LOVE those hard noodles with the soy sauce...

Hubby and Father~in~Law had shrimp (about 5 different ways), and meatballs, and something on a stick but I don't want to know!!! Something squwishy looking that was chicken and honey sauce or something,...
Desserts were fresh watermelon, musk and cantalope, pineapples, and apples, jello, chocolate pudding and of course those fortune cookies!!! (Each one of the fortune's inside HIT each of us right on the button, it was ironic!!)

Oh, My, Gosh, open both sets of doors and roll us out!!! YUMMMMY!!!!

Weezie

#4512 April 11th, 2004 at 06:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a simple meal tonight......fish, and mac and cheese, and apple cobbler.....

But, later today will be a feast. Dennys for my free BD meal in the morning(it's a tradion--and why not, it's free?), BBQ in the afternoon, and dinner at the in laws a little after that.....time for the elastic waisted pants maybe......lol laugh

#4513 April 13th, 2004 at 03:48 AM
Tonight was chicken and salad....although I opted for cereal for some reason. I just didn't feel like eating the chicken that I had made.

Hey Weezie...wanna know the fun thing about fortune cookie messages??? Add the phrase "in bed" to the end of any of them and it makes them halarious!!! laugh

Tomorrow I am making salmon. I don't know how tho. Anyone have an idea?? My father-in-law was in Alaska during salmon season, so we have a freezer full of salmon fillets. Its soo good fresh like that. Not like the stuff you get at
the fish market.

So, this week is the last week of "freedom" for us. Next week we plan to start the South Beach Diet. The first 2 weeks of it is no dairy, bread, fruit, sugar.....very rough. But after that its good...they reintroduce all of that stuff then. We really need to loose the weight (and never find it again! laugh ) So wish us luck!

#4514 April 18th, 2004 at 11:12 PM
I am so beat from a long weekend in the garden I do not feel like cooking anything at all....time to order pizza. We have a place called bubba's that has the best deep dish dinosaur pizza I have ever eaten. It has a 2 inch thick garlic & butter crust, fresh green peppers, mushrooms, onion & pepperoni with 3 cheeses....YUMMY, I have gained 5 pounds just thinking about it. grinnnn

#4515 April 19th, 2004 at 12:10 AM
Tonight, leftover Chinese for us. General Tso's Chicken and pork fried rice for him and Bourbon Chicken with vegetable fried rice for me. Maybe salad too...dunno yet.

#4516 April 20th, 2004 at 12:45 AM
Stuffed green peppers, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls & chocolate cheese cake for dessert...I am stuffed. The weather finally turned around, rain has stopped, so I need to get out in the garden & work this meal off lol smile

#4517 April 20th, 2004 at 04:10 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Jennifer,
Did you do those salmon things yet???
I don't do the steaks or anything,
but my neighbor used to,
and she used to put her's on the grill
in one of those tinfoil bags...
*I think she made her own bag really*,
laid a big flat sheet on the counter top
and put the steaks in the middle and pulled
the sheet up over the sides!!!
I don't remeber exactly what she used to put in them, I should email her and ask!
Maybe something just like white wine...
I'll repost if she let's me know!

Weezie

(*I do salmon patties with the red~salmon
in the can with crackers and egg)

#4518 April 20th, 2004 at 05:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chrissy that sounds good..... thumbup

We had the turkey deli wrap meals from McDonalds tonight.....only because I've had a severe headache all day and didn't want to cook.....They are actually really good....

#4519 April 20th, 2004 at 07:08 AM
Jillie Offline OP
OP Offline
For the millionth time I had a build-it-yerself-everything-in-the-world-on-it salad at Cedars-Sinai Hospital cafeteria...with about a half-gallon of Ranch..

I've gained 9 lbs since JoAnn's been sick.. shk shk shk

#4520 April 20th, 2004 at 02:40 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Jillie,
After eating salad for the millionth time,
I like to start mixin' my salad dressings
as a change!

I mix a little French with Italian (sometimes too with Green Olive juice).
A little each of Ranch, French and Blue Cheese.
Blue cheese and Ranch.

That way it's like you're eating a different
type of salad everytime, and you don't tire them as easily!!

What else they got on the menu at that hospitol??
My mom loves eating at our local one, she says
they have some nice selections there.!!
(she's been not feeling well the last couple of
days either, and went for a doct. appt. and she
had to eat dinner there!)

Weezie

#4521 April 20th, 2004 at 03:21 PM
Jillie Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, man, Weez, they have a cafeteria AND a restaurant. Everything and every type of food you can imagine, and it's good! The salad bar was always quicker. I love the idea of mixing....especially the green olive juice thumbup

#4522 April 21st, 2004 at 07:10 PM
Weezie~ we make our own foil pouches too. Its way easy and sooo much cheaper than going out and buying them already done. Side note...I don't think the bought pouches would be long enough anyways. The salmon that was caught in Alaska is about 2 foot long!!! Anyways, Stephen made some sort of seasoning by mixing up a bunch of stuff and rubbing it on the salmon and then fried it up in a pan. I usually put it in a pouch and put some chopped rosemary leaves on it, some salt and pepper, some lemon juice...or thinly sliced lemon....and sometimes some dill. Thats about it.

So you were talking about salad up above and it hit close to home. Since we started our diet (which is a really nice one, by the way) we eat salad EVERYDAY. It goes with everything that we make for dinner. We're not aloud to have any sugar at all(there is sugar in dressings), so its hard for me to be happy with salad because I like ranch (which has dairy in it and we're not aloud to have dairy right now) and I like Italian, which has sugar in it. I'm going to go out and look for sugar free italian. ANYWAYS, I've gotten a little creative with my salads. Lately its been different lettuces, eggs, 1 slice of turkey lunchmeat, no more than 12 almonds, broccoli, chopped zucchini, sliced asparagus, and a home made dressing that really isn't too bad. Oh....and since we started the diet on Monday, I'm pleased to announce that I've already lost 3 pounds!!! grinnnn grinnnn We're only supposed to get on the scale once a week...but I HAD to look to see!!! shocked laugh

#4523 April 21st, 2004 at 07:19 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Jennifer,
Congrat's on loosing the pounds (could you
loose a few for me too while you're at it! thumbup )

In the summer I love Romaine
*which is the best for you,
roughage wise and nutrients*
and then
Apple Cider Vinegar
*which is great for loosing weight*
and then I sprinkle Kosher Salt.
I like the coarseness of it, but not too
much if you're watching your salt....

I could eat 10lbs of that salad!!!

Weezie

#4524 April 22nd, 2004 at 01:23 AM
I'm not watching my salt...I actually have LOW sodium! shk I will try your dressing sometime this week or next week. I just have to get to the store and get apple cider vinegar.

The diet is prety easy and I recommend it to anyone who wants to lose. The South Beach Diet. There is a book out that explains all sorts of stuff....but its pretty easy to live with and your never hungry......unless you make yourself hungry!!! The first two weeks are hard, but if you can get through that, then its cake from there.....literally!! smile

#4525 April 22nd, 2004 at 01:34 AM
I need to go on a diet...but I love to eat way too much to ever stick to one. I always cheat lol grinnnn Tonight for dinner I had a sweet tooth so I made homemade belgium waffles with blueberries, strawberries & whip cream. Yummy!!! Good thing gardening weather is here...I need to get back to eating fresh veggies again...I have been craving fresh green peppers & ripe tomatoes like mad. You just can't buy them in the grocery store like you can get them out of the garden.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard