This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#7061 March 29th, 2005 at 04:38 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well if it turned out I could take it down to the greyhound bus station down stairs and have the landlord (he is very tall) ask the bus driver to carry it all the way down on his lap.

But your wedding cake is beautiful.

I suppose I could make it in chocolate and you could have it for a grooms cake. Let me rethink that...nah, way to girly for a grooms cake.

Well I don't have a camara...and the only thing I have ever taken a picture of is my thumb but I'll see what I can figure out ok? disposable camera.....develope film......send snail mail?

#7062 March 29th, 2005 at 07:05 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Well if it turned out I could take it down to the greyhound bus station down stairs and have the landlord (he is very tall) ask the bus driver to carry it all the way down on his lap.
Wouldn't work, you know. The bus driver would get hungry! laugh You would need to come with the cake to ensure its safety. I could promise a party at the end of the trip..... wink And will let you even sing the first song to get the karaoke at the start of the reception started! muggs

Have you got a scanner? You could always scan your pics and post them if you are really serious about making this cake. laugh

Dianna

#7063 March 30th, 2005 at 11:52 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
You are adorable.

I'm disabled and couldn't travel although getting to know you on the forum makes me wish I could.

Enjoy your day.

And if you and your husband ever come up virginia way let me know in advance and I'll have that cake for you.

#7064 March 30th, 2005 at 01:50 PM
OP Offline
There are several people on this board that I would just love to meet and you are definitely one of them! Too bad that life and distance keeps us from traveling to our friends' homes. We all could have a blast together!

I love the idea of a hat cake. I may have to rethink the reception cake. Nawwww....I probably have enough on my plate right now without adding "baker" to the list. laugh

Dianna

#7065 March 30th, 2005 at 06:33 PM
Awwwwww, what an adorable cake topper. wavey

#7066 March 31st, 2005 at 02:44 AM
OP Offline
Would y'all like to see more?

[Linked Image]

Dianna

#7067 March 31st, 2005 at 05:03 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
**Dianna,

Those are sooooooo cute!!!

I love it!!
You've done alot of work there!!

And it looks like it's going to be sooooo
much fun!!!!

**TK, I'll take some of that cake too!!
Weezie

#7068 March 31st, 2005 at 06:49 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Is that the key west lime or the chocolate?

I do have the key west lime somewhere in the recipies section here. And would you want that with the petite fors type icing or the glaze that is more tradional for this type of cake?

#7069 March 31st, 2005 at 06:51 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I hit the wrong button and it posted.

I can send the cake no problem, just not decorated. But if you want the key west lime you have to wait until I recieve my juice. For some reason it's been delayed, i've been waiting over a month for it.

#7070 March 31st, 2005 at 03:14 PM
OP Offline
Weezie, BoNaDi didn't make the cake serving set, the pen set, the flutes, or the cake topper. We ordered them off of E-bay. I have no doubt that we could have, though. Where there's a will, there's a way!

I have decorated heart wreaths to go on the gazebo, if they ever get here to build it. I think it is supposed to rain the rest of this week, so I guess they are waiting on next week. frown

TKH, you keep talking about all those delicious cakes and I might have to come kidnap you for the wedding! laugh

Dianna

#7071 March 31st, 2005 at 06:00 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Packing kidnap bag!!!!!

Begging doctor for more pain medication so I can make the trip.

I promise to be there in spirit.

#7072 March 31st, 2005 at 06:50 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Dianna,
sca states aren't that far away
from each other, are they???

Weezie

#7073 March 31st, 2005 at 07:20 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Nope not two far just North Carolina in the way lol.

The problem is that after about an hour in a vehicle my back feels like it is on fire. I have some compressed disks from a car accident years ago and they just don't put up with some things anymore.

Even sitting here in my nice cushy chair has to be done in increments.

#7074 March 31st, 2005 at 07:26 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
TK,
I have some compressed disks from a car accident years ago and they just don't put up with some things anymore.
You need to go get some "cement" in your back!!!
**Find one of those doctors that can do that for you..**

Weezie

#7075 March 31st, 2005 at 10:20 PM
OP Offline
TKH, I understand about back problems. I have had problems with mine since I was around 23. Half my life! Pain killers are your very best friends sometimes.

Sitting in a car gets to me, too. When I am riding for a while, I can barely get out of the car when I get to where I am going.

Weezie, we ordered some of the miniature cowboy hats to do some some decorating with. I am thinking a corsage for Jim's mom, and a boutinerre (sp) for his dad. Those hats will help tie everything in together. My memory and guest books have pictures embossed of hats, rope, and hearts.

My aunt is making a "special" boot arrangement to honor my mother's memory. I am planning on having my son place it on her grave in NC when he goes back after the wedding. My favorite uncle died last year and we are remembering him by hanging one of his hats on the gazebo during the ceremony. I find myself being very emotional right now with missing their presence during this milestone in my life. I wanted my uncle to give me away.

My father and other passed loved ones will get arrangements made after the ceremony from the flowers we are using to decorate. Just a way of sharing the wedding with them.

Dianna

#7076 April 1st, 2005 at 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a wonderful way to honor their memories grinnnn

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard