This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#91606 November 20th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
OP Offline
laugh laugh laugh muggs muggs lala lala

#91607 November 20th, 2006 at 07:02 AM
Diane - those look so nice and green and healthy!
Keep up the great work - can't wait to see them all flowering! thumbup

#91608 November 20th, 2006 at 07:26 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Lynne.., I can't wait either the problem is I don't know where I'm going to put them all in the ground this spring I may put a couple in container pots I haven't decided yet!

#91609 November 20th, 2006 at 10:57 PM
yeah cindy...move to TX...but not to a dry county.Not sure I'd want to be a cowboys cheerleader though...they look starved.our plants grow good though!

I went fishing...caught 1 bass then notheing for 4 hours...so being my a$$ was asleep,I loaded up came back and raked& raked more yesterday& now today is brug wacking day.I did cut a few durring dinner while cooking(Got jean pasco 6 ft no 'Y' rooting beside coffee maker.....hubby asked why there?)gee...it fit.

all babies still growing& this room will recieve guests today. a knighttii cut& trunk experiment/unknown pink trunk cut whole/frosty pink trunk cut blooming6 ft/Charles cutting off MIL to join my other 2 from neighbor& cypress gardens cut to root& my tallest dr suess trunk....none have 'Y'd

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is shot of flowerbed.I just started cleaning it out again.have most of my aloha rose cut back growing there accept what had buds on it(nephews iggy would not forgive me,she likes the petals)
[Linked Image]

Di they look great.I need more grow lighting for my brug nursery,I'm going to buy that $15 grow light reflector kit w bulb at walmart and one more bulb& then 2 bulbs for cold GH & may add one more.Being have so many together.....I spray the soil with insectisidal soap every week.I'd rather be safe than sorry.They we're 75% off and my other bottle is still mostly full(I buy concentrated).SIL mother of thousands is setting some buds for blooming...mines not yet,but believe hers is different than mine,so did dig a start of hers(still in butter tub from yard,but I've watered it)so you hollar when yours starts.

yeah...I wonder where will be putting my new ones?over 25 so its like I'm looking for a few BEDS to add.

#91610 November 21st, 2006 at 08:23 AM
OP Offline
Njoynit explain to me one more time again about the signifigance of the "Y" Does it only bloom above Y??
BTW Getting a box ready to send to you with in a couple of weeks Just to let you know muggs muggs <---- Know what this means?? lala lala laugh laugh

#91611 November 21st, 2006 at 10:26 PM
Yes.I know what THAT means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! muggs

Flowering happens ABOVE the 'Y'.

In this picture
http://countrygdn.com/infosheets/yandsub.html

It has 'Y'd and done a 'Y' again.above the additional 'Y' it will start flowering.sometimes they will set what I call'Crotch rocket'<<<That is MY name for them. 'a bloom in the crotch of the 1st'Y'.' Our 'Y's can sometimes grow very long cause they will sprout to life in mid March& most times I can get 2 ft of growth a month.sometimes the distance is short between'Y's sometimes is further apart.

My unknown pink had a trunk that was 2 ft before it 'Y'd,but the back above 'Y' stem was 7 ft long from 'Y' to tip.I know this cause SIL helped me some and was amazed at how longer it was from 'Y' to tip than the others.she decided my banana leaves shaded that branch.I just thought ws neat that it curved back to the front due to banana tree leaf.

[Linked Image]
Guests moved in
[Linked Image]
More guests too boot
[Linked Image]
kitchen brug trunks.tallest is frosty pink 7 ft 2 in with'Y'& buds/jean pasco 6 ft trunk no 'Y'/Charles G 2 trunks 1 4 ft& 1 with buds& a bloom for tonight or the next nite..Beside coffee maker.hubby already commented on them overtakeing the house
[Linked Image]

Betty Marshall.That was about a week in water the white roots are 2 days old.I cut top just at start of name and rooted that& potted it yesterday
[Linked Image]

My frost arrived last nite.its not fair.ANGEL your WARMER than me.I'm sitting here at 35 and riseing and your 47.you we're 39 when I was 27.27 was my low.and only about an hour below freezeing.

oh.MOT has started to form its buds on top now.SIL left hers in ground last nite.soon we can compare colors.I searched some for her last nite.she was right.there are 3 kinds.peach/coral/pink.Daves does show 35 photos,but not all have blooms.

So Cindy....when ya decorateing your brug christmas tree?You gonna use it as a christmas photo?And your jars rooting as of yesterday.

#91612 November 22nd, 2006 at 08:46 AM
OP Offline
Njoynit!!!Wow yours are soooo tall!!! You already cut back the one(s) in ground?? Supposed to be 45 tonight and maybe high 70's tomarrow and 80 on thanksgiving! clp clp

Okay because your unnamed pink leaned out from the banana leaf shade I should plant in full sun?? That's scarey as hot as it gets in the summer! I have an open area the is very full sun all day into the evening, everywhere else is either morning sun afternoon shade OR morning shade and afternoon into evening full sun I have More larger areas of the full and afternoon Full sun.. Just thinking ahead I want to reserve areas Just for the brugs and prepare soils over the winter with extra sheep manure and compost.. my yard is not big AT ALL I'll get pic of back yard so you can see and help me decide where to plant in the spring!

#91613 November 22nd, 2006 at 11:17 AM
I'd go for morning sun&afternoon shade.I'm moveing some back to that location(was a brug bed...then a duck pond...then an empty bed with fountain& bare ceppt for a few EE that still pop up from pond fill)

That frosty is tall and it didn't sprout till like July.thats a ground sprout,they useually make good stright trunks.My frosty useually 'Y's at 3-4 ft.But I like this one.Will place it....who knows? Duh I got 3 beds to plan....then just picking places out for them.1 will go beside shed.

I had frost last nite&was 27 at 4 am. I'm south of you.I'm mad you didn;t get cold with me. sca I was wacking away.5 minutes after heard the word 'FREEZE' I went& cut Jean Pasco,flipped burgers then went and got charles& frosty.I was some site yesterday.I got brug juice in eye....one eye....so my vision was blurry on one side.Was rushing 2 dogs in the door every trip in with brug cuts,clippers.dipping clippers in boiling water while stripping leaves into a bucket& cutting pieces for going in them jugs.I'm so glad thats over....Now need to clean the rest of the beds up.I got bronzed cannas.the blackie sweet potato looks awful in that bed now.

I rested today.I'll slave tomorrow.I found green tomatoes in flowerbed on an ugly tomato plant.wish I'd seen that sooner when was passing out blankets to plants in the yard.

oh there are also 4 jugs on floor behind that chair.those milk jugs are full.I'm looking for my 3 gallon white bucket for the frosty cuts.I need my milk jugs for wintersowing.(like I need more plants laugh )oh and knightti has 2 buds smaller bud they still buds sometime next week if they hold,plus various.buds on unknown& seedling pink.Frosty in kitchen has like 4 buds left to go.

Sheep manure...hmm thats new.know its PH?Chicken manure has the highest nitrogen,but is different with being wet or dry& inbetween.I've used rabbit& horse.Horse actually did pretty good.Rabbit& cow work good on roses& camillias too.Horse manure does good on cannas.Carrie uses donkey manure.

#91614 November 23rd, 2006 at 08:52 AM
njoynit, you do have a big collection. LOL!!! I had to remove the plants from the dining room and living room so I can have guest for the Holidays. Now you cannot get into my guest bedroom or the bathroom.

#91615 November 23rd, 2006 at 12:27 PM
OP Offline
Njoynit the sheep manure I have is already composted I also use it in my compost pile to help get it going I admend it in all my soils( for outside) and also placed in all brug start plants with regular bedding soil ,,Nope I don't know the PH, All I know it it's sheep manure already composted and bagged up and it's hard to find here My Uncle brought me a 1/2 skid load of it last fall from KS., and I have managed to hang on to 3 bags (40lbs each) So I'm saving it for the Brugs that go in ground and datura bushes .

#91616 November 30th, 2006 at 11:56 AM
They'll proably like that.I still have to ammend the hex bed for 'some' of them to go in(like 5 of the 30..ha-ha)
Well the cuttings that had blooms have bloomed& the rest of the buds have turned or popped.These few Knightti cuttings have been hard to root.Trunk has been so-so,but the 'y's are not happy.I'm tempted to shove in some soil. all the other cuttings are growing nicely.I'm impressed with my 'nugget' of orange versicolor.Its grown the fastest of them all.

Angel.I got me a 4 way anylizer last year.I love it.does PH/Fertilizer/Lighting/Moisture.

The laundry room became the brugmansia room.It won't be so bad once some of them cuttings find new homes(Just E mail me!)The porch is a lil more crowded this year(that dam zone denial.........)Guess I got more hanging baskets this year too cause had to add some nails.

Hubby took me fishing saturday down Liberty county.cypress lakes.He proably won't ask me to go more.He didn't catch anything.I was actually the only one who caught anything.I caught 5.My 3rd was a good one.I swear hubby 'lost' it off hook on purpose.didn't even have time to snap the picture.I couldn't save it.I had my shoes off and was not drunk enough to stomp on it anyway ( if was 5 beers further along.......that hook would have hurt).It is pretty though.

[Linked Image]

You can see my bobber.I caught them fish just under the tree. nice sunny day.very pretty too& why lost the 1st 2 bites.I was gazeing 'elsewhere'

#91617 December 3rd, 2006 at 04:52 AM
OP Offline
You should stop with the gazing somewhere else Might have caught you a big'on!! laugh

The evening of the big freeze here I brought these starts inside it was high 70's that day and dropped to 20 that very night eek But from being outside since the last pics I took these are doing good outside!!

Njoynit the ones you gave me are really getting tall , and the ones Ruth sent me have really sprouted the ones on the floor took longer to get going then the rest but finally show signs of growing and rooting good.. I promised updates thru the cold months so here are so more taken today..

Largest from Njoynit.... I've had longer than the rest..
[Linked Image]

These next two pic are starts I recieved several weeks later than Njoynits the second one of these two pic those burgers took a while to get going,, but now they're on their way!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
clp

#91618 December 4th, 2006 at 01:50 AM
WOW Diane!!!
You are going to have the most GORGEOUS garden next summer when they are all in bloom!!! They all look so very healthy! Can't wait to see the blooms!

#91619 December 4th, 2006 at 08:56 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Lynne ! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on these!!! But unless I get a "Y" formed I don't think I'll have blooms this spring on a couple of them but surely I'll have blooms on a few! thumbup flw

#91620 December 17th, 2006 at 11:16 AM
K
K
Hello there ! I am new to this fourm and new to brugs. I just signed up.

I would love to do some SASE for your brug cuttings.
Please email me so we can exchange, I might have a few plants you might like.

#91621 December 17th, 2006 at 11:16 AM
OP Offline
We've had some great weather this week and all the brugs have been outside day and night. They truely love being out side the lowest it got was 43 at night and high near 80 days, Hmm we'll see how long this last but for now they are growing happily outside!! more Pictures after the New Year!! thumbup

#91622 December 17th, 2006 at 11:21 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by katrun:
Hello there ! I am new to this fourm and new to brugs. I just signed up.

I would love to do some SASE for your brug cuttings.
Please email me so we can exchange, I might have a few plants you might like.
Hello Katrun!! And Welcome to the forum!! I have just only gotten into brugs my self and my pictures are of new cutting given to me so this is a new learning experience for me!! Stick with me and we can learn this together!!.. I pm'd you back that explains all!!
Glad to have you and would love to see pictures of your brug start!, We can learn this together!! thumbup

#91623 December 17th, 2006 at 11:47 PM
I've got a picture of my 'crop' of brug starts.I have them out on railing lined up a good 15 feet 0f space now occupied.I'm not here long enough right now to load& post the picture I took.I'm on my way out the door fishing(was doing a barometer check,while returning for my worms& another hook)Our weathers been great too.We we're actually the same temp when I got back from fishing last nite we we're both 71.I think we have 5 more days of this great weather.It sure don't feel like Christmas.Been sleeping with the AC on at nite.This keeps up I can eat Christmas dinner outdoors like Thanksgiveing.

Katrum
I have cuttings I'll do for postage.$9 should cover,but I can double check with your addys zip code if you PM me.They already have roots,just rehydrate a day or two and pot up.

Angel
I like the Sangarita.I'll also never trade a bud light for a Corona.Mexican beer sucks.I had to drop a shot of tequilia to get the crap down.Matt got an earfull too.I caught no fish& blamed it on that mexican crap I was drinking.

#91624 December 18th, 2006 at 11:30 PM
Here are my babys out for the week it seems.least they won't be collecting lint from the laundry room!

[Linked Image]

I may have lost peaches& cream.it suddenly lost its leaves.& one cut of supernova did the same.

#91625 December 28th, 2006 at 02:16 PM
Still growing good........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I can't wait till spring.
Creamsickle has a 'Y'.so it will be a short plant this year....with a huge 'Y'

This is what IT will look like in bloom.
http://images.google.com/images?q=Creamsickle%20brugmansia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tab=wi

I know....Amazing!

#91626 December 29th, 2006 at 08:50 AM
OP Offline
Oh WOW Njoynit it!! That is a beauty!!!!

Somekind of green worm has been having a feast on my leaves!!! I found two of them on two different plants!!!! HELP what can I do I didn't see any more but doesn't mean there's not some larve there developing!! eek eek I do have new leaves starting on all the starts in differents areas of the stocks but a lot of the larger once healthy leaves have been chewed to nothing!!! I'm just sick about it!!!! eek ters

#91627 December 29th, 2006 at 01:17 PM
When they we're outside they have had a monarch butterfly lay some eggs& her babies hatched and are hungry.I'm an organic person.I'd spray with some neem oil.or can pick them off.Only problem I've had is gnats& I sprayed some raid flying insect spray so I should at least see less of them to tomorrow. I potted up seedling plant #2&#3 1 charles G,1 dr suess& Knightti.Cypress gardens is still in small pot cause forgot was doing him& ran out of soil again.(I could CHOKE walmart for only carrying those small bags of soil.SOME of us garden YEAR-ROUND!with the big bags)

Yes they are growing nicely.I also switched plants sides.the ones that we're on freezer went to dresser and dresser ones went to freezer,which actually gets more light.I leave the grow light on all nite & move it back& forth daily.
Can't wait for spring though.

#91628 December 30th, 2006 at 04:44 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the Info I keep looking daily for more green worms I don't have any grow lights so natural light is working for now! thumbup

#91629 January 9th, 2007 at 05:57 AM
Wow! I just found this topic! I have to find myself some of the brugs! I googled them and they are beautiful!

#91630 January 13th, 2007 at 08:58 PM
OP Offline
Jessica they can become addicting!! laugh laugh I can't wait untill I can put outside for the season,, thumbup

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard