This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#94765 November 22nd, 2006 at 11:00 AM
OP Offline
Good news and bad news...... Bad news first: Last post I made, I only had 29 leaves left. Since then I've lost 9 more leaves. Good news: I haven't lost anymore leaves yet. So far it's stuck with 20 leaves for quite a while. (other 9 leaves dropped pretty quickly and close together) Also: About the black on the leaves and tips of the branches, good news ... um sorda, kinda. The "Death of the Black Grip" (DBG) hasn't spread any further on the branches nor has it formed/appeared on any other leaves. Now, the two branches that have the DBG that I have pictured on here, should I cut those off? If so, does it matter if I cut it straight or should I cut it at an angle like as I would when cutting a rose?

All the leaves that had the black fungus (what I'm calling DBG)has already fallen off. I can see little tiny tiny tiny green nubs on the branches and near where previous leaves had fallen. Are these new leaves trying to come up? If they are, then they are taking FOREVER to grow! I've bought a spray bottle and I mist the tree several times a day like crazy. Lol, I also blow my breath on the tree hoping the extra carbon dioxide along with the oxygen would somehow help it grow stronger faster.

#94766 November 22nd, 2006 at 11:03 AM
OP Offline
I miss haveing a ferret. ters ....sigh.... One of these days I'll have another or two. cool

#94767 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, the green nubs are new growth, it's basically a slow-growth time, so they may take a bit to get going. a good misting 2 times (maybe 3 if your house is really low on the humidity) a day should be plenty!

i just love this pic...

[Linked Image]

rusty (the cat) and finola absolutely adore each other!

oops! sorry it's so big!!

#94768 November 23rd, 2006 at 10:56 AM
OP Offline
New growth! clp

That is an EXTREMEMLY *CUTE* picture!

#94769 January 8th, 2007 at 10:37 AM
R
R
hey, just looking at the picture of the citrus with the black, shriveled tips of the stems sent me a gut-wrenching memory - i have seen this 2 times with dearly beloved plants... i am NO PRO but i have learned the hard way that i OVERWATERED them... so, just wondering if any of you more 'pros' think that is a result of overwatering....

#94770 January 8th, 2007 at 05:26 PM
just wondering if any of you more 'pros' think that is a result of overwatering....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well, it was actually suggested almost 2 months ago. However the topic got poached by ferrets or some irrelevance so i lost interest. Dunno what the pro's think though.

#94771 January 9th, 2007 at 10:01 AM
OP Offline
Yeah, sorry for the topic becoming ferretized. Guess that would be my fault for my member name being "HyperFerret". BUT! ...I always went back to topic. grinnnn ...Again, sorry for not staying on topic.

Now, about the tree. ...It's dead. ters Oh. It's so dead. However, I still have the plant ... for some reason. Anyways, I took it out of the tank and still made sure it had plenty of light. And the over watering bit. Once someone told me it might possibly be the fact that it was being over watered, I quit watering it. So I'm not sure if that was it. Still wish I knew what I did do wrong. This spring I really want to get another one and try again. Wish I knew what I could do different this time.

#94772 January 9th, 2007 at 11:02 AM
you sure its dead?? My lime dropped all its leaves and I just left it in case the possibility was still there... It has 4 leaves now Duh

#94773 January 9th, 2007 at 11:08 AM
OP Offline
Uh... It has no leaves what-so-ever. The trunk and limbs are all brown, not a bit of green. And I've only tried just the tips but when I bend the tips of the limbs it gives a nice crispy SNAP! My tree is nothing more than just a twig sticking out of a pot of dirt. Not to mention, I totally quit watering it after I was pretty sure it was dead.

#94774 January 9th, 2007 at 11:11 AM
bummer!! sorry to hear that!! My cat or kid had at my tiny lemons and now I only have one left.. but still hoping it will hang on and grow big and yummy!!

I water mine 3 times a week... unless the heat is on and they dry out more.. then maybe 3.. but I let t!hem get pretty dry before I water them

#94775 January 9th, 2007 at 05:31 PM
"This spring I really want to get another one and try again. Wish I knew what I could do different this time."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DO you have room to plant a lime in the ground?
If not, just get one and plant it in a really big pot in PREMIUM POTTING MIX in good sunlight. By 'really big' i mean like a half wine barrel. Make sure you only plant it as deep as the pot it comes in. Protect from wind, esp very hot or very cold wind and mulch it. Liquid fertilise with fish emulsion or similar once a fortnight while it's got new growth and throw in a tablespoon of slow release fert once a year. .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard