Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#224918 Jul 28th, 2008 at 09:33 PM
meow Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, i bought this little plant from a store in NYC and was told it was a Jade plant but when looking up Jade plants and types i dont see any that look like mine. The leaves are lighter and have more pointed leaf and they look kinda of rose like the way it grows. I had to repot it because it was growing out of the pot it came in and i hope i used the right stuff, I was told by the store to use this desert mix which was white and gritty sandy like but when i took it out of the smaller pot i saw it had more regular soil at the bottom then i thought. If anybody knows would be very appreciated thanks!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hello and Good Afternoon Meow,
Compiments to you, you have a lovely and healthy looking little plant. It looks to me like a variety of succulent commonly known as "Hens n' Chickens", comical name but I am serious.
I also believe it is one of the Crassulaceae family, Sempervivum genus, although I do not know the specific Species.
It was correct to pot it in a cactus and succulent mix, with good drainage, be careful not to overwater! I am also sure this little plant will propagate itself quite rapidly and you should get lots of enjoyment out of watching it flourish.
Hope I was helpful to you.
Cordially
Sharon flwr

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup sharon did well, except i don't think it is in the hens 'n chicks family. another crassulae i'm sure.

it does look like a very heathly plant!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I believe it 's a Echeveria 'Lola' or one very similar But definitely a Echeveria
and Sharon and Jiffy is right it's from the
Family of Crassulaceae~

cactus/ succulent soil the soil to pot it in,, thumbup

You can go here and click on the left side of the page On the arrows Previous next,, to view many echeveria (s),, Yours looks soooo close to soo many,, maybe this will help you decide which it is, I have to refer to this my self as I have one I still need to ID,, I guess I'd better take my own advice,, notme lol

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Crassulaceae/Echeveria_Lola.html

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
meow Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks so much for your help! after looking through that site it definetly most resembles the Lola plant. It hasnt bloomed any flowers though but its still young and maybe the ny noise scares it! [Linked Image]
Thanks again! [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image