Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Okay I have to admit,, I don't often clean my purse out especially this last year. notme

When my grandsons would come over I would have them clean it out and they could keep the change in the bottom,, ( I have a habit of just throwing change in when I shopped but $ Bills I put in the wallet, thumbup )

I cleaned my purse out this morning, I found a DVD,, notme ( forgot to take it out when I flew to KY)

[Linked Image]

an old lottery scratch off ticket,, that I forgot was worth something,, *Gotta go see if it's still good to cash in,* grin
[Linked Image]

and a almost 7 month old receipt from Bubba's for Breakfast while visiting Cedar Hill shock Crazy thing is ,,, I have changed purse's 3 times since that visit ~ how is it that receipt went from purse to purse touched

[Linked Image]

One guess who got the "Squealer" Breakfast lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Isn't it AMAZING what can collect in a purse, Diane?!

I stopped carrying a large purse many years ago because it drove me nuts to have everything swallowed up by the bag all the time! Now I carry the tiniest purse I can find.... usually about 6 x 4.

Just so's I don't end up carrying around a DVD, an uncashed in scratch ticket, and a reciept from 7 months ago. 'Coz you know I would be! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
lol lol I hear Ya Merme!! lol

hey I've gone from large to small to medium, it doesn't matter I start out nice and neat with in a month it's packed full of plunder!!!! egad busting at the seams zoink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
within a month it's packed full of plunder!!!! egad

You are too funny! haha

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Love it- I carry a purse that is a small backpac style- just don't carry it like that... back when I was working and Carrie was still little - less than a yr I think- I got to work and pulled out a pamper- a rattle and a bubby(pacifier) family name... all before I found my wallet.... I still will find the ocassional toy ... or DS game.... or my husbands glasses or his company id sometimes...
Nana

[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
Man do I know what you are talking about! I went from big purses to small almost child size purses until I gave up on that because within 3 months I couldn't even keep those purses closed and keep things from falling out of them like a water fall without a big rubber band holding it half shut so then I did go back up to a medium size one. But it still is full of all types of weird stuff. Mostly now when I dig deep down in there looking for something in particular I come up with NUTs or doggie treats. I also have to check my pockest very closely before washing because they are usually stuffed with nuts or pi9eces of Pup Peronis.

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Very funny!! Especially the Bubba receipt...and to think I was there then too!!!!..... lol

I've found money I didn't know I had tucked away. But usually it's just things I wad up and put in there enstead of throwing it on the floor or sidewalk..when I clean out the purse, it finally finds it's way into the trash!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I switch purses at least 4 times a year. spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. I love switching them, and since I sell Avon it's easy for me to buy new purses. lol Although I do have quite a few brand name purses too.

My purse problem isn't the size of the purse I buy (although I like hobo style best), my problem is the fact that I don't get rid of purses.

I just keep buying and replacing them and I never go back to an old purse--well VERY rarely. So I have tons of purses, and I keep buying more and more. lol It's a sickness I tell you. haha I have the same problem with shoes. haha

You can find all kinds of things in mine....they become like the black hole. Always lip gloss and a light up mirror. I always carry sample sized deodorant in there because sometimes it's nice when you're out and it's hot, just to freshen up. lol But I get weird things in there too. I'll pull things out and wonder how they heck they got in there.

I never go out without my purse.

Funny stuff Diane. thumbup I don't have anything too strange right now, but I just bought my new, red purse after Christmas. So I haven't carried it too long.

Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
haha Loz, there's a movie made about you...Tales of a Shopaholic....or something like that. Anyway it has THAT word in it, and I immediately thought of you!! haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Shirley, I read that series years ago! haha They are FANTASTIC books! Really funny. grin thumbup Yep, it's me!

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
The new movie out is......Confessions of a Shopaholic. I would like to watch that. I think I have a problem and need a support group or something. lol lol I am just like Loz. I buy lots of purses...too many purses. I also keep the old ones thinking that I will use them again but I never do. It is crazy! I switch purses at least every couple of months. Every time I go into a store I look at the purses to see if there is something that I like. James happened to be shopping with me the other day and I was looking at purses and he said...why don't you just go through your closet and use one of your old ones...it would be like new. lol He thinks I am crazy! I won't claim to be sane but I think some of the stuff he buys is crazy too. I have a shoe problem too. I need to get this under control. haha

So anyways...I always end up with lots of stuff in my purse. When I change purses I throw a lot away. Mostly receipts, gum wrappers, change...stuff like that. When I switched purses this last time, I had 10 lip glosses in my purse. A little excessive??? touched

HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
I'd like to know who had the 2 Kahlua's before 11:30 in the morning. lol

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts

Here is a photo of two of my favorite purses. The red one is 6 inches wide.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Very pretty!

I could fit exactly 2 diapers and 10 wipes in that red one.....no bottles tho. lol

Merme, if you saw the bag that I carry while I'm out, you'd have a good laugh at the difference from your bags.

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Jenn If I were out & about with TWO babies, I'd have my little purse and probably some kind of GIANT suitcase along! I remember how much I had to carry just going out with ONE baby! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
very nice perses merme---i would love to use either---but for dress/church only.

My bag too is very large. Although the last 2 years has seen my use smaller than I am used to.--
but yes back in the day, when I was taking stuff around for my girls (6 yrs apart) I too had so much along it makes me wonder, now, how i did it.--many of my friends would just throw their wallets into their diaper bags & go--I could never make myslef do without all the other stuff I carried.--so 2 bags it was for me.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Here is a photo of two of my favorite purses. The red one is 6 inches wide.

[Linked Image]

shock My wallet wouldn't even fit in either one of those, shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I love that little red purse!

I buy a new purse when my current purse wears out, or gets too full. then in the new purse I only put my wallet and checkbook and the change form the old purse, stuff like that. I end up keeping the old purse in case there is anything in there I might ever need again. after about a year I throw away the old purse with all the junk still inside. ha ha (of course, I go through and take out anything with my name address ect on it)
I'm very different than all of you as far as purses go. I rarely carry my purse either.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
My wallet wouldn't fit in Merme's purses either. Here is a pic of my bag and my wallet...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That's not a bag! That's a suitcase! LOL

I carry a medium sized purse. But I do have a bunch of purses in my closet that I haven't used in a while. I have a large tote that I used when I was a manager in a grocery store. I started carring it because I would have to take the deposit to the bank, and I felt better sticking it in my bag and throwing it over my shoulder than I did just walking out with the deposit in my hand.

Now I have a little flat wallet that holds my DL, my cards, and has a small zipper section to stick bills in. I usually carry my purse with me, but if I'm running to the grocery store and don't want to tote the whole thing (not to mention take up room in the cart!) I just grab my wallet and go. It's the only thing in my purse that I would miss if it got stolen anyway.

My purse currently contains the jumbo size bottle of Tums, a small bottle of Advil, reciepts that I will never look at again (probably from this time last year!), pens, pencils, and OMGoodness! Is that a piece of EASTER CANDY?!? LOL

Annette

HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
LOL...the angle makes the bag look a *little* larger than it really is. lol The thing is that I use cloth diapers and they are bulkier than disposables, so they take up more room. I used to keep a full sized box of wipes in there...not soo much anymore since DS is past the "baby poo" stage.

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Jenn I always carried a handful of wipes in a ziplock bag... enough for a job but far less weight & bulk then an entire box & lots less expensive than the "travel pack"....

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Feb 15th, 2009 at 08:12 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
When Luke was smaller, his poops were REALLY messy. I needed to take a whole box in case that happened while we were out because the travel sized container didnt hold enough and I'd lose a ziplock bag of them. We also needed wipes for Luke when he spit up.....he was such a pukey kid.

[Linked Image]
I guess I lucked out with my 3 girls. I just carried one of those bottle bags with a couple of diapers and a few wipes when I went out...at least with the 2nd and 3rd one! LOL I learned my leason with the first one. I never needed half the stuff that I would tote around with me all the time. I did, however, keep an extra change of clothes for the season, as well as an extra blanket or two, extra diapers and wipes, etc. in a regular sized diaper bag in the trunk of the car. That bag never left the car unless I needed to replace the seasonal items, or refill supplies. If I went into a store or whatever, I only took the smaller bottle bag. Made life SO much easier!

Annette

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,925
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image