Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#291821 Aug 7th, 2009 at 07:23 PM
OP Offline
So, this was going to be the first year that I would do my own veggie garden. Well, my dad never finished putting the fence up so there are random pieces of chicken wire everywhere which makes weeding hard. It doesn't help when the person that's suppose to be in charge doesn't have a say about how many 'mater plants there are to be. This was not what I thought it was to be. Total count of string bean plants: 5 Total count of cucumber plants: one pumpkin 2 peppers: 6 maters: too many to count about around ten.
The slugs pratically slawtered my string beans. weed control is non-existant because we downsized and the remainder has not been mowed down.
My main peev is that space was not used wisely. As what's the logic of having a blueberry bush in a raised bed? I'm about to lose it. As soon as the beans are down I'm taking my garden hoe and whacking them. I'm hoping that I can end the season with a good crop of peas and lettece.

Willowfairy #291883 Aug 8th, 2009 at 03:19 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen!

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image