Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#301497 Dec 12th, 2009 at 09:23 AM
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

This is a very old Jade my wife and i adopted from her deceased grand mother. It has continued to rot more and more. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Dec 12th, 2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: fixed photo
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, Anthony.
I live where jades can grow outdoors all year long with little problems so I am always flummoxed when people ask about them. But there is a lot of info on the forum if you type in 'jade plants' in the box at the top of every page. Begin with this one.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #301701 Dec 17th, 2009 at 03:24 AM
I too have a Jade plant that came from my grandmother. AS I remember the story, it was something she sent away for from a cereal box. Don't really know if that is true or not, just the story I remember. At any rate, I did something stupid, and mine got to a point where it needed something done to it, and I called Ralph Snodsmith on the Garden Hot line (this was years ago) He said to cut the top off where it was not yet harmed and start a new plant. That is what I did and it has been going great every since. Hope that works for you.

Carol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,904
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image