Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Hello everyone !! wavy

Nana: How nice to hear from you. I hope you are enjoying your trip. be safe & have fun.
Cheryl: So sorry to hear about your car, I hope they fix it quickly for you.---glad the race was good though/ Finally--- A good meal can fix a multitude of problems, though, huh???
Tina: WOW girl, you sure do a lot of work on that house. It must be in beautiful shape. thumbup I think you deserve a rest.
Merme: So how did the Apple crisp come out??? Dont ya hate when stuff like that happens?? and now you know that of course I am wanting an apple crisp. rolz
Tamara: well hey, at least you were talking to your DD. That is always a good thing. Here's hoping that it will not rain for say a week or 2 out your way.
Lynne: My gracious dear---my thoughts & prayers are there for you and for your mom. Please take care. kissie

I hope I didnt leave anyone out......

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Hello everyone !! wavy
Tina: WOW girl, you sure do a lot of work on that house. It must be in beautiful shape. thumbup I think you deserve a rest.

My house is in horrid shape, Carol. It needs so much work and money I don't have all at once. But shelves were something I have the ingredients for on hand.
How was your day, Carol?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Well, gee, I just had a surprise. yikes

The surf was so rough today that Maxi must have brought home a gallon of sand in his swim trunks. I didn't know that until I went in the bathroom and saw 2 tons of sand on the floor & in the tub. We were in such a rush today to leave again after we got home, he forgot about taking his wet & sandy things outside. sigh. I'll have to sweep it out of the tub tomorrow as sand is not a good thing to introduce into drains....

I got the dishwssher loaded again. I had extra messes from all the cooking & baking I did yesterday & today. All I can say is "thank God for Dawn!" that stuff is miraculous on grease. lol

Gee I hate the emptiness of the house when Mr. Maxi is away!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina

My house is in horrid shape, Carol. It needs so much work and money I don't have all at once. But shelves were something I have the ingredients for on hand.
How was your day, Carol?

I was actually referring to the outside of your house. blush The yard h as been & always will be more important to me than the house. Give me a second bathroom and a nice closet/storage area & I am good to go. thumbup

I had a very nice day. Rod took me and his mom to Eckert’s Orchards, Country Store, Garden Center, & Restaurant. It was a very nice day. Until Rod saw the prices of things.
I myself fell in love with a butterfly bush that was trained up to have a trunk so it looked like a thin tree.--I said gee Rod you copuld trim arpuind it easily. (well no he could not when it's price was $90.00.) yikes

The food was good as was the fruit. I do now have fresh picked peaches & lodi apples.
We then went to a frozen custard place--and had "dessert" 20% of the proceeds of the day went to a local charity--so we thought to help out.

Lastly MIL & I went to walmart & I bought some rugs for the living room. thumbup all in all a good day.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That does sound like a good day, Carol.
My outdoors is in pretty good shape. I am working on the indoors a little at a time. When I can't be out and if I have any left over energy.
I am going to bed now though. I'm whupped.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I'm shutting down the house for the night; gotta lock up and turn off some lights and leave a note for my Weekday Girl.

Cheryl ~ I hope you receive good news about your car tomorrow!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good Monday morning. It is an early up and at 'em for me today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, I'm late getting in..I kept getting a blue screen on my computer so I had to run everything and do a system restore..thinking it was caused by Firefox installing it's own updates rolz

Cheryl, that happened to my aunt and uncle with a new car..it was a defective battery.

So glad you had a nice day Carol kissie Rugs are just as nice a treat as anything.

Windy out this a.m. rain for the afternoon (of course)..

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning, Tamara. I can tell days are getting a littler shorter because I have to wait a little longer for the sun to lighten my paths.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Tamara---yes it was nice to get them. They are just not waht I really wanted. but they'll do for now. At l; east I wont have fibers getting lose all over my carpet now.
Tina: I figure my inside can pretty much wait until winter. I bet your outside looks great now though, right?/ I dont see how it could not be just about perfect.

Today I am still feeling rough--but I guess it too shall pass. DH & I are going to clean house this morning as relatives are landing at my MIL's today at some point.. Then this afternon I shall begin making applesauce & cutting up the peaches to prepare for the freezer.
Yesterday, I asked Rod did he want blackberry jelly & he said no, but I still may do that when it gets cooler. I am sure he will change his mind about wanting some come this winter. lol

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Good morning. Carol, my mother has a friend who used to make blackberry jelly and it was so good. She stopped for some reason I'm sorry to say.

Did you mention on here one time that you're looking for a job?

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I love to make it--just have not had the berries since we moved. but my BIL gave me some thsi spring--they are last years but they should still make good jelly.

yes I did say I was looking for a job--only part time. I have to be free to take my MIL to her appointments, so full time is out.
I am 9 points short on my SSI benefits to allow me to claim on my own merits. It is my philosophy that since our SSI is is trouble (along with other things) one way to save $$ is for the powers that be to decide that one must draw on their own earnings & not their spouses.--if that ever should be the case, as I say, I am short credits. and then there is our rediculously high property taxes, esp since we do not have a grand house. They should have to give me what they say my house is worth. rolz so the little extra $$ would be welcome. But we shall see if it ever comes to pass.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hello all, in for 5 while I grab lunch.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Morning all breakfast It's back to work for me today. That and waiting to hear about my car. Tamara, my sales guy did mention the possibility of a defective battery. Hope that's all it is as that's a quick and easy fix. I can say that it sure is nice not to stress over a car breakdown/repair. We saw Inception last night and it was amazing! We all want to go back and see it again. It's rare that I enjoy a movie that much, it really was very good. I'm going to finish my coffee and get to work. Have a great day everyone!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am taking a break from trimming shrubs and fixing sprinklers. Coffee is good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
DH & I have just brushed Dante. There was so much loose hair it is crazy. Good part is that much will now NOT be on our rugs/ carpets. Bad news is there are areas that he would not let us get to. So there will be some loose hair falling on the carpets/rugs. ah well......

going now to get back to work wavy

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Jeepers we are all so busy lol

Just in for a few, need to mop the floors in a sec then bake some dessert and put on supper.

Good news, my grandmother has decided to stay at her special care home after all, she went back home this morning(she stayed down for a week after grandpa's funeral)...I was so worried for her prayers

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad your Grandmother is being smart about her health and her needs, Tamara. That makes breathing easier for her family.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
hello all. I'm in for a while this morning....afternoon already!?!
the main reason I came to the library this morning to use the computer was to fill out an on line application. wouldn't you know I forgot the page with my references and work history/dates ect at the house! I'll piddle around here a bit. I'm in no hurry to get back home. the hot water heater is out and I'm SICK SICK SICK of boiling water. boil water for baths, boil for washing cloths.....dishes.....mopping. whew! the things we take for granted.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi, Cricket. So nice to see you. I never wash clothes in hot water and haven't for many, many years. Strictly cold water washing here. I mostly mop with cold too unless my hands need to get into it. Then in winter I may use some warm.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
I guess I'm spoiled and set in my ways, Tina. you know in the olden days they didn't boil water every time they needed something clean! ha ha

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
No, they didn't. And they also did not have all of our great options for cleaning products available. We can sanitize without heat.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
did you write your signature line, tina? is that why it's in parenthesis? I like it! it's very true.

well, I'm gonna sign off. I only have a few more minutes on this library computer before it kicks me off. besides theres now a line and I always feel guilty if I'm just here chatting when some are waiting to job hunt or take on-line classes.
everyone have a great day.
someone please tell merme, if she doesn't see this herself, that I got her letter and wrote her back but keep forgetting to buy stamps. I'm horrible with manual letter writting, but I did not blow her off.
later. wavy

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Cricket..it must be catching my water heater broke down a few weeks ago, a week end without hot water was enough for me.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Jeepers we are all so busy lol

Good news, my grandmother has decided to stay at her special care home after all, she went back home this morning(she stayed down for a week after grandpa's funeral)...I was so worried for her prayers

So glad to hear about this Tamara---That will, as Tina said, make for less stress on the family, knowing that grandma is well taken care of.

Sounds as if everyone is busy today. !! I guess that is a good thing.

I just made Lodi applesauce...
Yesterday when I looked at the 10 pound sacks of apples & said nope not me-- so I hand picked 3-1/2 pounds & just bought them. I was used to my apples being bigger though & I could have well used the 10 pound bag.--I just was not thinking, I guess-- egad oh well.
I have enough applesauce for supper and enough left to freeze for a few other meals.
if DH likes it enough I guess he will have to drive me back to teh orchard to buy more Lodi's, huh??? lol
The last load of rugs in in the dryer thumbup

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I've never heard of Lodi apples, and I live in the ape state! lol How are they? I still haven't heard anything about my car. I left a message but so far no one has called me back. I'm waiting for a few other calls as well. I can't really do much when I'm expecting my phone to ring. As soon as I try to get started on something is when I'll get a call, I just know it. So, for the moment I'm bored. I did get to have a gluten free chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting. A girl I work with made them and brought one on for me, it was really good! I'm pretty worn out today so maybe tomorrow I'll be up for some baking.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Lodi's are green apples right? Never seen them her but I've heard of them. I'm waiting on apples to ripen here...I love crab apple jelly..just need to hit the abandoned crab apple tree over the road before anyone else does.

Waiting for calls is annoying...

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Lodi's are green apples right? Never seen them her but I've heard of them. I'm waiting on apples to ripen here...I love crab apple jelly..just need to hit the abandoned crab apple tree over the road before anyone else does.

Waiting for calls is annoying...

yes they are green. I IF they even begin to get whiteish they are too mushy inside & do not make good anything. That is the main reason I would not take the p repackaged fruit. why buy 10 pounds & only be able to use say 7 pounds. as it was I had 2 apples that I miss-judged.
They also make excellenmd tasting pie--IF tiy like it looking like applesauce inside. lol why
My youngest is coming o ver so I can make h er fried green tomatoes. and me here with no red ones yet--but it is after all my DD, so we have them we shall. grin

and the call we are waiting for....???????

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Well, I received one call out of the four and it wasn't for my car. rspb

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Geez, they should call to let you know if it's a simple fix..doesn't take that long to check a battery.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
I did get to have a gluten free chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting. A girl I work with made them and brought one on for me, it was really good! I'm pretty worn out today so maybe tomorrow I'll be up for some baking.

Good for you!!! some of the gluten free recipes that can be found are really good !! My mom had stopped telling us when she makes a dessert gluten free. Most of the time we cannot tell anyway.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Family problem..

My cousins little boy age 6 and autistic just asked his mom what Autism means..she is struggling to answer him, any ideas..he will want his answer in the morning.

Keep in mind, this child is considered gifted, he can out read an adult and when it comes to geography..he'd leave you speechless. How do you tell a child he is 'different' without using that word?

We have a few autistic children in our family but he just amazes us...

The only thing I can think of is to tell him that he just has another way of doing and understanding things..it's what makes him so smart.

Help..

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tam I like what you thought of to tell him. But I would also add that "the things you like to think about are very interesting to you" as a way of indicating to him about his Inner Life which for an autistic person is richer than their outer life.

Hope everyone had a good day?

Dialysis went well but after my pain medication wore off by the time I got home my back was KILLING me -- five hours in that stupid recliner did me in. I laid down for a nap, woke up later and HAD to take extra medicine for my back! I can't wait to see the new doc on August 12th.

It was cold here today so I was glad to turn the oven on to bake some potatoes for my dinner tonight.

I finished Pride & Prejudice & now I am re-reading Little Women.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
yes Tamara I likes what Merme had to say. you could also tell him that he has a special way of thinking about things. That his way may be different than the way some might have but that does not make it wrong. That would be simple for him to understand and accept. ? huh?

if you do not wish to use 'different' in this context either say his way may n ot be the same as others but that does not make it wrong.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks...she never thought he's ask this young.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Gee Carol, I dunno. I grew up w/ old fashioned people who boiled water for everything & was given even more old fashioned books to read such as "Housekeeping In Old Viriginia" and boiled water was quite the ticket. I personally couldn't imagine cleaning w/ anything but. why

lol

Funny how traditions grab us, isn't it? What we learn as kids can go so deep!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I wish him and his family all the luck. thumbup

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Gee Carol, I dunno. I grew up w/ old fashioned people who boiled water for everything & was given even more old fashioned books to read such as "Housekeeping In Old Viriginia" and boiled water was quite the ticket. I personally couldn't imagine cleaning w/ anything but. why

lol

Funny how traditions grab us, isn't it? What we learn as kids can go so deep!

did I say something about cleaning with cold water????

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
hey gang--I am going to go now=--I am really worn out & I havr to do some clothes yet tonight. While I am eaiting for them to dry, I think I will go sit in my hard chair & read.
night night.....

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,892
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image