Rate Thread
#342708 Mar 19th, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm curious to know how YOUR Facebook experience has been?

I got really frustrated with it and rarely go there anymore.

First of all, I ended up with such a large "friends" list, that when I would log on to my "News Feed" page, it would just be pages of game scores telling me all the games my friends had played. It was really hard to find out any news!

So I deleted most people I know from other sites, thinking it would be easier to keep up with them from TGH, for instance, rather than from Facebook.

Ultimately, I just had to log on & visit my friends pages individually to try to read how they have been doing. It got tedious & not fun at all.

What about you? How has it been for you?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #342712 Mar 19th, 2011 at 01:13 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
You can ignore the games that you don't want (click the X in the right corner and choose "ignore all requests by X application).

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Merme #342730 Mar 20th, 2011 at 03:56 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I have game posts hidden from my feed so that I can see what else is going on. Just as James said. Otherwise, I love facebook and check it frequently.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Merme #342894 Mar 25th, 2011 at 09:47 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I hate it..with a passion. I only use it for updated pics of my grandchild now.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Merme #343014 Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Meg Offline
2k Posts
2k Posts
I guess I am somewhat addicted to it. I have a lot of family that I would not otherwise have kept in contact with, had it not been for my joining facebook. It started out as a place to see pics.. but now I see updates on what is going on in thier lives, and it's nice. And yes, you can make it so that you don't see the game spam stuff.. it's all in the settings. =)

Oh, and HI! :)

[Linked Image]

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
Merme #343026 Mar 31st, 2011 at 08:01 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yeah just go to your privacy setting and click to block news feed from all games and applications,, You can only have friends if you accept them most people request friendships for game playing only, If you don't know the person personally then don't accept the friend ship and click on "don't know this person"
I am on facebook daily to play games and social networking,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Merme #343030 Mar 31st, 2011 at 09:55 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I don't play the games and the apps make your information open to everything in the world it seems so I don't have apps either even though some of them are inticing and cute.

One of the problems I've started having lately is when too many videos are posted to my site, music or otherwise, my page loads slowly and if I try to comment the letters double post over themselves if that makes sense. I looked it up on line "problem with Facebook..." and it said the most common reason was too many videos pasted to your wall. I don't post these videos. They're posted by friends. I'm trying to delete those particular posts and may end up having to delete a few friends.

I do love Facebook. I've been contacted by people I went to school with and I love looking at their pictures.

Bestofour #343031 Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I do not play any games, etc. on FB and have my privacy settings set accordingly.

I DO love faceBook though.
I keep in far better communication with my girls because of it, & I also keep in better touch with my friends & other family members there--

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Bestofour #343043 Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:28 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

One of the problems I've started having lately is when too many videos are posted to my site, music or otherwise, my page loads slowly and if I try to comment the letters double post over themselves if that makes sense. I looked it up on line "problem with Facebook..." and it said the most common reason was too many videos pasted to your wall. I don't post these videos. They're posted by friends. I'm trying to delete those particular posts and may end up having to delete a few friend

I don't click on the videos, they can carry virus's . I used to click on the UTUBE ones But got two viruses so I stopped clicking on them,, IF I know the song I click on Like but never open them to view anymore,, UTUBE and other video services slow down FB and give a greater 'lag' time in refreshing,, and Yep deleting them also has given me problems as Sheri said.
Also Don't allow your self to be tagged in a picture,, go to your profile pictures and find your name in the list of people tagged in the picture and click on REMOVE/DELETE tag,, as tagging also creates/ carries viruses,, Just have to be really really careful on FB and use a lot of common sense.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,890
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image