Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been enjoying spring break with my son. The first week was cold and rainy and we stayed in most of the time. This week we are warm and toasty and I am trying to teach him to help make piles of debris outside. He likes it. I hope he keeps on liking it. That would be a big help.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I went to a luncheon that a local restaurant had today. A dietician from the county heath department was there & would answer questions that anyo9ne had. It was a nice time.

if you ordered the heathy choice menu item you were given a coupon for $$ off and a questionaire about waht you would want the restaurant to do in teh future to help you with your food choices there--

all in all a very nice thing.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Death in the family...might not be visible for a few days.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
10k Posts
10k Posts
tears

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
kissie tears kissie

I am so sorry Cindy--- I am sending prayers to you and to yoiur family.

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Many prayers, Cindy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Cindy, sorry to hear this, I'll be thinking of you.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everyone!

First, condolences to Cindy. I'm sorry for your loss.

I am hunkered down on the floor, balancing on a cushion in which all the springs have sprung. The keyboard is on my knees. I think all MY springs have sprung as well. lol

Carol Jean, that luncheon sounds like a fine time. I'm glad you had the chance to attend & that the restaurant wants to become more mindful of healthy eating.

I am doing a quit smoking program & only have a few days to go. I am very excited because I am totally fed up with this habit!

Max & I are starting Weight Watchers tomorrow. We think it will be a fine thing to do.

Cheryl good to see you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G' morning !!

Merme I hope that everything is going well for you. Weight watchers is an excellent idea. It is not just a diet program but it can teach one how to eat & what the good choices are. If you ever need any advice, let me know. I began when they taught how much of waht types of food one should eat in a day. Now they do not suggest how much of waht types of foods, as much as they used to. I think it would be easier to make good and healthy choices if one has a good solid nutritional base from which to draw.

If you are ever interested, I also have recipes from when I went.
As an example: right now I am eating banana bran muffins for my breakfast most days. They give one extra fiber, they are filling, they are good, and they use up ones old bananas---and excellent thing all around.

Well, I am going to go to ladies Aide today, & I am providing lunch. Not real excited about it, but that is because I always have too many things to do & not enough time to do them.

I wish everyone a good day. wavy

________

Meg Offline
2k Posts
2k Posts
Good morning all,

Cindy, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Merme, good for you! Steve tried again to quit, and while he did last longer and did better this time around, it didn't stick. It's really difficult.

I was just telling a co-worker about my "pansies" a few years back, when I first found ya'll here. =) Fun memories. (She was admiring all my plants I have here at work on my desk, and we started talking about gardens, etc.) Hmm.. I should take a pic to show you my desk with plants... must bring camera in to work.

So, spring has not so much sprung here. We had a tease of it, for about a week, then back to freezing temps. Blech. I am wanting to actually clean up my yard to do new flowers this year. Nothing is left, they've been choked out or eaten up.. and the wood we used a few years ago to make the flower beds along the front of the house, has rotted, so we need to replace and trying to decide what we want to do with that too.

Anyways, at work, not doing a whole lot today, and leaving early too, since it's annual eye check up time. see u all later!

[Linked Image]

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about WW. I know how you feel being fed up with smoking, Merme. I think being fed up and really wanting to quit partially led to my success. Chantix helped a lo too, but it's not for everyone. Good luck to both you and Maxi!

I have to stay an extra hour at work today. I went home an hour early yesterday. I have been so tired all week. I haven't even turned on my computer until last night. Today I woke up feeling more rested than I have all week. Which is silly because I didn't get any more sleep last night than usual. Maybe I had a very slight bug. Who knows. I'm hoping to start taking control of the weeds this weekend. Depends on the weather.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
The last day of March is bringing us a lot of warmth, 90-ish. Then we will cool down again. I am dithering whether or not I am happy about it. I love the cooler weather for working in. But the warmth means no firewood to deal with. So I will try not to complain and just deal with it all as it comes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
I am ready for spring break to be over...LOL! The boys are bored... their Wii broke at their house so they brought all their games here- lucky me...
We got the carpet down in the basement... I went down this morning and redid my basement panty.. and kitchen storage shelf... and I went thru the toys.. Derek has decided he wants to get rid of his Thomas stuff..so I got it all together in an old laundry basket so they can decide what to give away... Yay-once less thing that takes up a lot of space... I got two empty storage containers out of it... will need it for the craft center I am going to make them down there...
It is warm here the last couple days but the wind is blowing like crazy- don't sleep well in windy weather...just howls around the corner of the house to the deck...
Merme... I sure hope you get a new place soon... lots of new projects you have started- good luck with the smoking thing- I know that has to be hard- my Mom did ww.. for years... long time ago before the points... I remember she had to eat liver once a week and hated it... I like it but my doc says no more- so I don't ...
Cindy so sorry for your loss- prayers for you and family.... have my candle lit for you too...
Well off to fix lunch for the boys- they are always hungry....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
So here is my Broom Saga!

My son did some sword fighting w/ my broom & it snapped in half. So for a long time now I have been sweeping w/ half a broom!

Last week I was out shopping in a store I have never visited before & they were selling wonderful brooms in lively colors. I picked a bright red one to go w/ my brand new red dust pan.

Soon after I asked Maxi to take out the old broom & sweep the porch from all the sand and winter debris. The sand can really pile up out there & we drag it in on our shoes. So he swept up.

The next day I asked my attendant to go out & do a once over to make sure Maxi had gotten it all. I also asked her to pick up the mat to sweep under it.

Instead, she put the mat up on the railing & whacked it with the new broom!

It snapped in half!!! boohoo

So she ran to the store & bought me a replacement broom but in an ugly color. lol When I say ugly, I do mean hideous!

So then my other attendant took the hideous broom back to the store & got one in a better color. Now I have a bright yella broom. thumbup I love yella.

Carol your ladies aide sounds lovely. Good for you for doing it!

Cheryl I am using welbutrin (sp?) because Chantix is not really indicated for people w/ renal failure. Some people can tolerate 1/2 a dose, but.

Nana it is good to see you on & busy as ever.

Any diet tips from anyone would be great! If someone wants to begin a dieting thread, I'm all eyes & ears!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
teach Don't think of it as a 'diet', think of it as a lifestyle change. Diets are temporary and seldom do the results last. Lifestyle changes are for your life, health, and well being. Baby steps. Master one change before moving on to another. They'll all add up eventually and become habit. These are some if the things I try to keep in mind. Sorry about the broom fiasco but at least it all worked out in the end.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I agree with Cheryl. :wink:

the first step is making up your mind to do this. Then decide on a course of action & go from there---

The good news is we are here for you.

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Death in the family...might not be visible for a few days.....

tears Hugs to you

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
On the diet topic, I actually eat very little, in terms of quantity. But I often make really bad choices! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all.
I have dropped 10 good pounds this winter and I am not at all sure how. Toting firewood maybe.

Last edited by Tina; Mar 31st, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well I have dropped 30 pounds this winter--but I do NOT recommend anyone try my method of weight loss. uhuhh

Tina, I am thinking the cold & the wood toting was most likley the reason--more power to you clap

Good night everyone--sweet dreams... snooz

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody!

It is April 1st and we are buried under a couple of tons of snow! boohoo

My girl made it through the storm, though, which is surprising as she lives on a very country road which is famous for its messy clenaups! Now she is at the grocery, doing a mmuch needed trip for me. It is hard to diet when you do not have food in the house! lol

Carol, I think your 30 lb weight loss is wonderful. Your doctor must be so pleased! And you must be pleased as well, considering how hard it is to lose weiht at any time.

I GAINED 100 lbs following my quadruple bypass & broken foot. At the end of that year, I went on a diet & lost most of it but not all. Going from a 10-12 to a 32 did something to me. I doubt I'll wear 10's again as that was my low weight following the divorce but 14 or 16 would be nice.

2001 was a heck of a year personally.... the divorce was final in April, the emergency quad bypass was in May, I spent August in a convalescent place to get daily treatments & we all endured 9/11 but I had more surgery that day & broke my foot in October all while juggling 5 year old Maxi. yikes

Those 100 lbs went on easy going from a very active, sporty person to being in a hospital bed for 5 months & all the new meds.

MUCH harder to get it back off!!

So at the moment I'm a size 18. And as I said, 14 or 16 would be ideal.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all. Lots of work done today and I think I am about ready for our next cool snap.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning !!

And I feel it my duty to let everyone know....
April is National Frog Month !! (who knew?)
The notice was on the Newsletter that I get for my dog-- docs

WE are going to my DD's today. The guys are putting a new roof on one of the sheds---when they get done fixing up the house & yard, they just as well stay LOL...

Have a great day everyone....

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. And a very happy frog month to you. Carol!

Today is wood day here. I have to cut and split enough for a day or two because we are cooling down again.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Tomorrow is back to school after two weeks off. It will be laundry and haircuts and fun stuff. I put together a chicken lasagna to bake today. It will help warm the house this cool day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
well I have dropped 30 pounds this winter

WOW Great Carol!! clap
Heck I'd Take a cold and tote wood if that's all it takes :wink: . I know you worked hard and watched what you ate as well Congrats,,! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Sorry Friends I haven't been here in a while,, Between being sick and still not having my energy level where it should be,, working hard,, struggling to find ways to get the boys back and forth to school, My work week evenings are filled with homework, cooking dinner, cleaning up, getting everyones clothes ready for the next day. weekends are filled CONSUMED with 4 peoples laundry I never finish that until near 11pm on Sunday nights, Geeeez I only had two girls to raise Now I have 3 boys,, the two older ones are Cool! the 4 yr old is my challenge, typical 4 yr old,, and all that comes with + background issues. BUT They are my reason to get up and be motivated everyday. I am on face book playing games wellllll ONE game but it is also time consuming,, I'm seriously thinking of giving that game up. I see so many of you on FB daily that I can say HI to you there as well. But at the same time I have missed being here. :ding:
so far today I have made CHKN salad, baby bk ribs, and meatloaf,, so when I get off work this week I just have to make side dishes,, makes it a lot easier for me for the work week, Problem is I don't really get a day off work just to rest,, boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Grief Doesn't anyone come here anymore?? zoink egad
Where is everyone??? nervous

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
10k Posts
10k Posts
I guess that I scared them all away... tears

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I'm here...not scared away...just have eyes so swollen I can't hold them open very long to see the computer right now.

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:17 AM.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Cindy. I hope all of the sadness eases soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
10k Posts
10k Posts
kissie

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill

No, Bill you did not----while I can only speak for me, spring is a busy time---
that plus for me, we in my family have lots of Birthdays to attend to this month.

Today was my oldest DD's 31st B-Day. she felt it should be at her house--so away we went---we just got home about 30 minutes ago.

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Cindy, I am thinking of you & yours---- kissie

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill

Nooooooo you didn't,, kissie

Cindy Thinking of you,, I'll try to call you on my lunch break tomorrow,, kissie

wavy Hi Carol grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
No one got scared away, especially not by the big, bad gnome. neenee I've been busy and haven't been on the computer as much. I get email notifications of this thread so I can keep up with everyone, even if I don't get a chance to post. It's getting to be real running season (aka, not winter) and gardening season on top of that.

Cindy, still thinking of you. kissie

Diane, good to "see" you again.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody!

Yesterday my son dragged two packed boxes over here in front of my computer. Then he put the keyboard and muse up therel. So now I do not have to bend so far Y hurt myself to visit w/ y'all.

Di Di I'm sorry thingss are so hard right now, but it is good to see you on again.

I got Sunday's paper & hope for a solid lead today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh my Merme, this is turning into quite an ordeal adventure for you all... hope this ad will do the trick and get you moved closer to Maxi's school...
We got a couple inches of snow yesterday... nice wet snow which will help the water situation- and lower the fire danger some- had some big ones already... I am anxious for spring but glad for the wet...
I got some seeds and little pots for the boys to start them in the other day- and I kept a big plastic container strawberries came in too to fill with egg carton bottoms to use as a mini greenhouse for them- made room in my kitchen window for them to germinate and grow- figure it will be planting time by the time we get them planted and grown.... just flowers- so far...
Well off to go get showered and dressed to go work on basement somemore.... it's coming along....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I got my son off to school after the long break and stopped to shop on the way home. Then I went out and cut/split enough wood for a day or two. That whups my tail. I am resting before going to collect my kid again.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
ah Tina, the school routine---ya know its funny--I was glad that my kids had teh t ime off & then I was glad when they went bqck---I esp liked Snow days !!

but any way---good night everyone---
Tomorrow Val & I are taking my mom & my MIL out shopping for her shower & possibley for their wedding wear...

nite nite wavy

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,900
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image